• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP’s Cigars 201-2 Pass

They are worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for them.

Yes, and no. Cigars have an assigned MSRP, and that is what is used for passes, regardless of the age. I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second. Let's say you purchased some Gurkha Titans for $8 a stick, 4 years ago. Now, I wouldn't pay you a nickel for them, nor would most people, so does that make their "worth" $0? For pass purposes they are worth $8. No mark up, no mark down.

In the free marketplace some cigars may increase significantly in value, as they probably should. Some do not. However for the purposes of passes here on CP, I think the same rules apply as they do for sells/box splits/etc. The price you paid, is the price you can sell them/trade them for. If you have an $8 cigar that you feel is worth $15 because of age, rarity, quality, etc. you're best off hanging on to it, unless you just want to be generous and put it in a pass for others to enjoy.

As with all things related to a pass, the final decision is that of the pass host as long as he isn't pull any funny shenanigans.

I dunno about that last part, age and rarity definitely factor into pass trades. Would you really expect an or anejo or vsg round to be valued at original cost of 7 bucks? Or a padron millennium at around 25? Hell how about a dunhill estupendo at 6 a stick?

The pass arrived today in great shape. Thanks Ben. I will need clarification on the San Cristobal I thought it was an ISOM. I may be able to tell when I pull it out. I will update shortly as well as add to my puts.

See post #283 the San Cristobal was put in for a Bolivar Belicosa Fino so we are good there.

PJ

I haven't found my notes from last night but I am thinking about the following;

T: LFD Solomon $21.89
P: Casa Fuente Lancero My cost from CF $22

Edit to add post # and p/t's. I will edit again as soon as i check pricing.

The pass arrived today in great shape. Thanks Ben. I will need clarification on the San Cristobal I thought it was an ISOM. I may be able to tell when I pull it out. I will update shortly as well as add to my puts.

PJ

Being a lancero, I'm pretty sure it's a non-cuban as I don't believe they make a Cuban SC lancero.

PJ

Being a lancero, I'm pretty sure it's a non-cuban as I don't believe they make a Cuban SC lancero.

I swear I found it in the Cuban comparison shopper. I could be wrong though.

PJ

Nope I think I assumed ( yes i know what that means ;)) It was El morrito based solely on the length.

Since the San Cristobal has no size listed only names would this cigar be a Monumento 7 1/4 X 49 ??/

San Cristobal lancero is a NC. It was released in a 10ct. sampler alongside the La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial lancero. Both are Pepin-rolled for Ashton, I believe. And tasty!!! :D

That should help ya find yer price.. :thumbs:

San Cristobal lancero is a NC. It was released in a 10ct. sampler alongside the La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial lancero. Both are Pepin-rolled for Ashton, I believe. And tasty!!! :D

Didn't you trade for a BBF though in your take? Or do I not know what BBF means?

No sarcasm here!

PJ

Didn't you trade for a BBF though in your take? Or do I not know what BBF means?

No sarcasm here!

PJ

I believe the BBF and San Cristobal were both extra puts...haven't looked back to be 100% sure though. Assuming. :D

This is headed my way so here is my attempt at Puts/takes

T: #42 Davidoff Puro D'Oro $14.72
P: #78 Padron 1964 Torpedo $15.70

T: #43 Cohiba Lancero 2001 $14.32 I took this but I cant tell if this was the cigar broken in the photo? It looks to be ok save a little wrapper damage and a foot split
P: #79 Romeo Y Julieta RE Duke 2009 $14.00

T: #65 San Cristobal Lancero $8.10
P: #80 Illusione 42/G $8.00

T: #15 Opus Petite Lancero $11.00 This was taken by Phatcat
P: Opus X Robusto 2005 $12.00

T: #57 SLR Pacifico RE Asia $14.00
P: #81 RA Celestial Fino $14.00

PJ

Edit to update P/T's

If some one could tell me about the Cohiba Lancero we can call this done, or I will switch it out!

Any thoughts on the Casa Fuente CG? What would be considered a comparable cigar to trade for it? I'm glad Greg tossed this one in the mix. I'm curious to see if anyone has something to trade for it as the pass moves along.

BR
Did this ever get answered?

Any thoughts on the Casa Fuente CG? What would be considered a comparable cigar to trade for it? I'm glad Greg tossed this one in the mix. I'm curious to see if anyone has something to trade for it as the pass moves along.

BR

Hi Gavin,

Not really, however, I haven't searched very thoroughly the completed passes. My personal thought is that the Casa Fuente smokes are regular production sticks but somewhat difficult to obtain. I really can't think of another cigar like them. There's only one shop in the country where you can buy them?

BR

Hi Gavin,

Not really, however, I haven't searched very thoroughly the completed passes. My personal thought is that the Casa Fuente smokes are regular production sticks but somewhat difficult to obtain. I really can't think of another cigar like them. There's only one shop in the country where you can buy them?

Off the top of my head, a Tat Verite comes to mind as a stick that may work.

