• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friend's brother took a round in Iraq today

cigarsarge said:
Lumberg said:
Wurm said:
UPDATE! He made it out of surgery just fine. Luckily the bullet was so slowed by the time it hit his abdomen it got stuck in the muscle and didn't damage any organs.

Hes looking at at least a year convolesence leave according to the doctors at Landstuhl, He will be medivaced back to the USA next week.

My friend is staying at Landstuhl with him right now and will be coming back to Grafenwöhr next week as well...

I'm so relieved! :)
[snapback]243302[/snapback]​

Glad to hear things are shaping up.

That's a lot of time to convalesce.

I just saw a piece on the local DC news tonight where all wounded vets get together for a free steak dinner at a local steakhouse every Friday here. The owner foots the bill. If he's spending any time at Walter Reed he should check it out. PM me and I can try to find out more details.
[snapback]243329[/snapback]​

Lumby, I suggest you trot down there and spew some of the garbage at those guys at the steak house that you do here.

I think you would be in for a reality check.
[snapback]243443[/snapback]​

How about cooling it, boss?

Lumberg said:
cigarsarge said:
Lumberg said:
Wurm said:
UPDATE! He made it out of surgery just fine. Luckily the bullet was so slowed by the time it hit his abdomen it got stuck in the muscle and didn't damage any organs.

Hes looking at at least a year convolesence leave according to the doctors at Landstuhl, He will be medivaced back to the USA next week.

My friend is staying at Landstuhl with him right now and will be coming back to Grafenwöhr next week as well...

I just saw a piece on the local DC news tonight where all wounded vets get together for a free steak dinner at a local steakhouse every Friday here. The owner foots the bill. If he's spending any time at Walter Reed he should check it out. PM me and I can try to find out more details.

Lumby, I suggest you trot down there and spew some of the garbage at those guys at the steak house that you do here.

[snapback]243499[/snapback]​

That would be a good question to ask those guys, Jonathan...

Why is it considered a tragedy of extra proportions when a Law Enforcement Officer, or especially a member of our armed forces, gets hurt or dies?

I'm sure they'd have some great responses for you... Please do it in person... :thumbs:

Why is it considered a tragedy of extra proportions when a Law Enforcement Officer, or especially a member of our armed forces, gets hurt or dies?
First of all gentlemen let me apologize for not introducing myself in a more appropriate manner. But as a combat FMF corpsman I can no longer sit and lurk when this kind of BS is occuring. Mr. Lumberg, are you out of your fucking mind. I just wish I could have 10 min. with you alone to show you the error of your ways. Were you raised by draft dodgers? Are there no vetrans in your family? What the hell ails you. This vetrans day you should go down to your local VFW and get down on your hands and knees and kiss the feet of every member and thank them for the freedom to spew your bullshit on the internet. :angry2:

Lumberg said:
cigarsarge said:
Lumberg said:
Wurm said:

[snapback]243499[/snapback]​

Lumby...You are a spoiled little brat that obviously does not know who buttered your bread. People like the guy discussed in this thread have the guts to lay down their life so you can walk around in a free country and you have the unmitigated gall to ask why they are special.

They are heros...Something you don't have the stones to be.

I suggest you cool it.

Back to the point of this thread,
Continued thoughts and prayers are with your buddy, his family, friends and loved ones, as well as all our other brothers and sisters still fighting the fight.

*Edited to add the "continued" aspect b/c I didn't waste my time reading all the other b.s., that I missed the update. Sorry. Hope his recovery continues.

I'm late on this thread...but continued good thoughts from Peters Creek for our wounded serviceman.

I can vouch that he's in good hands with the folks at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and the 86th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron. The 86th AES (stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany) was my last active duty assignment and we worked closely with the folks at LRMC. Fine, professional folks, all.

True the great folks at Landstuhl have been working overtime to save our troops lives everyday. And they truely see more of the horrors of war everyday than most soldiers see the entire time they are in the military.

Heres the address if anyone wants to send care packages to the troops or letters of thanks to the staff.

Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
Section/Division, Bldg 3703
66849 Landstuhl/Kirchberg

:thumbs:

Wurm said:
True the great folks at Landstuhl have been working overtime to save our troops lives everyday. And they truely see more of the horrors of war everyday than most soldiers see the entire time they are in the military.

Heres the address if anyone wants to send care packages to the troops or letters of thanks to the staff.

Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
Section/Division, Bldg 3703
66849 Landstuhl/Kirchberg

:thumbs:
[snapback]244247[/snapback]​

Do we just mark them "to whom it may concern"?

Seriously - how do we send a care package to just anyone in the hospital there?

"To a wounded service member from a American citizen who appreciates their sacrifice."

Or just send a get well card addressed to all the brave military members. They hang them up in the wards for the wounded men and women to see.

The things most people send are books and magazines for the guys and gals to read while they are stuck in bed recooperating. They take them and place them in a wheeled cart that is pushed from room to room so the wounded military members can choose something to read.

I sent two boxes of 20 books each a few months ago and I know they went to good use.

Back