• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling out Waxingmoon - seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swif I think the question is what will you do, in either situation, if waxingmoon consequently refunds all your money?
If I were to get a refund from Waxing moon before auctioning off the Humidor I would take 25% of the refund us that to have some shelves build for my wine cooler and give the 75% of the founds to Wounded Warriors.

In this case Waxing Moon would have the humidor given back. If Waxing let me keep the humidor I would send to Arlin have him repair the humidor and then auction of for Wounded Warriors. Founds for this route would be 100% given to the foundation.

If I was not 100% clear on this I am sorry. I hope this clears it all up. I am sure that having the Humidor repaired by Arlin would take place sooner then Waxing Moon refunding me.

Swif, I'm not going to jump in for either side on this, as it is not my place here. I am also not jumping on the READ THE BIG RED PRINT!!1! wagon here. However, I would like to respectfully ask that you take a breath before hitting that "post" button and proofread your message. I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi for the sake of burning someone for forgetting to capitalize a word or use a semicolon out of context as some have been wont to do here. I legitimately have a hard time following what you are saying because there are so many typos and misuses. Though I agree, I'll leave the subject admonishment to those who know more about the situation than I do.

You don't get it do you? If Arlin helps you out, you need to do what he asks. He is donating his time and it is worth something. All he wants is 100% to go to wounded warriors.

Then you have the brotherhood here helping you out. How many have helped you anonymously? Not to mention the other boards you have been ranting on.

So, now we ALL feel dupped. I would be surprised if anyone helps you after this. Take some tips from Josh on how to handle this situation from this point forward. Or move along. I am bored with reading about this!

I do not want my offer to implicate anyone. For the record, there were no takers on the board or off. Also, any offer I would make for any gift would be absolutely unconditional. Same as those done for me over the years.

Swif I think the question is what will you do, in either situation, if waxingmoon consequently refunds all your money?
If I were to get a refund from Waxing moon before auctioning off the Humidor I would take 25% of the refund us that to have some shelves build for my wine cooler and give the 75% of the founds to Wounded Warriors.

In this case Waxing Moon would have the humidor given back. If Waxing let me keep the humidor I would send to Arlin have him repair the humidor and then auction of for Wounded Warriors. Founds for this route would be 100% given to the foundation.

If I was not 100% clear on this I am sorry. I hope this clears it all up. I am sure that having the Humidor repaired by Arlin would take place sooner then Waxing Moon refunding me.

Since Waxing Moon supposedly has some completed hunidors for sale, I am curious why he wouldn't just offer to swap yours out? Seems like a simple solution and it doesn't sound to me like you are very hard to work with.

Since Waxing Moon supposedly has some completed hunidors for sale, I am curious why he wouldn't just offer to swap yours out? Seems like a simple solution and it doesn't sound to me like you are very hard to work with.

I can't speak for Swif, but originally Ed did offer to replace mine. I figured I owed him the chance to make it right, but after four months of no further contact from him I asked for my money back.

You don't get it do you? If Arlin helps you out, you need to do what he asks. He is donating his time and it is worth something. All he wants is 100% to go to wounded warriors.

Then you have the brotherhood here helping you out. How many have helped you anonymously? Not to mention the other boards you have been ranting on.

So, now we ALL feel dupped. I would be surprised if anyone helps you after this. Take some tips from Josh on how to handle this situation from this point forward. Or move along. I am bored with reading about this!

I do not want my offer to implicate anyone. For the record, there were no takers on the board or off. Also, any offer I would make for any gift would be absolutely unconditional. Same as those done for me over the years.

I sent you a message on the other forum replying to your offer.

At First Ed stated he would repair the Humidor and I was up for that. Then 3 months goes by and nothing as far is getting everything set up for the repairs. I contact Ed stating to get the ball rolling or refund me. Ed stated he would refund me by way of making payments. I have received on payment at $250.

If this was handled correctly I would be up for a swap. A year has gone by and nothing fixed or resolved. Really don't want another humidor from him.

I can't speak for Swif, but originally Ed did offer to replace mine. I figured I owed him the chance to make it right, but after four months of no further contact from him I asked for my money back.

Same here. Did it after 3 months and gave Ed the option. He said he would refund me. Still waiting.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm still curious though, what happens in a scenario in which Arlin fixes the humidor, it gets auctioned off, and then you end up getting a refund from Waxingmoon after the auction? Would the refund be off the table if the humidor has already been auctioned?

This is getting insanely complicated. Let me see if I have it correct:

Scenario 1: You do not get a refund from WM, so you give the humidor to Arlin. Arlin fixes it, auctions it, and you get 25% in return; 75% to soldiers.