This is headed my way so here is my attempt at Puts/takes

T: #42 Davidoff Puro D'Oro $14.72
P: #78 Padron 1964 Torpedo $15.70

T: #43 Cohiba Lancero 2001 $14.32 I took this but I cant tell if this was the cigar broken in the photo? It looks to be ok save a little wrapper damage and a foot split
P: #79 Romeo Y Julieta RE Duke 2009 $14.00

T: #65 San Cristobal Lancero $8.10
P: #80 Illusione 42/G $8.00

T: #15 Opus Petite Lancero $11.00 This was taken by Phatcat
P: Opus X Robusto 2005 $12.00

T: #57 SLR Pacifico RE Asia $14.00
P: #81 RA Celestial Fino $14.00

PJ

Edit to update P/T's

If some one could tell me about the Cohiba Lancero we can call this done, or I will switch it out!

Gary (Ironpeddler) took a picture and posted it where the lancero was broken in the middle. You may want to take it out the baggie and give it a close look if you haven't already. From the pic I saw, it was pretty much a loss unless it was repaired with another piece of wrapper and pectin. Would probably be worth it. :)

When the pass was here, the CoLa was definitely busted in the middle. It was hard to tell at first... Maybe it's been replaced?

Maybe you need bifocals!

So I checked the #43 CoLa and it is indeed the broken stick. I am not one for repairs so I propose the following addendum to my P/T's. I have Marked the list with the broken stick.

Take #41 LGC Gloriosa RE UK $14.00
Put #79 Romeo Y Julieta RE Duke 2009 $14.00

If these are acceptable I will get this to Gavin tomorrow!

Thanks Greg for allowing me to play.

PJ

So I checked the #43 CoLa and it is indeed the broken stick. I am not one for repairs so I propose the following addendum to my P/T's. I have Marked the list with the broken stick.

PJ

Look good to me PJ!

When the pass was here, the CoLa was definitely busted in the middle. It was hard to tell at first... Maybe it's been replaced?

Maybe you need bifocals!
Hey...it was my bifocals that picked that up the first time you little sh*t! ;)

As my Mother always said to her kids..."Some day you'll be my age...and I hope I live long enough to see it!" While I never understood the technical side of that statement, I did get the jist of it.

That cigar was hammered when I saw it last...about the only thing you could do with it is turn it into a robusto!

PJ

I'm unsure on this one. Gloriosos are quite a bit harder to find now and they generally average at about $25-30 a stick. At the time of release they were about $14 a stick. I know the comparison shopper doesn't have REs or ELs listed so are we going off of FMV (fair market value)? Just throwing that out there.

Maybe you need bifocals!
Hey...it was my bifocals that picked that up the first time you little sh*t! ;)
As my Mother always said to her kids..."Some day you'll be my age...and I hope I live long enough to see it!" While I never understood the technical side of that statement, I did get the jist of it.

That cigar was hammered when I saw it last...about the only thing you could do with it is turn it into a robusto!
Blind hog......acorn...... ;)

PJ

I'm unsure on this one. Gloriosos are quite a bit harder to find now and they generally average at about $25-30 a stick. At the time of release they were about $14 a stick. I know the comparison shopper doesn't have REs or ELs listed so are we going off of FMV (fair market value)? Just throwing that out there.

The shopper does have some EL, but not RE. PJ, how'd you come up with the pricing for these?

While Brian readies the box for shipping to me, I thought I'd post my proposed puts & takes for comments:

Take HU Coronas Minor - used an average online price of $4.01
Put 08 Party Short - price I paid was $4.05

Take Johnny-O! Short - used price of $3.40 from recent sale he did on CP
Put 07 HdM Coronations A/T - paid $3.60

Take Boli Bonita - used an average online price of $5.15
Put 02 LGC MdO #4 - paid $5.10

Take Sir Winnie - used an average online price of $13.12
Put LGC Glorioso RE UK - paid $13.45

What do you guys think?
Since we accepted this price on the put, it seems like we should accept it for the take. Otherwise it was a huge over-put. Would an RyJ Duke be a fair trade for a Sir Winnie?

While Brian readies the box for shipping to me, I thought I'd post my proposed puts & takes for comments:

Take HU Coronas Minor - used an average online price of $4.01
Put 08 Party Short - price I paid was $4.05

Take Johnny-O! Short - used price of $3.40 from recent sale he did on CP
Put 07 HdM Coronations A/T - paid $3.60

Take Boli Bonita - used an average online price of $5.15
Put 02 LGC MdO #4 - paid $5.10

Take Sir Winnie - used an average online price of $13.12
Put LGC Glorioso RE UK - paid $13.45

What do you guys think?
Since we accepted this price on the put, it seems like we should accept it for the take. Otherwise it was a huge over-put. Would an RyJ Duke be a fair trade for a Sir Winnie?

Inspite of the 'paid' pricing....this was an over-put in its finest form!

:thumbs: