• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cigars smell

nascarfan

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid topic, but I'd like to know if this happens to anybody else. When I smoke a cigar, it smells completely different from when somebody else smokes that exact same type of cigar.

When you are smoking the cigar you are experiencing flavor (a combination of smell and taste) while when someone else is smoking you only get the smell.

Smell and taste are very tightly linked...that is why things taste funny when you are stuffed up with a cold...

As stupid as it sounds I never even thought about that. It use to bother me that cigars smelled so much better when someone else smoked them. I kind of chalked up to the fact that my cigar tase buds never matured very well.

I used to think the same as you but that was when I never used to let the smoke pass through the nose a bit. If you smoke and close off your throat and don't let any pass through the nose to get some aroma, there is no way it will smell the same because you are intentionally closing off your nose. Hope that makes sense. Keep trying.

:rolleyes: You could try holding your nose closed with your free hand (use your thumb and forefinger) while you are smoking! Nahh...Just kiddin ;)

:rolleyes: You could try holding your nose closed with your free hand (use your thumb and forefinger) while you are smoking! Nahh...Just kiddin ;)

That would make for an interesting herf. How would we hold our drinks?

That would make for an interesting herf. How would we hold our drinks?

beerhelmet-chris.jpg