• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buena Vista's On Sale Again

Ordered 6 Boxes. They had an EL and a Reserve. 3 of each. Both are 50 RG. Curious to see if the same or different in flavors.
Got a ship notification and my UPS membership ship notice. Should be here tomorrow.

Ordered 6 Boxes. They had an EL and a Reserve. 3 of each. Both are 50 RG. Curious to see if the same or different in flavors.
Got a ship notification and my UPS membership ship notice. Should be here tomorrow.

got my shipment notification last night, but looking at the tracking updates, they won't be here until Wednesday.

Was showing the website to a fellow BOTL yesterday, at lunch, and most of the BV we purchased were all sold out. Way to go fellas!! :D

My shipment doesn't get here till Monday.

Danno, i've had both the EL and the Reserva and both are fantastic. I honestly didn't see a big difference between the two, but I might have to dig out one of each now and have them side by side. I usually open 1 box at a time and cruise through it, and I didn't even realize that I had bought a few regular and a few EL boxes.

Yep, I ordered the Larga's and Clint ordered the Pyramid's. Going to swap a box with him and see how these do.

I have tried and actually own all sizes. The Larga's are the only inconsistent ones out all of them, some are plugged and some are under-filled. All other sizes seem to be perfectly rolled and maybe I just got a bad batch of the Larga's (4 boxes). My favorite are the Corona's.

Had my first of these last night. Admittedly, I had it ROTT, so I don't blame any burn issues on the cigar just yet. It had a burn down the middle that caused some issues, but again, it hasn't settled in my humidor yet.

Taste, they were good. It's a very nice cigar. Easily worth the price we paid on these. I'd say it smokes like about a $6-$7 cigar. However, they are incredibly mild. Incredibly. While I did enjoy mine and will certainly keep the others around, I will most likely gift a box to a buddy who can't handle the kind of cigars I normally smoke.

Very mild, but very well put together and a good cigar.

Had my first of these last night. Admittedly, I had it ROTT, so I don't blame any burn issues on the cigar just yet. It had a burn down the middle that caused some issues, but again, it hasn't settled in my humidor yet.

Taste, they were good. It's a very nice cigar. Easily worth the price we paid on these. I'd say it smokes like about a $6-$7 cigar. However, they are incredibly mild. Incredibly. While I did enjoy mine and will certainly keep the others around, I will most likely gift a box to a buddy who can't handle the kind of cigars I normally smoke.

Very mild, but very well put together and a good cigar.
They're on the mild side, but not Davidoff mild. Maybe the burn issue affected the one you had? Anyway, for $2-3 a stick they are worth keeping on hand for morning smokes, or when you're working on something and aren't going to be paying close attention to the stick.

Mine showed up yesterday.

Immediately stowed them in the coolerdor for decompression.

After they've rested a bit, I'll bust one out and give it a spin. I hope they aren't as mild as y'all are saying. But if they are, they will make fantastic gifts.

After they've rested a bit, I'll bust one out and give it a spin. I hope they aren't as mild as y'all are saying. But if they are, they will make fantastic gifts.
The flavors might be a bit reticent ROTT. I used to get that years ago before I just stopped doing it.

Mine showed up yesterday.

Immediately stowed them in the coolerdor for decompression.

If you think most Cubans are mild, you're gonna think these are mild. To me they're a solid medium in strength, let them rest a bit then try another. Like has been stated, you can't beat it for the price. IMHO, the best sizes are petit pyramid, followed by corona, though some say the draw is tight on this size, followed by short Churchill. I imagine the larger smokes are milder as that is normal in most blends, larger smoke tends to equal milder smoke. I've had a couple with tighter than desirable draws, but for the price tag, can't complain.

So at what point does it stop being ROTT?
Most say 1-2 weeks, some say minimum 30 days. Your opinion may vary. I find that typically 1 weeks rest is good enough for me, though still occasionally smoke something within a day ROTT.

So at what point does it stop being ROTT?
Hard to say due to so many variables. In my own experience, a couple few days can make a pretty big difference but may not be optimum.
I've experienced pretty dramatic differences in the one to two month range. Of course, each cigar is different, but some things tend to prove themselves over time.
There is a lot going on environmentally as shipped cigars rapidly change several environments. This also affects the mechanical tensions on the cigar, in turn, affecting burn.
Uneven burn will affect the flavor so mechanical stabilization, imo, is important.
I like about 3 weeks for cigars to mechanically stabilize.

Hey y'all...it's been along time since I have been on this site...it's good to be back and lurking around finding new information. I took a break from semi-serious cigar buying and collecting and I ended up smoking most of my decent sized stash. So in my new found passion, I came across this post about the Buena Vista's, and at $22 a box, it can't be beat. It's a great size to have around and not expensive, where I can share them with the less astute smokers who venture onto my patio.

I purchased two boxes of the Corona Larga and just received them yesterday. They are all in good shape, no issues with torn wrappers or torn feet, but they were all very dry. The wrappers show no sign of oils or the much loved shine from a nicely stored cigar. They all seen very hard as well. I know that I am going to sit them in my humidor for a month or so before smoking the first one...but I'm a little disappointed at the dryness up front. Am I the only one who is experiencing this same thing?

I bought a box of coronas a while back and dryness wasn't an issue - they were all badly plugged. It was impossible to get a decent draw on them, even after piercing and dry-boxing them. Smoked (or attempted to smoke) 5 of them and gave the rest away.

image.jpeg

Pic of the burn issue I had. It did affect the taste, so I let it go out. The relit the outer areas. The burn corrected itself about halfway through and the last half was better. I nubbed it. It was good. Just mild.

If you think most Cubans are mild, you're gonna think these are mild. To me they're a solid medium in strength, let them rest a bit then try another. Like has been stated, you can't beat it for the price. IMHO, the best sizes are petit pyramid, followed by corona, though some say the draw is tight on this size, followed by short Churchill. I imagine the larger smokes are milder as that is normal in most blends, larger smoke tends to equal milder smoke. I've had a couple with tighter than desirable draws, but for the price tag, can't complain.

I've not had one, yet. They seemed to be on the dry side, so I wanted them to rest before I give it a shot.