• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chicago XMas Get-together-Dec. 28th 4pm

BigMacFU

Tornado of Teeth
TIME & DATE: Friday, December 28th starting at 4 and of course going until whenever!

PLACE: Cigar King 8016 Lincoln Ave Skokie, IL 60077 (847) 675-2447

I know some won't be able to make it by 4, but the place doesn't close until 9 and I'll be there by 4 with bells on.

Sorry for all the changes on this impromptu get together.

Hey come on, we'll get together eat some bratwurst, talk Ditka, Da Bears.

Sean, you know that if I were out there at that time, I'd be right there next to you passing the mustard. I hope you all have a great time and do take a lot of pics....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

You're a good man Charlie Brown...Baranyai.

I'll definitely eat some great pizza and brats (the sausages, not kids) for you bro.

Come on people!

Well, looks like I will be in the Windy city area (Deerfield) from 25-30 so I am down for a night smoking some sticks. Drop a line when you guys have a game plan.

Jay

Keep checking in here, I'll update it with a location and day once we get a little more input from the Chicago BOTL's (nudge nudge).

Cigar King in Skokie is a good go to.

There's a restaraunt, bar, cigar store in Dundee that sounds interesting. PM sack and see what he thought about it.

I'm curious about a new shop in Lakemoor, Kenny The King Tobacco.(Kenny's second shop)

My favorite local shop is Stogies in Hanover Park.

My favorite smoke friendly venue is Ballpark Bar & Grill in Roselle.

My guess this will be a tough time to get people to commit early but that weekend is one of the best boys-night-out times of the year. No one plans anything for that weekend. It's traditionaly a successful weekend for a poker game. Just keep topping it and see what response you get as the date nears.

Those are south sider locations, aren't they alex ;-) I have to be honest, I'm all for a central meeting, but the furthest south I'll head is Oak Brook. Maybe the south loop.

Can't commit for sure, but I would be game. Depends on location and family commitments, but I assume I could sneak out for a bit. Preference would be more northerly. Looking to make this an evening event?

Well, looks like I will be in the Windy city area (Deerfield) from 25-30 so I am down for a night smoking some sticks. Drop a line when you guys have a game plan.

Jay

OK, well :sign: are we any closer. :whistling:

Went to check out M. T. Barrels in West Dundee, 98 W. Main st. 60118, it's an old converted brewery that is now a micro brewery. The first floor is a pub and restaurant with the prettiest maids working the bar. The second floor is for banquets and the third floor is the smoking lounge. And what a smoking lounge it is, 40"ish HDTV, all new refurbished walls and bar, with a walk - in humidor that's not bad. I believe he has made a deal with the local pols to stay open after the 1st. because the third floor has an elevator and all food is dumbwaitered up. So maybe it will qualify for an exemption from the employee second hand smoke angle, keep your fingers crossed. I had the steak sandwich which was excellent, and there are quite a number of excellent micro brews. :) :thumbs:

that place sounds great, but seems a little far for the city crowd. Anybody have any nearer suggestions? All I can think of is churchill downs near northbrook court, but even that my be a little too northerly. Any place in or around oak brook?

that place sounds great, but seems a little far for the city crowd. Anybody have any nearer suggestions? All I can think of is churchill downs near northbrook court, but even that my be a little too northerly. Any place in or around oak brook?
8 to 8 Cigars in Villa Park on St. Charles Road, right off of 83, they have a great selection and a nice place to lounge for about 20 guys. Also the selections of cigar are fantastic, but a bit on the high side. Free coffe. :thumbs:

8 to 8 is a great spot. But no food and no liquor.

With the i-355 new extension finished, Getting down to orland park (belicoso) is now a quicker trip for all the NW burb guys. (since you are already near oakbrook location that was suggested)
I can get belicoso to host our get together. We could order food (pizza or other takeout) and we could imbibe in some adult beverages and smoke and trade plenty of cigars.

Depending on where we decide to meet, I'll either be coming from the city or the west suburbs. As long as I can avoid highway gridlock, I don't mind if the venue is far away.

Alex, those extra 20 miles (oak brook to belicosos) are going to kill me, even oak brook was stretching, I'll be driving home that night. I'm not saying they should be off the list though, sounds like a hell of a place! I just want what'll work for as many people as possible. Whatever we end up doing though, let's make it the Friday night, the 28th, but start early, like 3 or 4 o'clock, so that those of us who will be driving home can leave before it gets too late and still have had plenty of time to hang out.

Are there any other location suggestions? I have no clue how the new laws, if they're even in effect, have effected places. If we don't get any other solid suggestions, let's go with Alex's "Cheers."

8 to 8 is a great spot. But no food and no liquor.

With the i-355 new extension finished, Getting down to orland park (belicoso) is now a quicker trip for all the NW burb guys. (since you are already near oakbrook location that was suggested)
I can get belicoso to host our get together. We could order food (pizza or other takeout) and we could imbibe in some adult beverages and smoke and trade plenty of cigars.
8 to 8 is closer to route83 which goes north and south and is closer to Chicago, plus there is a Brazilian restaurant across the street called Fusion Fire and a pub between them both that has a selection of beers that's incredible. Alex, not trying to compete but i was just there and it's easy to get there from 83.

Let's put it to a vote for those wanting to come:

8 to 8 or Belicosos, they seem like fair suggestions.