• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Chateau Lafite

Diselfitter

Davidoff Chateau Lafite

Reviewed: 7/16/2006

Length: 4.5 inches

Ring gauge: 40

Vitola: Corona

Origin: Cuba

Box Code: unknown / Year 1985

This is a beautiful cigar that was gifted to me.
A hand made masterpiece, ring gauge is 40, and length is 4-1/2 inches.

On the appearance the wrapper was silky smooth, no veins or rough areas a slight oily sheen to the cigar, with a well formed triple cap. It was clear that this cigar was well cared for.

The very top of the cap was carefully scored just through the wrapper, and flipped off (Cut n Flip method).

Pre-light draw is just a slightly loose. Or should I say easy.

On the light and first third, the cigar gave ample amounts of rich smoke, immediately I get this very familiar Habanos sweet spicy taste, along with nuttiness flavor, on the tongue only a hint of peppery spice along with woody notes. Mixed in with all of this there was this complexity of these notes along with something I couldn’t Identify. The image that comes to my mind is a delicious cup of cappuccino, rich slightly sweet.
The second third the slight pepperiness had vanished and the flavors had smoothed out completely, leaving behind only the complexity of the cigar and the flavors I had mentioned above.
The finale third of this cigar was pretty much the same as the second third, with the exception of heating up because of drawing too frequently.
The Cigar burned razor sharp all the way, and only noticed a little tunneling towards the end, no relights, no draw problems, no need to correct any burn issues.
The smoke was this creamy, rich complex flavored cigar with a medium to mild strength.
The hardest part of reviewing this cigar is trying to describe the complex flavors, I can pick up the core flavors, but there was so much more, So to say it had some sweetness to it, or woodsy notes, and nuttiness to the cigar, doesn’t begin to describe the complexity of flavors. Leaving me with a loss for words other than, Wow!! This was simply a beautiful experience, one I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thank you very much for such a wonder gift and experience.

Deez

Nice review!
I am now drooling thank you very much!
Then I think... These cost HOW MUCH?
Talk about a cold shower...

-Rob

Nice review. Thanks for the feedback. If you enjoyed the Lafite, I'd suggest you give the Latour a try. The Latour is my favorite of the Chateau series.

:cool: :)

Nice review... these are nice smokes to find, if they've been kept in good condition.

Nice review!
I am now drooling thank you very much!
Then I think... These cost HOW MUCH?
Talk about a cold shower...

-Rob

You were reading about the cigar I hope and not the cards being handedo out on the strip in Vegas. Would be nice to try one someday. Will have to spend the cash now and save it for that special day. A big anniversary or a birth of a child, any extra's out there at a decent price, anyone?

Nice review, if you had any pictures of the experience that would be awesome to post, as I have never even seen one except in the MRN book.