• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Anglers

Do you fish?

• Yes, fresh water only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, salt water only.

• Yes, brackish water only.

• Yes, both fresh and salt.

• No.

• Total voters

blair

What kind of fish do you primarily fish for? What's your favorite lure type. I'm a big angler myself and I'd be interested to find out who else is.

fish tremble at the mention of my name.
primarily i use hand tied hair jigs, rattletraps, and kalin's
grubs, and the obligatory spinners, of course.
primarily a bass fisherman, but you'd be surprised
what will bite a hair jig(carp, crappie, catfish, drum, sandies)
even had a channel cat hit a rattle trap once.
i was burning it across a spawning bed w/a 6.2:1 reel
and WHAM!! never knew they were so aggressive.

todd

I love taking the kids fishing. I have only been able to take the boat out once this year though. :(

Only thing bad about taking the kids is I always get "out-fished" They always catch more than I do. :p

I used to love to fish. My grandpa used to take me out a lot when I was a kid but I haven't fished for years. I'm seriously thinking of getting back into it though as herfing and fishing seem to be a perfect combination.

connies make the best fishing gars, according to my
brother. he said you can keep it clenched in your teeth
and it won't come apart. me personally, i'm too intense :angry:
when i bass fish to enjoy a cigar. i fish more like a
tournament fisherman. i cover the water in one target
area as quickly as possible, then leap up, pull out the
trolling motor, then floor it to the next spot, leap to the
deck, drop the trolling motor, then cover that area. my
object is to catch as many fish as possible in a day. it sounds
hectic, but it's loads of fun to me!

a consuegra. it's an off brand that actually taste
pretty damn good! kinda reminds me of hdm.
they're available from jr for about $30 a box of 25
so they won't break the bank! ;)

i just looked and there is a good reason they remind me
of hdm. they are bundled segundos and production overruns
at villazon factory that makes hdm :p

Oh cool, I'm getting some in a split I did with MideDevilsFan. Thanks Todd.

Livin' down here in Florida, I get to fish anytime I want too. I love to do both, fresh and salt water fish. Salt water fishin' is my favorite though, nothin' like catchin' a nice big flownder and bringin' that baby home for dinner. :p :thumbs: :D

Growing up on Long Island I got to do quite a bit of salt water fishin'. I try and go back for the major tournaments when I can. Now, when my health lets me, I like to fly fish in Northern New Mexico and Colorado... Gold metal waters!! :thumbs:

Joe, I gotta know... how is it, you grew up in Long Island, cheer for UM, and live in NM? This has gotta be a loooong story :)

Horse said:
Joe, I gotta know... how is it, you grew up in Long Island, cheer for UM, and live in NM? This has gotta be a loooong story :)
Freakin' witness protection program screwed me! :p

Been a UM fan since I was a youngster, My uncle went to school there and My dad and I used to go visit "only during football season," We would got to a game every time!!

Moved to NM because New York is way to expensive to live!! Property tax was $8000.00 A year! My house 3000 sq. ft just under a half million! :0 Out hear the same thing $175000. and property tax $900.00. That and my wife was offered a Directors position at the largest hospital in NM.

A fishing thread.........it's one of my favorite things to do!

Since I've lived in Florida since I was five (born in Montana) I get to fish a lot. I almost always fish saltwater although I would go freshwater in times of desperation (When I went to school at UF freshwater was all we had). Now that I live in Miami I try to rip some lips down in the Keys five or six times a year. I try to go fishing at least a couple times a month and usually go wading in the flats of West Palm. We find that the inexpensive soft plastic jigs do the job for Snook, Trout and Jack. Of course the best way to go is large live shrimp (when they're in season) and small pin fish during a tide change.

If anyone is looking for info on South Florida fishing I have just as many fishing sites bookmarked as I do cigar sites.

Gator

I live in Missouri so it's fresh water. Carolina rigged grubs if I get to the ozarks.
Otherwise one rod gets a minnow or worm while the other gets the tacklebox.

sibernation said:
next poll ,salt or fresh?
I have both options up there, Sibernation. Right?.

Nobody voted for brackish. Perhaps because I made it brackish only. I used to do extensive fishing on the Potomac river near the bay and so the bay provided some salt. I'd fish for bluefish, stripped bass, spot, croaker, crab (ok so that's not a fish). Every now and then a Spanish mackerel would come in. Lots of great flounder. Porpoise would come in ever now and then and they'd be fun to watch. My brother and I also used to bow-fish for the skates. We'd ride up on them in our Boston Whaler.

I still fish there every now and then, but I primarily fish freshwater since it is convenient. :thumbs:

Sad, but true... I haven't been fishing in 20 years. I grew up fishing just about every day though, rain or shine, all over Puget Sound (WA State). Loved it. Miss it.

Sam