• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glendora, CA Herf - Meet Gene Arganese!

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Meet Gene Arganese of Arganese Cigars!
June 27 - 6 PM

I met Gene in Vegas at the CP Herf. Hell of a nice guy, and his cigars really are great. I've tried several of his lines, and they have all been excellent. He will be presenting his cigars at Marty's Cigar Lounge in Glendora, CA. He's also going introduce some new lines/blends.

Hope we can get some of the So Cal guys together for this one. I'm sure it will be a great event!

JUNE 27, 2008 - FRIDAY EVENING
6 PM - 8 PM

MARTY’S CIGAR & DIVAN
109 WEST FOOTHILL BLVD
GLENDORA, CA 91741
626-852-9337

URL: http://www.martyscigar.com/

I agree I met Gene in person at Vegas, he is a very nice guy and makes a very nice cigar!

I think I will step up for this one! :thumbs:

If Putz is going to be there........I'm going to be there!

I also had the pleasure of meeting Gene in Vegas. He's a great guy and I'm looking forward to talking to him again.

Rod, I smoked one that you gave me from the Vegas herf the other day when I was packing up the rig moving to our next destination.

I just reached in and grabbed the stick. At these times, similar I guess to doing yard work, I smoke without thinking about what I'm smoking as I go about cleaning
my holding tanks, doing my checks etc.

I have no idea what you gave me but it grabbed my attention. It was a Robusto size. looked like a Maduro wrapper. However, due to my concentrating on the job on
hand, I forgot about it until this thread.

Enjoy your herf.

Brian

This is one line I've really been interested in trying. He had an odd way of labeling his blends, by strength, but I think he's coming around to a more mainstream labeling scheme. Then there is the x3 or 3rd power smokes he's been advertising. I think we are getting closer to where vendors will put together nice representative samplers, or at least 5 packs.

He attended my 3rd Annual Long Island, NY Herf back in April and he was a very down-to-Earth and friendly guy. He is also very generous as he offered two trips to his place in the D.R. to my raffle prizes!

His cigars are very good and the CL3 and the ML3 are very good imo. :thumbs:

If you have the chance, definitely meet him.

Not sure how big this lounge is. I think it might just be a retail shop with some chairs. I am still planning on going. Hope to see some of you there!

I think it might just be a retail shop with some chairs.

Hey Rod!

Bingo! Not a real big place. But not a square little box either. I think I read about a thousand square foot shop. He does have a couple sitting areas, tv etc. I've been to a couple events that were standing room only. No humidor either. The whole place is a humi. Everything is out in the open. Really cool atmosphere. Check the link out below for a few pics. I'll be there and I'm dragging Mike along too. :thumbs:

Linky

....Gary

anything going on saturday???
I will be down that way saturday and sunday

as far as I know, we will be in Los Angeles "proper"...getting in around noonish and leaving late sunday afternoon/evening

as far as I know, we will be in Los Angeles "proper"...getting in around noonish and leaving late sunday afternoon/evening

"PROPER".......! Not "proper"....! I think that's Crip territory! Or is it Blood territory...? I forget. Anyway, stay away from there!

Looks like I'm in. Just go the all clear.

Fuggit. I guess I'm there.

But Charlie better be wearing his damn chaps... :angry: