• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

EMERGENCY BIERGARTEN PROBLEM!

What to do?

• Pay nothing go elsewhere (Churchill's?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pay 25 a head for 40 people (more people less money) for 1000 bucks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
....a huge area of astoria and surrounding areas are without power ....

Yeah! Is this Bavarian Beer Nazi without electricity today?
Is all his beer warm and flat and all his brats ending up the wurst for wear?
Dare I say it...?
He's a Sour Kraut! :sign:

i'd guess that their power is still out...my sons' is and he's about three blocks away......karma??....

All I can say is WOW!!!!, as if I was not already hooked. This was am amazing HERF with an even more amazing bunch of BOTL's. They reeled me in over the rail and scaled and gutted me... :rolleyes:

Great smoke, great place and awesome door prizes(lighters,hats,coffee beans,ashtrays,boxes of stogies, refined fluid,KEWL CD's..lol, and more). I was even lucky enough to win a nice RP torch with cutter and even the grand prize Cuban Crafter Humidor, she is a beauty and pictures will follow soon.

A very very special thanks to the sponsors and everyone who put this together! Especially Bigmacfu, in spite of living w/o power for the better part of a week, he was kind,gracious and made the whole thing a huge success. Me thinks he will be treading into a land mine field every time he heads home for quite some time over the next few months! he better get a sniffing dog to secure the perimeter for the time being! Good play Sean.

Edited: to add the RP lighter

Indeed, quite the HERF! Again Sean and Scott, thanks a whole lot for putting this together. It was a great time seeing all you guys again. Can't believe what the no-shows missed. :laugh:

BTW, did anyone accidentally get a goodie bag with some nice ISOM extras? I put some smokes CigarDan gave me in my bag and I can't seem to find the damn thing. ??? I have no idea? Called Churchills and they dont see anything. Anyway, just wondering... I was looking forward to that Monarch. :(

Steve

Sean, Scott and Charlie what a great job!

Great time with all, great group of guys and great smokes what a combination. We must do this again :thumbs:

Thanks to all the vendors that made contributions the goodie bags were outstanding!

Well another successful herf!

Thanks to all the sponsors for the great giveaways!

Special thanks to Lighters direct!
I won the Zippo Otterbox I had my eye on for a while!

It was nice meeting the new guys and seeing old friends.

Unfortunately, I had to give a grape White Owl to CgarDan.
That cigar was courtesy of our Moontrance loving Wilkey!

Hopefully we can do this again sometime soon!

-Rob

S/BOTL, I had a super time and it was great seeing my old friends and meeting all the new guys. A big thanks to LouieD for giving me a ride down there as the weather would have been a bit slick in the Jeep. Like everyone else already said, thanks to all the great sponsors and a big thumbs up to John Conroy from General Cigar. It was great to finally meet John and herf with him, a true New Yorker. All the door prizes were great, even the Country CDs that slider9499 ended up with. :D We have to do this agin soon, maybe a back yard herf or as John Conroy stated, we'll have to do it at Club Mac where all the cigars are on them........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Hey I LOVE Country music! :laugh:

What can I say? My first HERF and boy am I a happy guy this morning :) :) A box of Partagas, a Xikar lighter, coffee (yummy BTW), a few bags of super sticks, 2 hats and a VERY cool cigar shirt :cool: Plus we gave about $200 to very worthwhile charity :thumbs:

Oh yeah, my wife actually asked if she should switch from cigarettes to cigars :D My hobby has come full circle. Well. how could it not? Her first cigar was a [Cubana] El Ray del Mundo? My first stick was a Tiparillo :angry:

All seriousness, this was a truly great afternoon. Seeing an old buddy - yeah Steve and meeting some very, very cool new ones. A BIG thanks and thumbs up :thumbs: to Sean, Charlie and Scott for doing an absolutely great job under what turned out to be some stressful, last minute conditions. A big thanks to the sponsors and to John at General and let's not forget my man Chris Palmer of Churchills for coming through in the clutch and making our day a most memorable event. ;) Thanks Chris.

Hopefully we can do this again before the weather turns later in the year. I'd like to get an outdoor HERF at my house [in the backyard] with the pool, smoker, BBQ and some good sticks. I'll be in touch with Sean, Scott and Mike on some dates and we'll keep everyone in the loop with ideas, suggestions, etc. as things progress.

Again, hello from Jenn and myself to all our new friends.

Ben & Jenn

Another OUTSTANDING herf. Sean and Scott did a great job putting this together and then having to deal with the asshats at the Biergarten. The amusing part is that the Biergarten was part of the power outage in Queens; so, we were much better off going to Churchill's where we were received very graciously. Big thanks to Chris Palmer.

The goody bags were amazing and the vendor support that Sean and Scott got was a testament to the amount of work that they put into this event.

It was great to meet Tone-NY, Ben/Jen, Vince and the other regulars that were there.

Many thanks to Rob, Anthony, and Elliot for their extreme generousity. Elliot, that Punch was just unbelievable.

Still no CC sighting!!!! Maybe he doesn't want to meet me???

Guys, I'm sitting here leeching internet off my friend and just thinking how great yesterday was. You guys made the event great. I want to thank you all for coming out when it was not the most convenient for you compared to Astoria. As Louie said though, it was a blessing in disguise, the rain and lack of power yesterday would have made for a big conundrum if we all were going to the garden.

Everyone was waaaaaaaay to generous to me, I'd have to list everyone who came to give due, so I'll just reiterate, EVERYONE was waaaaaay to generous. You guys made the event a great time. It was good to see old and new faces. It was a pleasure to meet John Conroy who is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

The other sponsors gave an incredible amount and we thank them for their generosity.

