• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ever have a box of cigars that won't stay lit?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I bought these cigars three years ago and they wouldn't stay lit. They taste good (very strong maduro) the cigar is beautiful, the ash is beautiful , the draw is good, the taste is great. Three years in my humi and they still won't burn.

Some of my buddies love them but you really have to work to enjoy it.

Anyone ever see this?

What are they? THAT may be the problem...

They are Honduran Factory Corojos I have ordered hundreds of these in the natural wrapper and they are second to Consuegra for a $1 stick.

JR mistakenly sent me the maduros three years ago and I tried a couple and threw them to the back of the humi.

Other than a tight filler, which these aren't, what could cause this?

It appears you have angered the cigar gods. My recommendation is prayer and lots of alcohol.

Try keeping them at a lower RH, say 65% or 60% even.

Quade

They are Honduran Factory Corojos I have ordered hundreds of these in the natural wrapper and they are second to Consuegra for a $1 stick.

JR mistakenly sent me the maduros three years ago and I tried a couple and threw them to the back of the humi.

The same ones you're selling here?

The same ones you're selling here?

Yes, I took someone's suggestion and put them in a box with lower humidty and it seems to be working well. I had one Saturday and noticed an improvement in a just a day. As I said, some of my buddies love them the way they were I just considered it a lot of work for the reward.

I personally never light a whole box at once, so wouldn't know anything about them not staying lit.