• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Cigar Draft 2006 - ALPHA DRAFT

Since I never have regularly scheduled hours for work ( :rolleyes: ) I'm not sure if I'll be in to pick before 8:30...More likely than not I'll be home by 6:00 to post on-time, for the sixth slot is two hours after the draft considered a "reasonable" amount of time?

Since I never have regularly scheduled hours for work ( :rolleyes: ) I'm not sure if I'll be in to pick before 8:30...More likely than not I'll be home by 6:00 to post on-time, for the sixth slot is two hours after the draft considered a "reasonable" amount of time?
That is a good question and I think we need some clarity. I doubt your pick will be up in the first two hours as not everyone can be online all the time. Wilkey, can you please give us an idea of what a "reasonable" amount of time is when making a selection?

JMHO, but I think we should post our picks as quickly as possible. In the event that the draft stops due to someones absence, I would have no problem waiting 12 or even 24 hours to get rolling again.

Hey guys, I just posted this over on BRAVO. It sounds like you are having the same conversation.

I know it is last minute, but with my head cold I have lots of non sleep time to think.

For me, I feel the excitement portion of this draft will be sitting back, watching the picks come out. Worrying about someone taking my next planned stick, and finally when my pick comes back up, looking over the remaining sticks and making a strategic decision based upon the actual pool at that time.

Other than possibly Wilkey, who has graciously donated humidor space not to mention time, I doubt any of us need this Draft to be over in a day or two. It would kind of steal the fun from it for me.

With that as my premise, I am proposing that none of us should be forced to pick during business hours 8-5 in our time zone. I'm not suggesting that we can't pick if we have access and time, but lets face it, those jobs are what pay for this game we are playing.

Additionally, it has been asked and not answered, "What is a reasonable amount of time to complete your pick?" I would suggest 1-1 1/2 hours from the later of either the previous pick or 5PM in your time zone. For the sake of those of us with kids, a 10PM bedtime would also be appreciated.

So with guidelines like these (please feel free to object) most everyone will be able to be present for their pick. If you think your pick will be up and you know you will not be home then follow the previous procedure of PMs and postings.

A traditional box pass takes weeks, and nobody complains, I don't have a problem with this one stretching some so that everyone can maximize their fun.

Matt

Gentlemen,

These are all very good questions and I think your fellow participants in the pass are coming up with the kinds of reasonable answers I would offer.

As for making picks, let's just see how it starts out as this is the first time for many of you as it is for me. It will not be mine or Dan's objective to penalize anyone and you can be sure that we ideally want everyone to be able to make all their picks in their original slots. We're going to play it just a bit on the flexible side since this is our first time through and fun is the primary objective. I would probably wait a few hours before moving anyone especially if I've been contacted beforehand.

From reading other pick threads it appears that two weeks would not be an unreasonable for a draft of this size to wrap up. I hope this gives you guys a bit of a sense that at times it may move quickly and at other times, several hours may pass with no action. That's just the way these seem to go. As for the overnight, aside from 1:00 AM - 5:00 AM, I suspect there are wide bands on either side that count as "not quite overnight" for many folks so we'll see what happens the first day or two.

I think we've got enough "exact" guidelines, now is the time where the rubber hits the road and all the participants and the draft coordinators will work together to deal with things as they unfold in real time.

How's that? :D

BTW, I was at the NYC herf last night and had the opportunity to talk and smoke with CgarDan, the BRAVO Draft coordinator. Dan's a great guy with a good head on his shoulders and I'm really pleased to be working with him on this.

ALPHA Draft Note: Today I have a project meeting starting at, you guessed it, 5:00 PM EST, and I may not be there to officially kick things off. I will try to post at 5:00 to start things rolling but I can't guarantee that. I've already mentioned this to Dan and asked him to keep an eye on things here in ALPHA should I be AWOL. In the case that I am not there, the official start time will be determined by the NIST Atomic Clock Timer Server.

Wilkey

(Cross posted in ALPHA and BRAVO)

OK guys.... I think you are making more out of this than needs to be made. I can't believe this thread is up to 7 pages and the draft has not even started.

Check out this thread to see how smoothly a Draft is supposed to be

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t3607-cigar-draft-ii.html

Don't make it so complicated...... this is supposed to be fun

Thanks for the link, Tommy. It will be fun. I command it! :sign:

But seriously, once this gets rolling, I'm sure we'll all get into it.

Wilkey

I've been staring at the clock for the last 10 minutes....... what a wasted day. I can't wait!! I don't think I will be able to do another one of these or I will be on unemployment :laugh:

Okay, for the first pick of the alpha cigar pass and my first pick I choose the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Belicoso.

Burnt Tongue,

Wilks said he may be in a meeting. I think we can officially say:

Without further adieu, the first pick in the Cigar Draft 2006 is (drum roll)...........................

Wilkey is in fact in a meeting so as per his request I am officially kicking this off ( well BurnTongue actually did :whistling: ) so let's have those picks gentelemen :thumbs:

For my first pick, slot #2, I choose the Montecristo No.2 (H)

Edited for proper format, pick was not altered.

I'm down with the Davidoff Robusto, baby!! On to #4....

Paging Mr. Boogs, Paging Mr Boogs! Looks like we're done for awhile as Boogs is not currently signed on.

However, I see that Wilkey is now here!!!

boggs wants the ERDM CH

and ill take the vsg.

that should be pick #4 and #5.

Ok picks # 4 and # 5 are in and confirmed -- Thanks Marcsheldon

Krautle87 you are up :whistling:

Thanks gentlemen, ALPHA is off to a good start. Dan, thanks for keeping an eye on this. I have updated the opening post to reflect picks up to overall pick #5.

Wilkey

And just rushing through the door from work, Krautle picks...

Monte #2 ISOM