• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Devil's Weed Back In Production

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
If anyone is interested, it seems these yard'gars are back in production again and at original price point. I ordered a bundle of the robustos from CI, so we'll see how they stack up to the second and third generation cigars from a few years ago. I've never had the opportunity to try the first release, so it's all I have to go off of. If anyone does or doesn't misremember, I kinda liked them for everyday burning. I'm really hoping that CI (or another site -- maybe Cigar Page) will put them on sale for $19.99 again.

I really liked the initial year or so. Lots of flavor, and easy on the nicotine.
Great morning cigar, but could be smoked anytime of day.
I think a lot of the bad press was based on folks hot boxing them.
If overheated, they turned acrid pretty easily.

The first CI venture was nasty. Something was wrong with the tobacco or storage. I got some a good bit later, and they were decent enough. Not the same, similar, but worth the low coin.

After the OR, they went down hill quickly. I'm interested in hearing how these smoke.

Abe Flores was the original Blender/Factory. Construction was great. Also wonder if he still makes them. From smoking the first ones, I knew he'd become pretty popular blender/maker.

Still have a box of the OR. Maybe a comparison accounting for age is in order.

Still have a box of the OR. Maybe a comparison accounting for age is in order.

I'll trade you a stick or three for comparison when mine come in. I've never had an OR from when they were in boxes -- only the bundles.

I purchased a few boxes back in the day. Inexpensive. Tasted good enough. They were easy to share with moochers who wanted a cigar from me when I was out playing gigs. "Oh, you've got cigars! Can I have one?"

The early ones were good, great cigar for when I was at work.
I'll be watching for a review of the new ones.

Apparently there has been some sort of system switch and their orders are way backed up. It showed them as shipped about two weeks ago, though, and I'm still waiting. The tracking keeps changing where they are at from moving forward to moving backwards...