• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cameroon wrapped Añejo Shark

moki

el Presidente
Cameroon wrapped Añejo Shark No.77 review -- A friend was kind enough to send me a this cigar (and a few others) recently, so I figured I'd spark it up and see how it was tasting.

Cigar manufacturers often talk about "blending" a cigar, and picking the proper wrapper to compliment the blend of the cigar. This cigar is a perfect example of this... because of how out of balance it tastes.

I love the Anejo blend, and the CT Broadleaf Maduro wrapper that is on it works wonderfully with the blend. It's amazing how much the change in wrapper affects the taste of this cigar.

To me, this cigar tasted harsh, unbalanced, and unrefined... something I'd never associate with an Anejo. I did not enjoy this Cameroon wrapper Anejo Shark at all.

I can only hope that some serious aging time will mellow the wrappers out on these babies. See you in 5-6 years.

man, I thought this cigar was great. Send the rest you have to me and I'll send you something back.

Thanks for the candid analysis. I have been sitting on some from last year's Holt's holiday sampler and have been hesitant to fire one up for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Now and again for a light change of pace I enjoy a cigar with a cameroon wrapper. Certain Anejo sizes easily fall within the group of some of my favorite cigars (although the Shark is one of my least favorite vitolas, I still enjoy it over many, many other cigars). The combination of the Cameroon wrapper and the Anejo blend was intriguing, but I wasn't sure how/if it would work. I guess I will have to fire up one soon to give it a shot myself and sit on the rest if I don't find them to be enjoyable (and hope time will help). Thanks again.

I have a few of these sitting. Thanks Andrew, I'll let them sit longer now. Do you find that you like the Cameroon in general?

Yeah, I'm curious if you smoke and like other Cameroon wrapped cigars? Cameroon wrappers are quickly becoming my favorite (thanks to La Aurora La Flor Dominicana). Thanks for the review.

Yeah, I'm curious if you smoke and like other Cameroon wrapped cigars? Cameroon wrappers are quickly becoming my favorite (thanks to La Aurora La Flor Dominicana). Thanks for the review.

Sure, I very much enjoy other Cameroon cigars, and even other Fuente Cameroon cigars such as the Casa Fuentes. There's just something off-kilter with this one, IMHO.

Thanks for a honest review Andrew.

I enjoyed the two I had, except for the horrible burn on them. Still haven't had a shark (reg. or Cameroon) that burned correctly....weird.

I've still got mine from last Christmas, too bad, I hope I like mine a bit better.

Thanks for the review! I'm a huge fan of the regular sharks, and have been interested to try one of the cammie sharks. Your review really does make me think twice because I can imagine that the change in wrapper would completely change the flavor profile for it. Interesting. I'd also be interested in smoking a shark and cammie shark back to back for comparison.

I smoke one of mine about a month after receipt...the others are resting. I will say I really enjoyed mine.......but cannot remember the flavor profile (or maybe it was hanging out with Shooter, SkyDivnekd, and Ninja(CF)) that help contribute to the enjoyment or just the Bourbon....

I liked mine, didn't think it was the greatest thing ever, but I never thought it was harsh or tasted unpleasant at all. maybe you got a dud. ???

When i saw them at that web site i forwarded you awhile ago my first thoughts on the mix were uuuuyuck. I smoke only CAO Cameroons and Torano 1916 (so far) and the mix just sounds a mess. But it was specifically made by request so hey whatever trips your trigger.

Come now look at the source. kayakin usually smokes lfd so theres no taste buds left. :laugh:

I still have one sitting as well. Amazing how fast the time goes by.

Maybe I'll look at it again this time next year.

Come now look at the source. kayakin usually smokes lfd so theres no taste buds left. :laugh:

Hey boss, I haven't had a LFD in awhile. Maybe if you stopped in more, you'd know! :sign: :laugh:

Andrew I posted something very similar on CF after I had my first couple, sold the rest, as they were almost foul to me. I can't say I'll revisit it again later.