• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling on all SAN DIEGANS

Perspective is everything.....

Chaps5.jpg

Hoffers in El Cajon (I think)....cigars and beer on tap.

Liberty off of Kerney Mesa (sp) just south of Miramar NAS

Captain Hook at Seaport Village...near the convention and right on the water

You finally got someone to offer you three answers to your query and you're going to go somewhere else?

Thank you, the one I believe that I will check out 1rst is Excaliber cigar and wine.

Be prepared to pay a cut charge at Excalibur if you bring your own cigars. Aside from that, a decent establishment. Also check out Cigar Grotto in Oceanside (major supporter of USMC) and Via Vera Cruz in San Marcos (sit down lounge walk-in). If you are in the downtown area of San Diego, I recommend Capt.HUNT, not Hook, on the water in Seaport Village. No indoor seating area but as close to legally smoking on the beach/water as you're going to get in San Diego. Avoid the Gas Lamp shops like the plague unless you are dying to have a drink with your cigar because you pay to have that cigar......over priced, gougers.

Thank you, the one I believe that I will check out 1rst is Excaliber cigar and wine.

Be prepared to pay a cut charge at Excalibur if you bring your own cigars. Aside from that, a decent establishment. Also check out Cigar Grotto in Oceanside (major supporter of USMC) and Via Vera Cruz in San Marcos (sit down lounge walk-in). If you are in the downtown area of San Diego, I recommend Capt.HUNT, not Hook, on the water in Seaport Village. No indoor seating area but as close to legally smoking on the beach/water as you're going to get in San Diego. Avoid the Gas Lamp shops like the plague unless you are dying to have a drink with your cigar because you pay to have that cigar......over priced, gougers.

I totally agree with the recommendation of Cigar Grotto. I was in the area for the races at Del Mar about 2 years ago and stopped in. Wound up buying a lighter. I had trouble with it about 6 months later, called up the shop, and the owner helped me get the lighter taken care of. He knew that I wasn't going to stop in and buy stuff on a weekly basis, but he still went out of his way to help me out on it. Great service.

You finally got someone to offer you three answers to your query and you're going to go somewhere else?
I know, right?? :rolleyes:

Zippity doo-daaaaahh zippity ayyy, my oh my what a wonderful dayyyyy!!

By the way, the Gas Lamp shops truly are a joke. Total "tourist" / "CA Cigar Grazer" selection, with all the usual suspects overpriced (Domestic Cohibas, Partagas) and all them cool "cooban" brand names people hear about. Don't wastew your time. The Grotto is much much better, but a bit of a ways out of SD.

I hear that Ocenside Grotto is really great, a little far but that could be a spot for me. I'm expecting they throw a lot (or a decent amount) of herf parties at the grotto, I'm not in it to smoke, I am about 2 1/2 years away remember (for those who read my intro). But I still want to know ahead of time where to go when my time is up, I'm just cruising to check out the area and see what they have to offer.
Many thanks