• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good cheap isom smoke

atuck said:
morenoloco said:
purosdave said:
I think the Guantanemeras are underfilled and made of very inferior tobacco. 
[snapback]224693[/snapback]​

You think? You are absolutely correct!! They are made of vuelta arriba tobacco and are slighlty underfilled. They are precut, and not really a conniseurs (sp) smoke. They're decent..
[snapback]225028[/snapback]​

THEY SUCK!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[snapback]225296[/snapback]​

Alan,

Don't hold back. Let us know what you really think :p

atuck said:
morenoloco said:
purosdave said:
I think the Guantanemeras are underfilled and made of very inferior tobacco. 
[snapback]224693[/snapback]​

You think? You are absolutely correct!! They are made of vuelta arriba tobacco and are slighlty underfilled. They are precut, and not really a conniseurs (sp) smoke. They're decent..
[snapback]225028[/snapback]​

THEY SUCK!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[snapback]225296[/snapback]​

LOL... when you're drinking in Guadalajara, Mexico with a bunch of buddies... A Guantanamera starts to taste like a Davidoff Dom Perignon!! :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
devil-smiley-024.gif

SCEP is about the best Cuban for the money IMO, a box is about $110.00

A little more than the 2 and 3 dollar sticks mentioned but the best bang for the buck.

Rich

Have had some great Upmann Regalia's. Also had some Piedra's that were pretty good for MM, in Canada of course, not spending US bucks.

$110....plus shipping right?

Ironworker said:
SCEP is about the best Cuban for the money IMO, a box is about $110.00

A little more than the 2 and 3 dollar sticks mentioned but the best bang for the buck.

Rich
[snapback]225377[/snapback]​

The Master said:
Upmann Corona Major A/T hand rolled

Partagas Corona Senior A/T hand rolled

Upmann Petite Coronas

Partagas Petite Corona

Ramone Allones Small Club Corona

Bolivar Petite Corona

Punch Royal Selection 12
[snapback]224340[/snapback]​

That pretty much covers it!

I didn't know the RASCC were back. Thanks for bringing it up. Also got a box of something else mentioned here, a MM, my first MM foray. (edit to add Jose Piedra - Brevas)

The one and only ISOM that I have been able to enjoy was a Quintero, and I must say that it was great. I thoroughly enjoyed that smoke. It is definitely way up on the list for me, but of course I can only compare it to NC's not ISOM's since it has been my only one.
B

Quintero Brevas

JLP Brevas

Price/Value champions from Cuba.

The Jose Piedra - Conservas are my go-to ISOM cigar.
The H. Upmann Regalias is a great smoke, when not plugged. Lately about 50% of the ones I've had were plugged.

The H. Upmann Regalias is a great smoke, when not plugged. Lately about 50% of the ones I've had were plugged.

I Bet they are too wet. What RH% are you storing them at?

I keep my humi at 65%, but most of the Upmann's I've smoked were straight out of the LCDH humi, which is bit moist. I have had a few that I've rested in my humi for a few weeks and I still had issues with some.

If you are looking for great value my favorites are the JLP cremas, brevas and the new petit cazadores. All made with Vuelta Arriba tobacco. I find the JLPs to be the tastiest mixed filler/value smokes (they are still all hand made). Some other mixed filler hand mades you may want to try are... Quintero Brevas, Por Larranaga Panatelas.

Holy Necro-Thread...!! Nothing like bringing up a two year old discussion..... :laugh:

B.B.S.

I keep my humi at 65%, but most of the Upmann's I've smoked were straight out of the LCDH humi, which is bit moist. I have had a few that I've rested in my humi for a few weeks and I still had issues with some.

I'll attest to this one, Mouse sent me some of the H Upmann Regalias. I smoked one pretty soon after he sent them to me and it tasted great but was really plugged. I let them rest for a few months in my humidors at 62-65% humidity and they were still plugged.

For my money the best inexpensive habanos is the Punch Petite Corona. The old adage you get what you pay for.... Well it applies to Cuban cigars!

I've smoked Regalias, JLP Brevas, Monte 4's RyJ & Partagas Mille Feurs, Partagas Petit Coronas Especiales San Cristobal Principes. None of them were as good as the Punch Petite Corona. JMHO

Which Punch PC: the RS No. 12, Petit Punch, or Petit Coronas del Punch?

Some of those other smokes: Monte No. 4, San Cristobal El Principe are on the same quality level as any of those Punch too, so it's probably a preference thing.

My current favorite cheapies are the Fonseca Cadetes and PL Panatelas. Good ~$60/box smokes!