• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Central Jersey Herf

amateuraficionado

Been too long since our last shindig and I think it's about time to get the guys together again. I've contacted Ashes Cigar Bar and we're confirmed for Sat. Aug. 1st from 1-5 PM. They only allow smoking upstairs now, so this is where we'll be, which I'm sure is better than the Champagne Room. :sign: So....... who's in?

AA - I'm in
ironpeddler - no choice, he's in.
northernmoris - also no choice, he's in.
surfish.dave - could be coerced
Irish - on standby
KeyserSoze - on standby
wasy - possibly +1
flamchop - probably
tone-ny - possibly

Definitely interested DeVonn, I could really use a day out. Both dates look OK for now but my FIL has been sick, so I cannot commit until the dates draw closer. Put me down as a maybe. What time do you guys usually get started?

Definitely interested DeVonn, I could really use a day out. Both dates look OK for now but my FIL has been sick, so I cannot commit until the dates draw closer. Put me down as a maybe. What time do you guys usually get started?

Sorry to hear that Matt. It'd be great if you could make it out. We're looking to get this one started around 1PM or so. Once I hear back from Ashes, I'll have more info.

Count me as a maybe D! I've got relatives coming in so I'm not sure if I'll be entertaining them that weekend or not. Be nice to meet some of the other NJ CPr's. Thanks for putting this together bro.

Count me as a maybe D! I've got relatives coming in so I'm not sure if I'll be entertaining them that weekend or not. Be nice to meet some of the other NJ CPr's. Thanks for putting this together bro.

Finally! :sign: Got you down Mike, long overdue! :thumbs:

:thumbs: Let me know.

Sounds good DeVonn, I'm....

Oh, never mind :laugh:

I was beginning to think I was going to have to come drag you two out of your homes! :laugh:

Still haven't heard back from Ashes yet. I've been hearing a lot of conflicting talk. Some people say it's temporarily closed, others say it's open. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out the scoop and post an update.

How is Ashes now since it's under new management?

Don't know, haven't been there since the change, which appears to have been very recent. There are a number of changes coming up, including a new menu, which has actually already happened, and a name change. The new name for Ashes is going to be 'Blue 33'. I spoke to one of the girls who was in charge of party planning yesterday and she had one of the new owners contact me. I missed his call yesterday so I'm going to get back to him in a few hours.

FYI, unfortunately neither the weekend of the 18th nor that of the 25th is going to work for me. I have my wife's niece's grad. party on the 18th and another one on the 25th in south Jersey. This is going to have to get pushed back to either the weekend of August 1st or the 8th. I figure this might work better for everyone anyway as it gives us all a li'l more time. If anyone has a preference on the day, let me know asap. If not, I'll probably be scheduling it for the 1st.

Oh yeah, just so you guys know, the more people we have in attendance, the better the chances are that we'll be placed upstairs instead of in the 'Champagne Room' like last time.

DeVonn, when we saw each other last, we spoke about August maybe being better since most family functions seem to dwindle down by then and the Dog Days of Summer have set in.

I'm definitely in for an August get-together.

Once again, thanks for doing all the leg work here..and remember, if you ever need a hand with anything, don't hesitate to call Mike :laugh:

DeVonn, when we saw each other last, we spoke about August maybe being better since most family functions seem to dwindle down by then and the Dog Days of Summer have set in.

Absolutely right Gary.... I should've listened in the first place.

Once again, thanks for doing all the leg work here..and remember, if you ever need a hand with anything, don't hesitate to call Mike :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: ........ I'll be sure to do that!

I can try to make either date. Once we get into August I'll know better.

We're all set guys and the first post has been updated. We're a go for Sat. Aug. 1st from 1-5 PM..... can't wait!