• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Anglers

Do you fish?

• Yes, fresh water only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, salt water only.

• Yes, brackish water only.

• Yes, both fresh and salt.

• No.

• Total voters
I fish all over the south east, florida georgia south carolina, alabama, for whatever is biting.I have fished all over the united states(my dad was in the air force) it is my pastime.My dream trip right now is a trip to alaska to catch some barn door halibut.So far I have caught just about every species of fish in the USA that is edible, I havent caught fish like bonefish, tarpon and the like because they arent freezer fish so to speak.My best memories are fishing trips with my dad.

got into cigars becuase of fishing. keeps the bugs away. now i am sorry to say that some of the cigars i smoke cost more than the lures i used:(

kidding aside, cigar and fishing are the best combination. :)

I am a pretty serious angler have fished around the world.My job is also tied into fishing and i manage 11 lakes and 3 streams for the army. I have caught shark in Florida off of crabby Joe's pier in daytona beach shores and tarpon as big as me in Puerto Rico behind the Bacardi factory in old San Juan. I have caught most freshwater species. i have also take European catfish up to 220 pounds by hand during lake maintenance. I dont have a favorite bait whatever works but mostly natural bait my friends accuse me of being a fish encyclopedia. I also teach the mandatory 20 hr fishing class for a german license.

I fish quite a bit. Living up here there are literally thousands of lakes to chose from and we get to fish on the hard water for a good part of the year as well.

Usually look for smallies, but walleye, northern pike, panfish, or largemouth are always fun. We mostly catch perch through the ice with the occassional walleye or northern thrown in. There's good crappie fishing around here, but I usually don't go after them.

bigmac said:
My best memories are fishing trips with my dad.
[snapback]281477[/snapback]​

For me it was Grandpa. I sure miss those times. Just he and I sitting on a river bank somewhere talking and fishing. :(

Nowadays, I have a hard time getting out, but my daughter and I have gone a few time in the past few summers. Poor kid can't seem to catch her first fish, but we're workin on it!

Here its 90% river fishing, at least for me. I'm not happy unless I am waist high in a river fishing for the perfect Rainbow. Course that becomes rather difficult now that I am playing Dad and having to bait hooks for 2 and make sure the current isn't too swift or little one isn't past her ankles. It's good times though and I wouldn't miss them for the world!

blair said:
What kind of fish do you primarily fish for? What's your favorite lure type. I'm a big angler myself and I'd be interested to find out who else is.
[snapback]50779[/snapback]​
I fish for these using plastic and steel. :)
s1010002.jpg

I am going for the 1st time on the Niagara River this weekend - fishing for steelhead - whatever that is - planning on taking plenty to drink - plenty of good smokes - maybe do some gambling in Niagara Falls - and if I catch any fish, that will be a bonus :laugh: -

wow... old thread revival... 2003 to 2005- new record? :laugh:

As for me... I live in Alaska - need I say more? ;)

Ok... HELL YES I FISH! river, ocean, lakes... anything I can throw a lure into with the slightest possiblity of catching a fish...

Fishing... Boy do I love fishing!

Some of my earliest memories are fishing related.
I remember chucking a casting plug in the back yard when I was about 5 or 6 with my dad. (he had lots of patience!)
My grandfather had a farm pond that was/is a great place to fish, bass crappie, bluegill, cats. I have never been skunked in that pond. The largest bass I ever caught was there, 6.75lbs. I had it mounted and it hangs proudly in my office.
When I was about 16 or 17 I spent a week with my grandparents. One day Grandpa asked it I would like to go to the river and try for some cats. "Sure!" says I.
At that age I had long hair. Grandpa gave me the business about how "we have redneck fish up here, they won't bite on any hippies' hook". Guess who caught the only fish that day :) I rubbed it in as far as I felt safe!
The last few years I have made it a point to take my father and my son on a fishing trip. Been great times. Nothing like catching fish, telling stories, relaxing and enjoying the time spent with your kid and old man.

I used to fish commercially in Washington and Alaska. I started out on a dragger in Puget Sound. After a month I decided draggers should be banned from fishing and started longlining out of Dutch Harbor Alaska. Brother, you just don’t know cold until you’ve fished the North Pacific in Jan!!! The following summer I was in Naknek, gillnet fishing for Sockeye, otherwise known as combat fishing. Those idiots ram and shoot at each other. :0

Finally, I ended up back in Puget Sound driving skiff on a Purse Seiner for Sockeye, Silvers, Humpies, and Dogs (for all you land lubbers, those are all Salmon). Then between seasons I would dive for Scallops, Sea Urchins, and Sea Cucumbers.

Anyway, long story short, I’m really not very skilled with a string and a stick but you put a quarter mile of net behind me and I’ll catch you some fish!!! :whistling:

I'm mostly a trout bum...sitting in my float tube, waving my flimsy stick in the air. I go after salmon once in a while and occasionally, halibut too.

freshwater... largemouth, smallies, pickeral, panfish (perch),the occasional Chinook salmon, and of course, Muskellunge! :thumbs:

<.>>>>>}}>>>>>>>>>

PetersCreek said:
I'm mostly a trout bum...sitting in my float tube, waving my flimsy stick in the air. I go after salmon once in a while and occasionally, halibut too.
[snapback]281708[/snapback]​

Homer-01-june.gif
...mmmm, Halibut...

I've caught trout in GA, large mouth in FL, Halibut in Alaska, Yellowtail in the FL Keys, and Mahi off Cuba. I am not avid, just opportunistic.