• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FOGs and Newbies

bfreebern said:
Matt R said:
I didn't think I had to define the difference between a jag-off newbie and a respected newbie, wait there is no difference.  :sign:
[snapback]299330[/snapback]​

FU :sign:
[snapback]299336[/snapback]​
LOL

All the bills go by
And initiatives are taken up
By the middle
There ain't gonna be any middle any more...............

:p

Matt R said:
If you have a join date of January of '05 - Present, you're a newbie.
[snapback]299272[/snapback]​
Dammit! I know I'm nowhere near bein' a FOG but was hopin' to at least be something like a FOGby...or maybe a FNOG. With my luck, Matt's gonna keep movin' the goal posts and I'll be a perpetual noob. :laugh:

OMG! Dawn is an original member :laugh: :laugh:

Matt R said:
If you have a join date of January 4 of '01 - January 31 of '01, you're an original member, trumping an FOG. This is because there was a server/software change before that and all the data was lost. The board started before January of '01.

AVB said:
OMG! Dawn is an original member :laugh: :laugh:

Matt R said:
If you have a join date of January 4 of '01 - January 31 of '01, you're an original member, trumping an FOG. This is because there was a server/software change before that and all the data was lost. The board started before January of '01.

[snapback]299361[/snapback]​

Oh yeah, that crazy broad has been here a long time. :sign:

What a load of crapola. Join date doesn't make you anything. That's just dumb. There are a few newer posters that are valued higher than many many old guys. fogs my butt.

NA

SamClemmons said:
What a load of crapola. Join date doesn't make you anything. That's just dumb. There are a few newer posters that are valued higher than many many old guys. fogs my butt.

NA
[snapback]299374[/snapback]​

Wonderful, now Neal and Matt BOTH don't have their pants on. :p

Hope your feeling better Neal. :thumbs:

SamClemmons said:

NA

Along those lines, what would the real definition of FOG be? I think it is more complex than how long you have been around. I suppose as someone stuck in the middle (by definition) I should not be participating in the Newbie Sampler trades from the "FOG" side?

spelling edit

I really didn't assume this would need to be said, but apparently either some people are shorter than I, or the wind is just blowing this over their heads quicker in some places. This is tongue in cheek.......

Matt R said:
I really didn't assume this would need to be said, but apparently either some people are shorter than I, or the wind is just blowing this over their heads quicker in some places. This is tongue in cheek.......
[snapback]299385[/snapback]​

F'n newbies :sign:

:cool:

Matt R said:

At least you didn't say "blowing through your hair" b/c we know you'd be lieing then.

Matt R said:
I just can't stop looking at his avatar... :whistling:

junkman_56 said:
I just can't stop looking at his avatar... :whistling:
[snapback]299392[/snapback]​

That would be tongue in cheek also. :)

SamClemmons said:

NA

Wow.. Thanks Neal!! Luv you too.

LOL... just kiddin'... once a n00b, always a n00b! :laugh:

Man it's slow at work and this thread has kept me awake. Thanks for the entertaiment. Still in a FOG!

:thumbs: Golfgar you are and always will be the definition of a FOG! :thumbs:

tone-ny said:
Man it's slow at work and this thread has kept me awake. Thanks for the entertaiment. Still in a FOG!

:thumbs: Golfgar you are and always will be the definition of a FOG! :thumbs:
[snapback]299453[/snapback]​

I've been following the NHL trading deadline and these threads. Also feel like a cold coming on. I feel crappy.

But in my book, Tone is a FOGILF

I think about the labels like FOG and I picture the old bald guy in orange robes sitting cross legged with grin and a 7" x 52 maduro in between the teeth. Now, I was a bit slow on the uptake on this thread but I read carefully.

When you take the time to give an intelligent answer to a newb's question, you're a mentor in my book. I'm not talking about Googling the answer and parroting it back, but giving the answer based on experience. To me a FOG is one who helps the newbies through curable ignorance, slaps newbie with incurable stupidity, and (forgive me, but I have to) has the brains to know the difference.

The sad part is that by the time I can snatch the Xikar from Matt's hand, I'll be called a FUG.