• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to Belize

Sweetrice80

Deaf Mofo
Hey guys, I am going to Belize Aug. 1st. This will be the first time I have been out of the country. (besides Canada). I have a few flight questions to ask everyone. First off, My flight leaves at BWI to Charlotte N.C. then from there going to Belize. Does this mean I have to check in at the International security at BWI or at Charlotte? Also, when I land at Belize I have to get onto an domestic flight from Belize international, does that mean I have to go pick up my backs go through the Customs then go through the security for domestic flights? I just do not want to mess up and end up missing my flight because I have no idea how to transfer from international to domestic flights. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again guys.

PS. If anyone has other tips about traveling to different countries please let me know thanks.

David

You will arrive in Belize City. The airport is small and is very simple. You will go through customs immediately which consists of nothing more then a short dude in a hat asking what you have. From there you get dumped back into a new ticket line for your connection. I'm guessing your headed to Ambergis (sp?) Caye. If so you have about a 15 minute single-prop plane trip that lands on an unpaved runway. From there taxi or water taxi to your destination. Bring your own smokes. I've been all over the caye and other places in Belize. There are Cubans there but not anywhere you will be able to find them. The shops sell dog rockets and glass top cohibas.

Have fun!

Stinki

Exactly what Stinki said and you will go international immediatly because your bags will be checked through to Belize (I assume). I could be wrong, but when I flew there via Portland I had to check in international because I was only changing planes in Houston. Some others may have a different experience, but that is mine. Have a great honeymoon.

Jim

Make sure to make copies of your passport, license, itinerary, etc...if at all possible, all on one page (for convenience). Put this somewhere hidden/tucked away in each of your bags, and leave one at home with a friend just in case.

Please bring me back a bottle of Viper Rum:

346148527_65a5284037.jpg

Make sure you buy some cigars while you're on the beach. The humidity from the ocean will keep the Habanos in tip-top shape. :laugh:

Make sure to make copies of your passport, license, itinerary, etc...if at all possible, all on one page (for convenience). Put this somewhere hidden/tucked away in each of your bags, and leave one at home with a friend just in case.

Please bring me back a bottle of Viper Rum:

346148527_65a5284037.jpg

This is great advice. I recently went to Rome and the friend I went with lost her Passport. If she wouldn't have had the copy she made to keep with her luggage, it would have been a much more difficult process getting her a replacement so she could come home.

One other thing to remember, any credit/debit cards you might be using should be notified of the trip. Credit fraud monitoring will often lockout a card if it is used out of the country to protect you, so let them know about the trip so you don't have any problems.

Have a great trip!

Have a great trip! :)

You already have the baggage advice but I would also add, leave your expensive cutters/lighters at home. Even though the TSA has their standards, not every place is the same...because they aren't TSA.

For instance, when I went to germany I had no trouble carrying on my zippo and my cutter. That was a flight from detroit to paris, paris to frankfurt. On the way back the stopover was in amsterdam. Anyways, while checking in germany, they would not let me take my zippo on board unless I pulled the wadding out and gave it to them (they keep it), and also pull out the wick and flint. No issues with the cutter though.

On my last trip to Cabo, again, I made it ther fine with my carry on stuff. On the way back to the states, they had no issue with my zippo, but refused to let me take my cutter on board. Of course I found out the cutter part after I checked my bags. Luckily they let me run back, and they stopped the baggage conveyer, and a guy climbed through the belt to grab my bad so I could put it in there. The cutter was a gift and i didn't want to lose it. They could have just as easily told me to get bent, however. Funny part about the cutter is its a style that will only let you trim a certain amount off, so i have no idea what they thought I might do with it. Its not like I could have threatened to cut off a finger or something lol...it wouldn't fit anyways.

Point is, each country had their own custom as to what they allow...even on flights headed back to the states. (which you would think that our rules might be of some concern lol) Oh, I wouldn't try to bring a torch style lighter either....I don't think those are allowed even if empty.

I can't answer your questions. Best to check with your carriers.
Went there with the family a few years ago. Did some days at an Eco-Lodge in the jungle and then some days on Ambergris Caye (town of San Pedro). It was very different and very enjoyable! In San Pedro I can reccommend George's Country Kitchen for leisurly breakfasts and suggest bike rentals for cruising around town. Hope you have a great time.