• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

George Washington Eggnog

To any of the people that has made this in the past, do you have any recommendations on the brands to use for the different liquors?

1 pint brandy (8oz or 1 cup) - E&J, Christian Brothers, Paul Masson
1/2 pint rye whiskey (4oz or 1/2 cup) Jim Beam Yellow Label or Wild Turkey Rye
1/2 pint Jamaica rum (4oz or 1/2 cup) Meyers
1/4 pint sherry (4oz or 1/2 cup) - Taylor or any other cheap sherry

Let us know what you think.

I used E&J brandy, Wild Turkey rye, Appleton Estate rum and Harvey's Bristol Cream. Came out good.

Last year I used E&J Brandy, Jim Beam yellow label rye, Appleton Estates rum and some cheap Fairbanks? cream sherry.

This year I think I'll stick with the E&J but I have Wild Turkey Rye I like better (a tad smoother). I also have since acquired Meyers rum for a different cocktail (called an Uncle Pete) so I'll try that instead. Also I'm unsure if cream sherry is quite right for this, I may look at another brand/type.

It's great egg nog but after a couple sips by my wife and sister-in-law, it was just me and my brother-in-law that worked the nog for the rest of the night. Yes, I was incredibly loopy. I made it for NYE. Barely made it to midnight.

I did a half cup of everything and it was still a little weak so I'm going to add the other 1/2 cup of brandy.

Nice and thick, light, and creamy. Absolutely delicious.

I'm also lactose intolerent, so it's the musical drink of Christmas!

(EDIT: ingredients I used Goslings Black Seal,Jim Beam Rye, EJ, Paul Mason, and I also added another !?@ of Jim Beam)

Glad to see more folks trying this, it really is good.

Glad to see more folks trying this, it really is good.

I have never liked store bought eggnog, but I buy it every year for all of the family that stays with us during Christmas. So when I saw this recipe and all of the rave reviews, I had to make a batch.

I made it last night and had no idea eggnog could taste so good.!! I love this stuff.

Thanks for the recipe. :thumbs:

Plan on making some this coming weekend. :thumbs:

The church lady and her husband are coming on the 16th. Even though I can't drink it myself, I'm up for a little mischief. They live next door. I'm sure we can carry her home.

Doc

6 litters consumed last night at "the club"-- extremely popular, good stuff made 2 batches.

Great recipe Ray. I couldn't let it be though, made some modifications and I'm quite enjoying it. This is the recipe to try Eggnog for the first time!

About that time of year. I found the thread and thought I'd top it for you egg nog drinkers.

I am about to make this years batch.  Any thoughts on the shelf life on this?  Thinking about making it on the 21st and was wondering if I make 1 big batch I can carry it to new years or if I am better doing 2 fresher batches. 

Looking for clarification: if I make tomorrow for NYE, do I fold the egg whites in now or just before serving? Wouldn't the storage time reduce the textural effect of the whipped whites?