• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cedar-Fresh Corona Maduro

mostholycerebus

I picked up fiver of these off of c-bid for damn cheap, thought i'd give them a try. It sat in a 70% humi for 3 days before smoking. I cut it with my slighty-dull guillotine, lit with matches (let the sulpher burn away first).

APPEARANCE
Looks good from a distance. Bright colorfull red and gold band, cedar wrapping. The construction of all five is not good. The color is blotchy and inconsistent, wrapper leaf was coming off on one of them, and one was so pale it looked almost like a Natural. Slightly mushy in feel. The cigar is lumpy. Looks like a candy bar or turd.

FLAVOR
You know that taste when you have gone through most of a decent cigar and get towards the end, and the taste turns slightly bitter and acrid? It was like that at the start, then mellowed a little, then just went out. Not harsh, but not smooth either.

SMOKING CHARACTERISTICS
Lit it, it went out, lit it again. The draw was very hard throughout the whole cigar. It went out several times, I really had to work to keep it going. Burn was uneven, by the last third there was a spiral of un-smoked cigar sticking out. Smoke was pure white. I smoked this on a casual stroll with the SO after a nice steak dinner; her comments: "I don't even like you smoking, or know anything about cigars, but this one really smells terrible" Ash got to about 1/2" before falling, again several times.

OVERALL IMPRESSION
I was pretty unhappy with this cigar as a whole. Once I finally got it started, it tasted and smoked OK for the 2nd 3rd of the cigar. The TASTE was strong like a good maduro, but it had a really light aftertaste, like a weak sungrown. Wish I could have finished it, but I could not keep it going through the last 3rd. I think I will get some use out of these, maybe as a prop for a halloween costume, or a door stop, or a gift to my boss. I probably won't buy these again though.

I'll update after a few months in the humi.

Also, thanks again to HapaLee for the Padron 3000. An excellent mark to weight other 'budget' cigars like this against. :thumbs:

Never had one but good review none the less