• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Connies

Rod said:
Doesn't seem that Connies are talked about much anymore as they used to be. What do you think?

What's your favorite Connie? I'm thinking about placing an order.
[snapback]286921[/snapback]​

Better place that order quick...Thanks to this thread, JR might run out of ALL of them beauties. :D

Mrepp said:
Connies are CONSUEGRA, unfortunently the link provided only leads to the area of JR to choose the type of cigar. I've never had one myself but I've herd good things.
[snapback]287083[/snapback]​

Gracias to you and Qualls - useful information both.

Here is the Connie conversion chart I have. It's rather old, and I'm quite sure it's not complete.
Some numbers may not match, others may be discontinued, etc.
So please don't take it as gospel. Perhaps someone else has an updated chart?

No. Size

Premium
#1 6 ½ x 42 Ultimates Cetro, Punch Oxford Deluxe
#2 4 ¹/5 x 28 Ultimates Habanella, Punch Slim Panatella
#3 5 ½ x 43 BF Corona, Hoya de Monterrey Tubo, Belinda Spanish Twist
#5 5 ½ x 37 Ultimates Petit Cetro, El Rey Del Mundo Tino, Excalibur VI
#8 5 ½ x 28 El Rey Del Mundo Elegantes
#9 4 ½ x 50 Punch / Hoya de Monterrey / Ultimates Rothschild
#10 5 x 41 Punch London club, Hoya de Monterrey Sabrosos
#14 7 ¼ x 54 Bolivar Fuertes 754, Ultimates 1, Ultimates Cab 60, El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Suprema, Hoya de Monterrey Sultans, Punch Chateau L
#15 6 ¼ x 54

Excalibur II, Hoya de Monterrey Churchill
#16 6 x 48 Punch Pita
#17 5 ½ x 47 Hoya de Monterrey Café Royale, Punch Grand Cru Superior
#18 7 ¼ x 46 Belinda 1835, Punch After Dinner
#25 6 ¾ x 48 Flor De A. Allones Prominente, Bolivar Fuertes / Ultimates / Hoya de Monterrey / Punch Double Corona, Excalibur Banquet, Punch Grand Cru Monarcha
#26 5 ½ x 42 ?
#28 8 ½ x 52 Ultimates / Hoya de Monterrey / Punch Presidente, Excalibur Emperor, El Rey Del Mundo Coronation, Punch Grand Cru Prince Consort
#29 6 x 41 ?
#30 5 ¼ x 50 Ultimates Cab 20, Excalibur Epicure, Punch Corona Gorda Deluxe, Punch Grand Cru Robusto
#68 5 x 37 Flor De A. Allones Especiale 5, Bolivar Fuertes Palmita, El Rey Del Mundo Reynita
#70 5 ½ x 44 El Rey Del Mundo Corona, Hoya de Monterrey Super Hoyo, Punch Café Royales, Punch Royal Coronation
#72 5 x 54 Bolivar Fuertes 554, Ultimates Cab 40, El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Zavalla, El Rey Del Mundo Robusto
#73 6 x 54 Flor De A. Allones Regordo, Bolivar Fuertes 654, Ultimates Cab 50, El Rey Del Mundo Reserva Salado
#73M 6 x 54 Ultimates Principale, El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
#84T 6 x 54 El Rey Del Mundo Flor de Llaneza, Punch Grand Cru No. 2
#84B 6 x 50 Flor De A. Allones / Ultimates, Bolivar Fuertes Belicoso
#108 6 ½ x 46 Ultimates Cab 10

I just got a bundle of the Corona size (can't remember the model number) last week. Can't beat the price on these

Thanks Rod and everyone! I went to JR and ordered bundles of #9 and #442 (on Jr's chart, a 5" mild).

Agreed...Ordered a bundle of the #9 Maduros and #574 Maduros. $37 for 50 smokes...can't beat that!

You Guys talked me into it!!!! dam more $$$$$$$ But that is a great price going to check it out. Thanks

Connies used to be a safe bet. You were getting seconds of Punch, HdMs, ERDMs or JRUltimates. Most of the "secondness" was due to wrapper color variations. The conversion chart (thanks to Texas Wahoo) was pretty accurate up until about two years ago (when General bought out Villazon?). Lew said then that they would be eliminating a lot of the Connie listings (since a lot of them were always OOS?) and combining them into a more manageable list. The new size listings would only be a guide ie: if it said 51/2X50 you could get anywheres from 51/4 to 53/4 and on ring from 48 to 52. Since Villazon would now be rolling for General too any of their cigars could be in the mix along with any contract rolled cigars. NOw it's more of a crap shoot.

These are considered "seconds" and do not take up space in the aging rooms, ergo 3-6 months in the cooler helps them considerably.

Too bad we don't get a kick back from JR. :sign:

Anyone smoked the #28 (8 1/2" , 52)? I like big cigars, but from what I am reading the #9 robusto is the way to go. Maduro a must too?

If you have the space, put them in the bottom of the coolerdor and forget them for a couple of years. :love: No experience with the new ones, but the ones I have that are 3+ years old are very nice. :thumbs: Oh, they are 73M's.

I just got some #9 maduros on Monday and grabbed one of them by accident on my way out the door this morning. By the time I pulled it out to smoke it this afternoon it was to late to go home and swap it out for the padron I ment to take. I went ahead and smoked it, and while it was a tad rough towards then end, it was suprisingly good with a good full flavor. While I probably got lucky today, I can only imagine how good the rest of them will be once they have had a couple months to rest, or at least dry out.

I'm a fan of the Connie #9 Maduro. I always have 2-3 bundles on hand aging in their own humi. Hard to beat for an every day/any time smoke!