• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FREE ASHTON ESG !

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
Yea you read the title right. Looks like the folks at Uptown messed up and will allow you to order ESG's at the listed price of $0.00. As far as I understand, as long as they charge my card for the transaction ($6.00 shipping), and complete the order, I get the cigars. I took the risk, we will see.

Oh, and here is the link

Free ESG @ Uptown Cigar

Ummm, I'd call them Tony!

They are out of stock, by the way.

Yea you read the title right. Looks like the folks at Uptown messed up and will allow you to order ESG's at the listed price of $0.00. As far as I understand, as long as they charge my card for the transaction ($6.00 shipping), and complete the order, I get the cigars. I took the risk, we will see.

Oh, and here is the link

Free ESG @ Uptown Cigar
Although I think your chances of getting one is slim to none, I admire your willingness to give it a shot. :D

They just changed it and are now out of stock :)

I'd bet somebody is getting his pee-pee whacked over that one. Then again, bet their web site is getting a few hits today. This kind of news travels fast.

They recently had a piece on the news about a local gas station that mis-programmed one of the gas pumps and they were selling gas for 3 cents a gallon (like 3.02 cents, instead of $3.02)...some lady filled up her SUV and then called 911 to report it....

Can you imagine the minumum-wage store clerk as he looks outside and sees a line of cars down the street all waiting for a specific pump..."Hmmmm, busy today." and goes back to reading his Penthouse.....

Can you imagine the 911 call?

"911. What's your emergency?"

"Uh, I'm at the local Acme gas station and I don't think they are charging enough for their gas."

That's a call they should publish....You gotta wonder about some people.

"Uh, I'm at the local Acme gas station and I don't think they are charging enough for their gas."

The rest of the call:

"You're at a gas station and they are not charging enough, maam?"

"Yes, I think you should send someone out here to check it out."

"OK, maam, please stay right there, an officer will be there to bitch-slap you for ruining everyone else's day in just a minute....we're on our way."

I had this happen on another site before. They actually listed a few boxes as $0.00. First I transferred all the money (except enough to cover the "cost" of this order) in my checking account (Visa tied to that acct.) to another account. Then I placed my order.

A day or two later I got a call indicating that they could notprocess my order because they could not authorize the Visa for that amount. I asked what amount and they gave me the full price. I indicated that my order invoice and confirmation that I had printed had a much lower price and that was the price I should be charged. They played dumb and said that there must have been a mistake and said that unless I could pay the higher amount they would cancel the order.

Now you might say that when I placed the order based on their website information and they confirmed by giving me a confirmation number a contract was formed. However, there is one exception to the formation of the contract that comes to mind and could have defeated my plan, and yours.

If one of the parties to a contract knew or should have known that there was a mistake in the formation of the contractual terms then there is no "meeting of the minds" and therefore no contract is created. Now had they merely advertised a lower than usual price I/you may have been able to defeat this exception. However, seeing that the price was $0.00 we of course knew that there had in fact been a huge mistake on their part and cannot take advantage of it.

I really did this to see what theeir reaction would be and if it would be caught. I ended up cancelling my entire order.

Let us all know what happens with your situation.

Funny - they have no pricing policy information...no disclaimer...that I could find...interesting!

I saw this on a couple of other boards as well.

I'm a bargain hunter just like everyone else, but I guess I'm a stick in the mud when it comes to this sort of thing.

It always bothers me when people try to take advantage of an honest mistake. Sure, they should be more careful and sure, they need to be more adament in the review of what goes up on their website, but that doesn't mean (in my mind anyway) that if an obvious mistake is made a retailer (in any business) should be taken advantage of.

Recently we had a gas station in our area (one of the last mom & pops around here) make a pricing mistake. They were selling gas for 29.5 cents a gallon instead of $2.95. The word spread but nobody let them in on the mistake for about 6 hours after it was discovered. The story on the news said that they had lost an amount of money that could potentially close them down. That is really sad in my mind and really disgraceful behavior by those that took advantage. I hope the next time they make a mistake that others take the opportunity to let them know, not to take advantage.

Sorry for the rant...I'll get off of my soapbox now.

As expected, my order was canceled before processing. Looks like the order department figured out the problem. At least now they know.