• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarFest 2009 - May 2nd

CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in, Got mytix.
See ya there!!!!!!!

Now I'm going back to sleep. Damn those CI MotherFuckers

Record time, the VIH tickets are sold out in less than 28 minutes. Oh well, this year I'll have to deal with a General admission ticket...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I missed out, all sold out and the only thing left is an auction for the herf nut tickets
an auction come one thats kinda low, basically hey guys heres 500 tickets fight for them and lets see who pays enough to have eggs and a bagel.

people already have 200 bids in

How are these Cigarfests compared to those Big Smoke events?

I saw the ads on CI for this Cigarfest a while back but just blew it off.

I thought they were great a few years back until they tried to keep squeezing more and more people into the same space. When they first held it in SplitRock they had 1500 people. IMHO that was the max the building and ventilation could manage. Then they increased the number of people to 2000 and it was like trying to squeeze 10lbs of Sh*t into a 5lb bag. Now this year they are increasing the number of people to 2,500 which in my opinion is way too many people. If the weather is cold and or rainy less people will be able migrate outside and you will not be able to move. They really lost me with the auction of tickets to squeeze more $ out of B/SOTL. Unfortunately, greed seems to always ruin a good thing. Just my opinion. However, you do get your moneys worth in cigars, but again that is if you like the selection they give you.

I thought they were great a few years back until they tried to keep squeezing more and more people into the same space. When they first held it in SplitRock they had 1500 people. IMHO that was the max the building and ventilation could manage. Then they increased the number of people to 2000 and it was like trying to squeeze 10lbs of Sh*t into a 5lb bag. Now this year they are increasing the number of people to 2,500 which in my opinion is way too many people. If the weather is cold and or rainy less people will be able migrate outside and you will not be able to move. They really lost me with the auction of tickets to squeeze more $ out of B/SOTL. Unfortunately, greed seems to always ruin a good thing. Just my opinion. However, you do get your moneys worth in cigars, but again that is if you like the selection they give you.

It seems that every year the CI folks seem to come up with another reason to be pissed off at them regarding ticket sales.
This whole auction thing just reeks of CAPITALISM!

but the auction will probably lead to one thing and that's next years prices being much higher.
logic would say that if people are willing to bid an approx average of 181 for herf nut tickets then 100 for general admission is to low so lets raise the price.

but the auction will probably lead to one thing and that's next years prices being much higher.
logic would say that if people are willing to bid an approx average of 181 for herf nut tickets then 100 for general admission is to low so lets raise the price.

Well,
I tell you what. If they raise the prices again I am not going.
I almost didn't go this year.
It's really about the scene for me as most of the cigars they give out are crap anyway.
I smoke cigarfest sticks at work so that if I have to stop smoking it I am not too worried about it.

yeah i couldnt get tickets so i tried at the auction but only put to 130 cause i wasnt going to pay more than that. I might just see if i get my car working for that time frame and take a drive just to herf outside if the weather is good.

It seems that every year the CI folks seem to come up with another reason to be pissed off at them regarding ticket sales.
This whole auction thing just reeks of CAPITALISM!

Gee --- isn't that what built us into the greatest country the world has yet produced? :whistling:

I went in 06 and had a great time. The next 2 years I was too slow off the mark and couldn't get tickets but I have one for this year and looking forward to it. I hope the situation as described by other posters in regards to overcrowding is not so bad as to take some of the fun out of it. By and large, I enjoy the company of my fellow cigar nuts and I don't mind the blue air at all. As far as the sticks being given at the event, the list on the website looked real good to me so we'll see. It will be very interesting to see how the SCHIP effects this event in the future. DEATH TO THE SCHIP!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going this year. It will be my third Cigar Fest. Bonus - it is only 30 minutes away for me.