• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Lightin Method

I use a torch. Single, double, triple flame. Depends on which one I grab and which ones actually have butane in them. Best lighter I've owned is also the cheapest. A blazer torch lighter that I got at JRs for $3.95. 6 years and still going strong. Seems every prometheus, colibri, or volcano I've ever owned have had to go back to the manufacturer at least once.

BkCloud114 said:
Drake said:
i use a torch, but my local shop always gives me thin sheets of cedar to light my sticks with which is my prefered method
[snapback]182447[/snapback]​

Thin sheets of cedar ?? Are they matches or do ya light the cedar sheet fom a lighter then light the cigar ?

I use a torch when I'm outside. I usually use a Zippo indoors, I prefer to use the Zippo. And no, the fluid does not change the flavor of the cigar. :laugh:
[snapback]182580[/snapback]​
yeah, i light the ceadar, then light my cigar with it. very tasty. you only taste it while lighting.

I usually rub two sticks together on some leaves. Once a flame gets started I lean over and light the cigar. ;)

On windy days I use a Colibri Torch.

just got a cheap colibri torch, since my zippo broke. I still love cedar spills the best.

my favorite method is taking a cigar in with me on a fire, holding my breath, ripping my mask off, and lighting up. Always freaks out the probies! I always yell at them if they put the fire out before I get a smoke lit up.

Naaaaaaaaw... I use a torch :whistling: .
Cheap old single I got at the local gas station for 4 bucks. But the "lighting up in a house fire" story still gets people going tho! :laugh:

Woo-hoo!!

My significant other just bought me an engraved Colibri as an end of my board review gift. It has beautiful personal engraving and a really nice feel to it(black and silver). No more matches for me!!! Can't wait to try it today!

W00t!! W00t!!!

I must add that torches are the fastest and easiest, but if you have the time and the right place, nothing beats the slow toast, light and puff off of a match, cedar spill, regular flame lighter or Zippo.

What do I light my next cigar with? My current cigar of course! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I use matches both wooden and cardboard...cardboard matches usually require at least two. I also use a butane torch (I have the Zippo insert). Once when I was heating a piece of metal in the shop, I used my plumber's torch. It depends on how windy it is, whether I am inside or not, what's handy, etc....

Cheers,
Joe