• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gamblers Anonymous

I will be mailing the big box off tomorrow Friday 4/24 as long as Step is ready. I want to thank Jake for letting me in this pass, and being patient with me as I figured out what would work for Takes and Puts. I placed a Padron 64 Pyramide in the gambling contest and took the # 18 envelope.

Here are my T/P's

Takes

# 21 La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Lancero
# 37 Punch Double Corona
# 91 HDM Churchill
#94 Cohiba Maduro 5
#106 Staffords 90th

Puts

LFD Mysterio Oscuro
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro Feb 08
Cohiba Piramide Edicion Limitada Nov 06
Monte Sublime EL 08
Diamond Crown Max. from 08 TAA

Joe G

Hey Joe,
I've heard of leaving the pass better than when it arrive but this is taking it to extremes!
I doubt anyone will have much to say about those puts other than :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
After having met you at the Quad State Herf I must say, I'm not surprised.
Mark

If any of you fellow gamblers plan to be in Las Vegas over the weekend and would like to get together to gamble or smoke please contact me ASAP. I'm leaving 1st thing Sat morning for 3-4 nights of goofing around.

Hey Jim,

Ok I have passed on the large box, and have sent it off to somewhere in Washington. Here is a tracking number for you to use to see if it goes anywhere near your house.

0308 2040 0000 3136 3465

Have Fun the rest of you degenerate gamblers

Joe G

Was wondering about this and now I see....
Label/Receipt Number: 0308 2040 0000 3136 3465

Your item was delivered at 2:16 PM on April 27, 2009 in LONGVIEW, WA 98632.

Just wondering about the lack of advance put/take posts recently??

I will contact Jim, haven't heard from him in a few days. I've been tied up with Finals (3 this week) so I've been a little lax on the timing thing. Jim also has another pass in his possession at this time, so It seems he's got a decent amount on his plate as well.

Received confirmation from Jim that he did receive the pass. He'll inspect it and post up some P/T's in the next 24 hours.

A few other pass notes....

On a different note with a slight change in line-up, only 5 more people will be shipped the pass after Jim (Getting close!), and then it will be shipped to me, not Dios de Fuego (after sigar_zealot) and PJWinters will do his P/T's after I get the pass and then I will handle getting and giving him the trades personally, after that I will handle mufflerman virtually, and then Dios de Fuego will be at the end (due to moving).

Since there will be an extra envelope for someone else besides pass participants to play in the second contest (originally mufflerman wouldn't receive one due to the pass being full, but 2 players not receiving envelopes due to different circumstances allow him to receive one), I MAY (though haven't decided yet....so don't pm me) allow another virtual player to jump in after mufflerman to fill us up...we'll have to see how things go.

At the beginning of the pass I said for contest two that:
I will have someone run two different flops, turns and rivers.
However, since I have recorded the cards that every envelope contains, and what those that have chosen them received...in the best interest of randomization and fairness for the free 5ers, [color="FF0000"]I will use the flop, turn and river, from the first Episode of Poker After Dark that comes on after the pass is 100% complete (virtual trades and all).[/color] I doubt this will be an issue, since the 5ers are free after all, I just figured it'd be more effective to use something a bit more feasible poker-wise for the contest and rule out all possible concerns for "fixing" the contest.

Thanks for all the work you put in Jake. All sounds good to me.

Brian

Here are my P/T's for preview. Let me know if this is gonna fly, so I can do a final run through the pass and get it on the road-

Takes ~for~ Puts

109) Tatuaje Frankenstein ~for~ 119) Opus X Perfecxion #2 2008
117) Monte Sublime Edicion Limitada (2008) ~ 120) H Uppman Super Corona 2002
121) Anejo 77 "Shark" 2008

Jim

Here are my P/T's for preview. Let me know if this is gonna fly, so I can do a final run through the pass and get it on the road-

Takes ~for~ Puts

Jim

The Super Corona....very nice....feel free to send me the Super Corona for testing! ;)

Takes ~for~ Puts

121) Anejo 77 "Shark" 2008 Thanks!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jim

The Tat Frank is $13 and the Perfecxion #2 is $14. Being a one time release, the Frank carries a decent rarity factor...and to be honest, I know there have been a lot of Opus floating around lately, but It's like finding a needle in a haystack to find a Perfecxion #2. If anyone has further input, I'd love to hear it, but with the extra $1 on a highly demanded and HTF cigar, the first trade is lookin' pretty good.

I got the Monte Sublime at $21.95 and the only price I could find associated with the Super Corona (which was discontinued in 2002) is $22. Anyone have a more accurate MSRP? It's not easy finding them on cigars that haven't been produced in 7 years. If the $22 I found is good (though confirmation from elsewhere would be great...especially for pass knowledge for a trade down the line) then the second is good as well Jim!

If anyone else wants to chime in, please feel free to do so. :thumbs:

Takes ~for~ Puts

121) Anejo 77 "Shark" 2008 Thanks!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jim

The Tat Frank is $13 and the Perfecxion #2 is $14. Being a one time release, the Frank carries a decent rarity factor...and to be honest, I know there have been a lot of Opus floating around lately, but It's like finding a needle in a haystack to find a Perfecxion #2. If anyone has further input, I'd love to hear it, but with the extra $1 on a highly demanded and HTF cigar, the first trade is lookin' pretty good.

I got the Monte Sublime at $21.95 and the only price I could find associated with the Super Corona (which was discontinued in 2002) is $22. Anyone have a more accurate MSRP? It's not easy finding them on cigars that haven't been produced in 7 years. If the $22 I found is good (though confirmation from elsewhere would be great...especially for pass knowledge for a trade down the line) then the second is good as well Jim!

If anyone else wants to chime in, please feel free to do so. :thumbs:

Sounds about right(although a little high on both the Monte and Super C).

BUT, don't for get the if.....IF you can find the HUSC!

I tried to match them as closely as I could. I am not sure what the HUSC MSRP was in 2002 seems as if it was less than $22, but I might be mistaken. I was trying to get in line with the rarity + cost for both. The tat frank Opus take is close and I thought it was, but thought with the elevated cost of the Opus I was close. Anyway let me know and I will get this baby ready.

Jim

Sounds about right(although a little high on both the Monte and Super C).

BUT, don't for get the if.....IF you can find the HUSC!

I didn't have a reliable pricing source on the Super Corona. For posterity sake, I just averaged all the prices on cigarcyclopedia for the Sublime, one particular retailers price was a bit horrendous to say the least, which drove up the average pretty significantly... ???

Takes ~for~ Puts

Jim

Alright Jim, you're ready to roll brother. Everyone seems to be on the same page, though I just wanted to make sure and double check. :thumbs:

What say ye regarding the contests? ???

After you let me know about them (at least the envelopes, since it's a free contest), feel free to ship at will sir!

Alright I will make another pass through just to make sure and will get this baby rolling out ASAP. Contest info ect. to come shortly.

Jim