Scenario 2: You get a refund from WM, so you give the humidor to Arlin. Arlin fixes it, auctions it, and you get 0% from proceeds. 100% of proceeds goes to soldiers.

Is that correct?

If I were you and knew I wasn't going to get a refund, I'd sell it on Craigslist and get whatever I can. Or find a local cabinet maker to fix it up if you want to keep it. Arlin's offer is very generous as well. Lots of paths you can go down...

Ultimately it's your money invested in this thing, so it's your decision how you want to handle it with the available options brought forth at CP.

This is getting insanely complicated. Let me see if I have it correct:

Scenario 1: You do not get a refund from WM, so you give the humidor to Arlin. Arlin fixes it, auctions it, and you get 25% in return; 75% to soldiers.

Scenario 2: You get a refund from WM, so you give the humidor to Arlin. Arlin fixes it, auctions it, and you get 0% from proceeds. 100% of proceeds goes to soldiers.

Is that correct?

If I were you and knew I wasn't going to get a refund, I'd sell it on Craigslist and get whatever I can. Or find a local cabinet maker to fix it up if you want to keep it. Arlin's offer is very generous as well. Lots of paths you can go down...

Ultimately it's your money invested in this thing, so it's your decision how you want to handle it with the available options brought forth at CP.

Thanks for clearing up Rod, I was getting confused on what was going on.

I thought there was one more option available...

Scenario 3: Arlin fixes the humidor and Swif keeps it and uses it.

Could be wrong, but I thought Arlin posted something about scenario 3.

Arlin's terms , emphasis mine :

My offer to work on this Humidor FOR FREE is based upon 100% of the auction sale proceeds going to to the benefit of our servicemen. My offer was intended to 'make Swif whole' and not better his position. It seems that Swif wants both a refund from Waxingmoon and a share of a charity auction? ??? This seems wrong to me.

I will only 'make right correctable matters' FOR FREE if there is no refund and the Humidor is kept by Swif. That would keep him 'whole'
Also 'make right correctable matters' FOR FREE if the humidor is auctioned off and 100% of the sale proceeds go to the benefit of out servicemen.
I am not willing to 'make right correctable matters' FOR FREE under other circumstances.

I stated that I would like to keep 25% as to recover a little to move forward with my wine cooler. I will not keep the humidor as I cannot look at it form this ordeal. If you fix it I will auction it off to send money to wounded warriors

I do not expect anything free. I do not expect you or anyone else to give me anything free.

If Ed steps up and refunds me I will take a small amount for my wine cooler and send the rest to wounded warriors. If ED refunds me in full and I keep the humidor the same thing will happen. I will auction off the humidor repaired + donated parts of my refund from ED to give even more money to wounded warriors.

The part in red is what had me confused at first. It seems you have no intention on keeping the Humidor?

The part in Blue is a nice gesture. 100% of auction goes to Wounded Warriors and you will throw in some extra on top.

i dont have a horse in this but saw this on FB and thought it was relevant and interesting
http://www.waxingmoonhumidors.com/for-sale/get-in
3-9-20123-00-56PM.png

Correct me if I'm wrong.

He paid for something that doesn't meet his expectations.

He is unable to get a refund or replacement.

He is left with an expensive paper weight or something he can sell at a significantly reduced price (maybe).

A local craftsman hears of his plight and offers his talents to fix the item.

He states he no longer wants the item.

Local craftsman suggests fixing it and donating the proceeds of a sale.

All hell breaks loose in the community because he wants to retain some of the proceeds to cover his initial investment.

I don't know or really even care about this guy. He can do whatever he wants with the box. If Arlin puts time and energy into it for free, knowing it is to be sold, he should be able to dictate the beneficiary of his improvements. He paid for the box he can sell the box. I would however be sure I had a product to return if the manufacturer requests it back after refund. You can't have a full refund and a product to sell unless the manufacturer says keep it.

Swif - You opened this can of worms at CP. Please respond in bullet-point format what you want out of this. This is getting ridiculous.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
- He paid for something that doesn't meet his expectations.
- He is unable to get a refund or replacement.
- He is left with an expensive paper weight or something he can sell at a significantly reduced price (maybe).
- A local craftsman hears of his plight and offers his talents to fix the item. He states he no longer wants the item.
- Local craftsman suggests fixing it and donating the proceeds of a sale.
- All hell breaks loose in the community because he wants to retain some of the proceeds to cover his initial investment.

I don't know or really even care about this guy. He can do whatever he wants with the box. If Arlin puts time and energy into it for free, knowing it is to be sold, he should be able to dictate the beneficiary of his improvements. He paid for the box he can sell the box. I would however be sure I had a product to return if the manufacturer requests it back after refund. You can't have a full refund and a product to sell unless the manufacturer says keep it.

That's how I understand it. What a mess....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back