• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Started

I had the pleasure of going to a scotch tasting on Thursday. We Sampled the following:
Chivas Regal 12
Aberlour 10
Strathisla 12
Longmorn 15
Glenlivet 15 Old French Oak Reserve
Aberlour 15 Old Sherry Wood Finish
Glenlivet 18
Chivas Regal 18
Glenlivet 21
Aberlour a'Bunadh Cask Strength

The tasting was led by Emma Greengrass, the scotch whisky ambassador for Pernod Ricard USA.

She was very informative and very knowledgable.

My favorite of the lot was the Glenlivet 18. I find that this selection has a very round taste with a nice honeyish finish. This Scotch has given the most in terms of complexity to my very young scotch pallet. I also really liked the Aberlour 15 Sherry wood (very smooth)

I went out today and got a bottle of the Glenlivert 18 :D yum

edit for spelling

Nice tasting, I've ran into Ms Greengrass a few times and she does know her stuff!

Although it's several months away, keep Whisky Fest (Malt Advocate home page) in mind. It's Nov 6, 2006 in NYC. I've gone to the Chicago WF the last 2 years and it's been great. Essentially all single malts and many good bourbons to taste. In Chicago, it's $95 or $135 to get in an hour early (less crowded--we did it last year and it's worth it). Some free hats, glasses, stuff.

I also subscribe to the magazine. Great tasting notes, interviews, stories.