• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Triunfador?

Schwiering

Reading more, posting less
I just got an email from my local shop about a new Pete Johnson cigar called El Triunfador.
Based on the email, it looks like customers will have to ask about the cigar to even have a chance to get it.
I did a search and nothing came up. Anyone know anything about this supposedly super limited cigar?

It's a very limited release, somewhere at or under 300 boxes. Pete recently got a hold of the name/trademark, it was an old cuban brand, so he's releasing a small batch so he can keep the name for later use.

It's a very limited release, somewhere at or under 300 boxes. Pete recently got a hold of the name/trademark, it was an old cuban brand, so he's releasing a small batch so he can keep the name for later use.

That seems to imply that the release of the cigars is only a trademark technicality. Was there any particular effort put into the production of these to try to establish their own flavor profile, or is the real El Triunfador still years away?

Think Cabaiguan Maduro :whistling:

Well, I would not think that Pete Johnson would put just any crap out in the market. He & Pepin most likely just had way too much going on to devote the time to producing thousands of initial release boxes. These are (like Azoetia stated) a lot like the Cabiaguan Maduros, in that they have mild Nicaraguan filler and binder base. Then they were finished off with a Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper. Quite a tasty stick. :love:

Pepin
That seems to imply that the release of the cigars is only a trademark technicality. Was there any particular effort put into the production of these to try to establish their own flavor profile, or is the real El Triunfador still years away?

If this cigar really existed and I knew where to get one, two or more I would tell you that they come in only ine size (lancero) and that they are fantastic.

But ... since they do not really exist ... I cannot tell you anything :whistling:

I will have an extra box if anyone wants 5er's, I will be keeping 10, the other 15 are up for grabs. PM me if you want a 5er. Price will be $48.85 shipped plus online payment fees.

The one that I had didn't draw so well and I got frustrated and didn't enjoy it. I think I will try another one so I can get a good opinion on the cigar.

The one that I had didn't draw so well and I got frustrated and didn't enjoy it. I think I will try another one so I can get a good opinion on the cigar.

Even though it was a limited smoke how was it, or was it to limited to even make a good statement on?

Even though it was a limited smoke how was it, or was it to limited to even make a good statement on?

I would say that it was too limited to get a statement on. Plus I was annoyed that it didn't draw well so I wasn't in the right mindset to get a true opinion of the cigar. On the other hand though, my father in law smoked one at the same time and his drew well and he really enjoyed it. You should give one a try as I have heard nothing but good things about it, I just got a tight one.

I would say that it was too limited to get a statement on. Plus I was annoyed that it didn't draw well so I wasn't in the right mindset to get a true opinion of the cigar. On the other hand though, my father in law smoked one at the same time and his drew well and he really enjoyed it. You should give one a try as I have heard nothing but good things about it, I just got a tight one.

I have a 5 pack coming. I know exactly what you mean when the draw is bad and there's really nothing to fix it. It does really ruin it for me too. I'm excited to give one of these a try.

Standing in line for hard to get sh*t is for the young and dumb. I gave it up after Cabage Patch dolls.

Doc.

Standing in line for hard to get sh*t is for the young and dumb. I gave it up after Cabage Patch dolls.

Doc.

And them only because of the close resemblence :D

Not to mention the fruit flies destroyed your shrunken apple head collection

The one I smoked yesterday was very enjoyable. The flavors were a bit "all over the place" but I think with a little time the rest of the box will be excellent.

It looks like I will have no trouble finding another one to try, I was digging through the father in law's humidor last night and discovered that he had a whole box of these.. :0

It looks like I will have no trouble finding another one to try, I was digging through the father in law's humidor last night and discovered that he had a whole box of these.. :0

Your lucky! My father in law is constantly digging around in my humidor. :(

I have a box and a half of these, but they shipped VERY wet so I'm letting them drop down to 65% before I touch them.

For those that didn't know, these are Cabiguan Maduro Lancero's.