• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Frustration/Venting

It cuts both ways. If you like the house and think it's worth 98% of asking price, not to be cheeky, but it's probably worth 100% of asking price too.

I think it cuts both ways also. How did you come up with your 98% offer? Did you have the house appraised and decided that was its value? Or are you just trying to 'win'? Maybe the owner did a market analysis and priced his house exactly at the right price and not allowing for any movement.

I'm all for negotiating and trying to get the best deal. But why get frustrated or mad at someone because they wont budge lower? He probably is thinking the same things about you.

If you really like the house do you think you'll care in ten years that you paid $4k or $5k more? I doubt it.

I'm guessing we might just find out soon enough. We just put an offer in on the house next door to these jokers. Same basic features such as bedrooms and baths, it just needs a little work. Being very generous I might put $30k into this one that we're probably going to buy, however their asking price was exactly $50k less than the one we just gave up on. But it will be tailored more to us, I'll do it exactly how we want it, and in the end probably be happier in it. Either way the thing to keep in mind is that this house is temporary for us, maybe 2-3 years, until we get our other houses sold. Then we're going to find some land and build our "dream house".

Soon I'll start a long fun thread of our remodel, starting with before pics and going until the end, which will most likely be in the fall or winter.

Reminds me back when I baught we bought our first home, Gave our realitor our price and was told 'the where waiting on a better offer from another party". So I told him to tel them "our offer and it was good for 24 hrs or we walked. Seems they didn't want to wait and took it 6 hours later.

Good luck on the second offer, get to live next to the jerks and rub it in there face..........

Paul