Charlie was instrumental in advice and contact info for sponsors.

Scott worked his butt off getting the sponsorship stuff together and then bagging everything. Thank you so much, this herf would not have been the same without you. You definitely had the most difficult organizing roll. Scott will also be doing more work now that everything is over and he is contacting the sponsors and thanking them.

Chris Palmer and Maxwell and Dunne's Steakhouse/Churchill's were great to us as always. Thank you so much.

If you have pictures, we are going to upload them to my Flickr account because it is unlimited and the sponsors love to see the pictures. So, please pm me and I will send you my login and password so you can upload.

Finally, we raised 190 dollars for the Twin Tower Orphan Fund through a raffle sponsored by cigarsofhabanos. I want to thank Ravi for the donation and the guys for opening their wallets to the kids. The donation will be made tomorrow.

Once again, thanks to everybody who made this happen. Thank you Scott and Charlie for helping organize everything, the sponsors for the donations, and the BOTL's who came and made this thing great.

P.S. Frank, I hope your bike had some water wings yesterday and you made it to however far you got safely.

Whew, I needed to sleep off the herf damage! I had a blast meeting up with friends, old and new, and enjoying some fine cigars. A big thank you to Sean, Charlie and Scott for a well-organized event. Also, thank you to all the sponsors that furnished some great products--especially John, from General Cigar, who joined us. :thumbs: to Churchills for stepping up and providing the venue. And last, but not least, thanks to all those who attended. The generosity of the members in this community is truly remarkable. Can't wait till the next one!

I made the donation today over the website. I don't know how to check out the list of donors and my friend is leaving, so I have to get off his internet. When I figure it out, I'll let you all know. I put it in my name because I did it through my check card, but made sure to comment the money was raised by cigar enthusiasts from the Tri-State area. I wanted to mention what the raffle was for, but can't be too public about that.

I WILL NOT be using this as a tax deduction at the end of the year and did not put it in my name for that sake. I just didn't have another way with my check card.

Again, thanks so much to the guys who helped out (everyone who came). You guys rock!!!

Guys, I'm sitting here leeching internet off my friend and just thinking how great yesterday was. You guys made the event great. I want to thank you all for coming out when it was not the most convenient for you compared to Astoria. As Louie said though, it was a blessing in disguise, the rain and lack of power yesterday would have made for a big conundrum if we all were going to the garden.

Everyone was waaaaaaaay to generous to me, I'd have to list everyone who came to give due, so I'll just reiterate, EVERYONE was waaaaaay to generous. You guys made the event a great time. It was good to see old and new faces. It was a pleasure to meet John Conroy who is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

The other sponsors gave an incredible amount and we thank them for their generosity.

Charlie was instrumental in advice and contact info for sponsors.

Scott worked his butt off getting the sponsorship stuff together and then bagging everything. Thank you so much, this herf would not have been the same without you. You definitely had the most difficult organizing roll. Scott will also be doing more work now that everything is over and he is contacting the sponsors and thanking them.

Chris Palmer and Maxwell and Dunne's Steakhouse/Churchill's were great to us as always. Thank you so much.

If you have pictures, we are going to upload them to my Flickr account because it is unlimited and the sponsors love to see the pictures. So, please pm me and I will send you my login and password so you can upload.

Finally, we raised 190 dollars for the Twin Tower Orphan Fund through a raffle sponsored by cigarsofhabanos. I want to thank Ravi for the donation and the guys for opening their wallets to the kids. The donation will be made tomorrow.

Once again, thanks to everybody who made this happen. Thank you Scott and Charlie for helping organize everything, the sponsors for the donations, and the BOTL's who came and made this thing great.

P.S. Frank, I hope your bike had some water wings yesterday and you made it to however far you got safely.

Sean, It was my pleasure! It was particularly more difficult getting the donations sent as the companies were focusing on gearing-up for the RTDA but in the end, it was well worth it. We had great Goodie bags and a very nice selection of raffled prizes.

I also told Charlie to donate the leftover goodie bags to the troops which they should really appreciate :thumbs:

All in all it was a great time!

My first HERF -- WOW -- having a hard time coming up with words to describe it.

One thing is for sure: I am hooked for life.

I would like to thank all the people who organized the event, sponsored it, hosted it, but most important people who were there -- true BOTLs and I think one soon to be SOTL ;) Everyone was great and friendly welcoming this Newb into a new chapter in his life.

I really hope to see you guys again and hopefully some new faces as well.

Once again an awesome event !!!!!

Lets get those HERF pics up to look and the next one we fire up will be to remmeber the great time we all had on Sat. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Kudos to Sean and Scott for putting this together. Tremendous effort - thank you!

Good to catch up with Dave and Scott and to meet some new folks.

Always like this venue - been having some great herfs there since it was Palmers. Still a great burger.

Eager to see all at the next one ....

let me add my thanks to the generous sponsors. i got a zippo insert from lightersdirect and not to forget the prometheus butane from cigarmony. john from general cigar was not only a class act but funny as heck

sean and scott--kudos!

to the fellas, thanks for the generosity, fellowship and fun! :)

to vince---pace yourself dude ;)

Fabulous time on the island, met great brothers Jeff, Steve, Elliot my golfing guru. Everybody else I did not mention made it a wonderful afternoon. Couldn't think a of a nicer bunch of guys to spend time with. Thanks and KUDOS

alph