• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cure for hot spicy food

I work with a lot of Mexicans and they keep a jar with radishes in cold water. They say it helps keep the heat down after eating something spicy.

As for the ring of fire, my roomate used to pour a beer down his back to cool the hole. Personally I never tryed it but I guess its better than nothing!!??

For the 'ring of fire' pre-BM slather the ring area with vaseline or Preperation H.
You have to have the forethought to do this though!

I love spicy food but it kills my cigar pallet.
So it's one or the other for me.

-Rob

I LOVE spicy food, and can eat some pretty damn hot stuff, but like the rest of you its the effects on your stomach and ass later that suck the most.

Rinse several times with the warmest water you can stand. It will open the pours in your mouth/tongue, thus flushing away the heat.

I've always found this will quickly cleanse the pallet.

jillian_beyor_07.jpg

Sugar bro. A heaped teaspoon will take the burn away.

Liquids can make the burn sensation worse as they lift the chili oils and allow them to move around your mouth.

Ditto, I've found both sugar or honey to be effective.

Same cure usually work when you get walloped by a cigar.

In case you missed it there was a new "world's hottest peper" found last year. The Dorset Naga a variation of the Bhut Jolokia clocks in at 1,598,227 SHU.

In case you missed it there was a new "world's hottest peper" found last year. The Dorset Naga a variation of the Bhut Jolokia clocks in at 1,598,227 SHU.

I did miss it.
Thanks mate I am now trying to get some seeds. :D

What do you use to stop the pain when you eat something too hot?

Yesterday I drank a couple Chimay magnums, smoked a nicely aged 1958 Preembargo Cuban Counterfiet and a AF Hemi Sig, and watched Mythbusters for a few hours. They did a bit about cures for hot food and they failed to even mention the one I consider the best.....orange juice.

The show was comical because Grant and Tory ate some hot shit and then tried different potential cures. Grant can't eat hot food and was suffering big time...............it was classic! They tried whole milk as the defacto standard and then compared these things against the milk:
Water
Beer
Tequila
Toothpaste
Wasabi paste
Vasoline (wrong end :laugh: )

But they didn't try OJ! The pleasure unit and I used to go to an authentic Southwestern restaurant and the owner convinced me that OJ was the best cure. Apparently the acid in citrus reduces the burn from the infamous scoville unit burn!

What do you use?

Not just the acid in the OJ but the sugar...a spoonfull of sugar will also eliminate the heat from one end but not the other! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I want to see how fast she can run with some Dorset whatzit juice below the waist!

added: AND lock up your guns and knives first.