• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Commemorative Smokes for the 50th Anniversary of the Cuban Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a pretty dumb guy and this "politics" stuff is a bit over my head, but it sure seems to me like this thread is violating one of the key rules of this board. Karl why don't you leave this thread alone now and post another review, I enjoyed your last one and it didn't confuse me as much as all this fancy political speak going on in here.

Agreed. Why don't I just start up an introductory thread for myself to help get things moving in that direction? I'm deeply sorry, once again. I accept full responsibility for bringing us all so unpleasantly here, so please, allow me to make amends.

Okay I read through this whole thread KM, you had your fun! Now if you want to stay here, keep away from the political intercourse. Now if you do in fact enjoy a habano or two good for you. Review a favorite or two for us so we will know what we are missing. If you prefer a Sandanista Nicaraguan blended cigar that is cool too as they are very tasty.

So don't start anymore threads that are just veiled trolling material and you'll be fine. We all can't have cool handles like KM, but we try. ;)

Well, you know, I found this place because I had a really nice Habano; a Partagas Petit Bouquet, and it was so good, I wanted to locate more, and when I googled it, a couple pages later, I found a CP thread asking about it. I had written a review on cigars-review.org the same day, so I thought it would help the user asking about it to post my review, and thus I started an account and posted it. If you'll look at my CP history, you'll find the overwhelming majority of it is honest CP-worthy material!

Now, I will admit that I've made a huge blunder in starting this thread, but believe you me, it wasn't as much fun as a discussion of Habanos would've been! To be honest, this thread brought me nothing but grief! But I really honestly just wanted to know if anyone was considering having a Habano on the Day of the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Cuban Revolution, a day which has so profoundly impacted our relationship with the Habano, in spite of what we might think, as I will be. I knew full-well when I started the thread that I would likely infuriate many on here, and if I'd known that the answer to my question would ultimately be a resounding "NO!" I wouldn't've even gone there. I was hoping that maybe a few would've been planning to smoke a Habano or two, as I am, and would want to discuss their designated smokes for the event, but alas, I was dead-wrong. I do apologize for appearing to be a troll, or inadvertently trolling in any way, shape or form. I promise, this shan't happen again!

:laugh: Yeah, Karlos Marxos is pretty clever, huh? I was hoping some might appreciate in it some comedic value! If you look closely, you'll notice that my avatar is based on your typical cigar box label/seal. When I found it several months ago, the name Karlos Marxos just formed in my mind somehow, and it just stuck with me. Go figger. No, we can't all be so lucky as to stumble upon that one handle! :p

Ding, fries are done!

I can't stand kids. I really can't stand idealist kids who take philosophy courses as electives. This guy is getting way too much attention.

Doc.

I'd say the best thing you can do, if you really do want to stick around, is let this thread die... (don't post in it anymore regardless of who writes what) and prove your good intentions by... (gasp) talking cigars sans politics. It's as simple as that.
For chrissakes, man. Stop. posting. Hands and fingers away from the keyboard. Take Wurm's advice and go smoke a cigar. Come back in a few days and try again (sans the scritti politici, please).

You are in a bad place and if you truly want to join this cigar-based social community, then shut down a lobe, chill out on the political stuff, and stop explaining yourself. At this point, this thread has become an object lesson for others who might tread this path.

Wilkey

I'd say the best thing you can do, if you really do want to stick around, is let this thread die... (don't post in it anymore regardless of who writes what) and prove your good intentions by... (gasp) talking cigars sans politics. It's as simple as that.
For chrissakes, man. Stop. posting. Hands and fingers away from the keyboard. Take Wurm's advice and go smoke a cigar. Come back in a few days and try again (sans the scritti politici, please).

You are in a bad place and if you truly want to join this cigar-based social community, then shut down a lobe, chill out on the political stuff, and stop explaining yourself. At this point, this thread has become an object lesson for others who might tread this path.

Wilkey

I can't believe you wish to continue. Holy crap. In the old days it would be just bite your tongue, but perhaps it should be rephrased as take a hammer to your fingers. And now I'm going to call bullshit! Don't make it worse by lying.

PS

Catedrático/a de XXXXXX trans. Professor of XXXXXX

Cello on or cello off?

Yes stop posting, you have managed to upset one of the most laid back members here (Wilkey). Stay away for a few days like he said, stop pouring fuel on the fire and acting like a troll. As far as I am concerned you have gone way too far already, as a Veteran, I just can't see how or why someone that lives in this country and is an American Citizen could talk about communism and admit that he/she is a communist. It takes a lot to offend me but this is very offensive to me and by keeping it up and letting this go on just totally pisses me off.

When you talk to a person like you are to me right now, you're not only taking freedom for granted, you're stepping on the very notion of freedom; you're using your civil liberties to antagonize and intimidate me: i.e., you're infringing upon my liberty. And when you use your freedom to infringe upon the freedom of others, you only serve to bankrupt the concept of liberty. I have just as much of a right to be here as you do, and I will continue to be a member of this community if I so choose to accept and honor the responsibilities that come with it. [/font][/size]

I will continue reading this thread after responding to this quote. I don't know if anyone addressed this yet but I will.

You have the rights and freedoms granted to you by the Constitution on public property and in the privacy of your own home. None of us have any RIGHT to be here on CP. Rod lets us hang out here on HIS web site. Your freedoms were checked at the door when you agreed to his TOS.

Jeff

*grammatical edit*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back