• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BRPIB Reviews

I've requested that the housekeeping thread to put to bed, but will top this one once in awhile until the last three reviews are in.

Sorry for the wait guys the holidays and work.

First Impressions

The wrapper is a light chocolate color with a sweat earthy smell to the cigar. Very well made

Size

I would gage this at 5.5 x 43

Start time 8:35pm

Drinking a glass of Jim Beam Black (Maybe more than one)

HPIM0778.jpg
[/img]

The cut on this cigar was done with my Xi cutter.

The pre light draw was a little on the tight side but not too bad I was satisfied that it had enough draw to be fine.

The lighting of this cigar was done very easily after a brief toasting of the foot the cigar welcomed the flame.

HPIM0779.jpg
[/img]

The first flavors I get from this cigar happen almost immediately and are of lite spice and a nice woody flavor. This is a well constructed cigar opening up after just a few minutes of smoking and giving me the volume of smoke I thought it needed to.

The first half never really changes from the original flavors which is not a problem because I am enjoying what I am getting.

HPIM0782.jpg
[/img]

The flavors of wood and spice stay constant threw the whole cigar never really changing. Toward the end of this cigar a get a little more on the spice side but never too strong.

HPIM0785.jpg
[/img]

I think that this is a very enjoyable cigar that I have never had before and will be looking at getting a few for the humi.

HPIM0788.jpg
[/img]

The unveiling of the mystery cigar.

HPIM0794.jpg
[/img]

A first for me, Fuente Fuente Opus X #4 ( let me know if I am wrong John)

End time 9:50

Total smoking time 1 hour and 25 min.
And two bourbon drinks.

Sorry for the crappy pics a new camera is in the works and also sorry for the delay in getting to this guys.

Also very sorry for my poor reviewing skills but this was a great smoke steady from start to finish not much change at all in the cigar. Very enjoyable.

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

It was the "Fuente Fuente" vitola... I smoked its brother on Christmas eve and was really enjoyed it! I usually enjoy cigars that have a lot of development in their flavor-profile, but I love that the Fuente-Fuente starts out stong and is just consistant and bold down to the nub.

I really wish these were easier to get a hold of...

Nicely done Jeff. :thumbs:

One of the better sizes of FFOX, in my opinion.

Seeing as I have made my way down to the Sunshine State for an overnight stay, I was able to smoke my blind review mystery cigar last night. This was my first cigar since my trip down here one month ago. The box pressed, cello wrapped churchill was well constructed and covered in a wrapper a shade lighter than most. The pre-light smell immediately made me less enthusiastic about lighting this cigar up. It had that plain jane, mid-range, tobacco and cedar smell to it that fills up a lot of the space at my local B&M (or drugstore). There was nothing in the smell that pulled me in, especially in comparison to its traveling companions on this trip; a spicy smelling Padilla Miami and creamy sweet Anejo 48. The clip was as perfect as every other cigar I have smoked since getting my Palio cutter. The initial and only light brought forth loads of spice from this cigar; a harsher spice than I enjoy in my cigars. The smoke lingered in the back of my throat with an unpleasant stale aftertaste. Sadly, I can't really tell you more about this cigar as it brought little else to the table.

...will finish later, I need to get ready for an interview...... to be continued.

edit:

Sorry for the interruption; the cigar mellowed out a bit half way through, aided by a glass of Sprite. I didn't pick up on any signs regarding the country of origin, I don't think this cigar is a puro. I am unlikely to revisit this cigar any time soon; unless of course it turns out that I smoked a cigar everyone has been raving about and I just missed the boat completely. What is this mystery stick?

... I have no idea, the envelope is at home. I arrived very late last night and haven't had a chance to take a look.