• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Gin

For guys on a beer budget Seagrams makes a lime twist gin.

Pretty damn tastey in a gin and tonic. Used to go through this stuff by the half gallon.

Adding a shot of lime to a mixed drink was an old trick to mask the alcohol in an extra strong drink. :D

My neighbor is a Bombay fan and I always bring him back a bottle for looking after the house when we're on vacation.

Russell

I prefer Tanqueray Ten. The citrusy notes really appeal to me. I guess it's probably not a "traditional" gin as far as that goes, but I find it to be unique, refreshing and great for nosing.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
I prefer Tanqueray Ten. The citrusy notes really appeal to me. I guess it's probably not a "traditional" gin as far as that goes, but I find it to be unique, refreshing and great for nosing.

Wilkey
[snapback]243988[/snapback]​

I thought you'd have prefered this one:

wilkeyray.jpg

but then, what do I know? :rolleyes: :whistling: :laugh:

cigar1993 said:
Ginseng said:

Wilkey
[snapback]243988[/snapback]​

I thought you'd have prefered this one:

but then, what do I know? :rolleyes: :whistling: :laugh:
[snapback]244083[/snapback]​

Ahhh yeah. Now that would be something quite unique! FOr now, I'd settle for drinking some Ten while smoking my VSGs. :D

Wilkey

Had a really bad experiance as a teenager with Gordon's and Country time Lemonade mix...

Haven't tried it since.

Should I give it another shot? Maybe in a mixed drink?

Between Tanqueray and Bombay, I find Bombay to be too sweet. I like Tanqueray. As far as other gins, I have not tried many, Beefeaters and maybe a few others. But I didn't find them to make the G&T that Tanqueray did. TASTY!

I am a huge Bombay fan. One thing that I have noticed is that it has never given me any kind of hang over.

BigMacFU said:
I myself am partial to Bombay Sapphire over Tanqueray. What are your favorite gins?
[snapback]236299[/snapback]​

I myself was a big Tanqueray drinker till I tried the Sapphire and that stuff is smooth!
I'm now converted :D

Gary-smoke said:
BigMacFU said:
I myself am partial to Bombay Sapphire over Tanqueray. What are your favorite gins?
[snapback]236299[/snapback]​

I myself was a big Tanqueray drinker till I tried the Sapphire and that stuff is smooth!
I'm now converted :D
[snapback]263788[/snapback]​

I was the same way first Tanqueray then the Sapphire, but then I tried Ten. I now rotate the Sapphire and the Ten but I really prefer the Ten.

CYG

Tanqueray, 3 ice cubes, 2 large olives, touch the glass to an unopened bottle of vermouth = perfection!!

Jack Straw said:
Tanqueray, 3 ice cubes, 2 large olives, touch the glass to an unopened bottle of vermouth = perfection!!
[snapback]280011[/snapback]​

:0 Now thats a dry martini! If you don't like adding too much vermouth and you like big olives... Tipsy Olives are fantastic.

CYG

I had a friend who tried to make his own gin by letting vodka steep in a bottle full of herbs and oils and god knows what for a year. Sorta like those fancy vinagar bottles you see with garlic and peppers. KE-RIST it was nasty.

Beefeaters, extra dry, with a twist, please (no nasty olives in my gin).

Cheers - !! - B.B.S.

CvilleYoungGun said:
Jack Straw said:
[snapback]280011[/snapback]​

:0 Now thats a dry martini! If you don't like adding too much vermouth and you like big olives... Tipsy Olives are fantastic.

CYG
[snapback]280027[/snapback]​

I love that drink myself! :thumbs:

But to me, to actually be called a martini, the drink has to contain vermouth. Otherwise it's just gin on the rocks with olives!