• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Morning S / BOTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all and yes, it's Monday and the coffee is on. Had a great time this weekend at Uptown Cigars for the TESB Herf and fund raiser. Got to meet a number of new S / BOTL from all over and everything was outstanding. Yesterday the Yankees beat up on the Mets 15 - 0 and Mark Martin won the NASCAR race in Michigan after Jimmie Johnson and Greg Biffle ran out of gas with 2 laps to go. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of their favorites through out it....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I've been working on a project all weekend (which I've unofficially codenamed: "Project WTF") and haven't had time to play. Haven't slept since Saturday...but I'm making good progress!

Coffee is good....mmmm

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Not much happened yesterday except for a lot of rain with some thunder and lightning mixed in with it. The Yankees were off yesterday and they take on the Washington Nationals here in the Bronx at 1905 (7:05pm) this evening. C.C. Sabathia is on the mound tonight and hopefully he has a good game and the Bombers score a "W". I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Grumble...grumble...too damn early. Where's my coffee. Have a great day CP.

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won last night and they'll be back at it with the Nationals again at the same time and place as last night, 1905 (7:05pm). I have plans to go to Thursday's day game with my buddy Bill (Bravo Lima) but it looks like rain. Either way we're going to the game and if they reschedule it, no harm no loss as we'll smoke a couple of primo sticks and sip a couple of suds in the Bronx. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and gets to smoke a favorite or two or....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

It's been a nice quiet morning here. Taking it easy while everybody on the West Coast is still sleeping.

Got a shipment of beans yesterday from family on the Big Island who run a coffee operation and broke into that this morning. Took a few hours planning a weekend birthday excursion for the woman. Looked over hotels near Times Square and broadway shows over coffee, some warm biscuits and a pipe full of a year old black cavendish.

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as usual. Well, the Yankees came up short last night loosing 3 - 2 to the Nationals and hopefully they can get today's game in which is scheduled for 1305 (1:05pm). The weather doesn't look too favorable as it's already raining out but we're still going down to the stadium. If they call it for rain, we can exchange our tickets for another game as most likely they won't postpone an inter-league game especially a Yankees / National game. We'll stop at Tino's Deli http://tinosdeli.com/ on Arthur Avenue and grab lunch and then head over to the stadium and probably grab a beer at Stan's Sports Bar which is right next door. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and stays dry........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

mmmm, deli meat. I'll take a Jenny P's Hero. :D

I've been sitting here all night working on a new project, hoping to get it done before Friday as I'm heading into NYC around noon and am generally forbidden from working while on holiday. Luckily, I'm an expert at slipping out of bed in the middle of the night to get some extra hours in so if worse comes to worse, I'm not nececssarily up the creek just yet.

In the meantime, I'll just keep plugging away...although I may toast up some biscuits and jalepeno preserves to keep my spirits up...At this point it's pointless to head to bed!

Good morning all and a big TGIF is well deserved!!! Yesterday, was a wet one down in the Bronx and after the broadcasters kept on postponing the start, we made a decision at 1600 (4pm) to head back up to the West Point area. The did finally start the game (5 1/2 hours later) and lost again to the Nationals 3 - 0. The Bombers take on the Marlins this weekend down in Florida starting tonight at 1910 (7:10pm) and I hope the weather is drier down there than it has been up here lately. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning, CigarPass!

I finally finished an emergency project late yesterday evening, turned in early and since I normally only do four or five hours of sleep at a stretch, anyway, I got up at 2. Did laundry, packed for New York and now I'm ready to declare the holiday weekend has started. If it stops raining at some point, I'll walk down to grab some sugar packed energy drinks and sour patch kids for my time in the car but otherwise I'm just going to sit back and relax until it's time to go. My only disappointment is that New York is one of the few states I don't have a license to carry, although I've been assured that Boston is more dangerous than where I'll be staying. hmmmm, not sure if I believe it, but we'll just stay where the crowd is to be safe. :whistling:

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on!!! Well, the Yankees won last night in Florida 5 - 1 and they are back at it tonight starting at 1910 (7:10pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for the Bombers. Also, the U.S. Open is back on this morning and hopefully the rain will allow for a little bit of golf to get in as they are calling for 18 to 24 hours of rain with an accumulation of 1" to 2" for possible flooding. The NASCAR truck race got rained out last night in Milwaukee and rescheduled for today at 1330 (1:30pm) and then the Nationwide Series races there tonight at 2000 (8pm). Tomorrow, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in Sonoma, CA on their annual road race and that starts at 1630 (4:30pm). Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Father's day weekend and get to enjoy a few of your favorites...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Well Good Morning yourself, Charlie! It's a gonna be a hot one here in Central Florida today. I took the day off yesterday to get my mom to the hospital and back. She had a short surgery on her elbow to fix a pinched nerve. Surgery went well and she was back home the same day. We crawled our way up and down Hwy 17-19 through Orlando yesterday and the traffic was bad. At one point in the afternoon, the truck thermometer said 101. The sun was shining through the windshield and I had the A/C on high. It was still warm in the truck. Sitting in traffic doesn't help either.

Enjoy your Saturday. I'm gonna try and get the lawn mowed before it gets too hot.

Saturday morning in New York City is....Well, what can I say....Noisy! Being an only child really make certain things stand out to you!

Went to see Chicago last night which was certainly pretty entertaining. On the way back to the Hotel, it became clear there was some sort of event going on in Times Square so I ducked off into a side street to get away and stopped at a late night restaurant called Angus McIndoe: http://www.angusmcindoe.com/ Small, but nice atmosphere. I did have some trouble ordering drinks, however. Places on the East Coast tend to think that it's charming to remove the front wall of their restraurant for that "open air feel". As I don't speak very loud to begin with, this simply results in nobody being able to hear me and my being unwilling to yell to place an order. I did find it entertaining, though, to see the look on the waiters face when he thought I was asking for a devil vodka.

Came back to my tiny room in Times Square and sat down to catch up on my emails. At first, I felt I was too tired to go up to the roof to relax with one of the cigars I'd brought with me (I picked out an CAO Mx2, Ashton VSG and Oliva V) but ended up reading something which put me "on a mission" to find a nice box of vintage 2003 cigars and a bottles or two of Glenfiddich bottled in 2003. Decided to go up to the roof, anyway. Enjoyed my Mx2 and a cup of coffee until 4:30 in the morning. Found some sparse leads on the cigars...not so much luck on the Glen.

Now that I have my obligatory 4 hours of sleep, I'm going to try out the shower, run down to see what kind of continental breakfast this place serves (card simply instructs me to go down to the Starbucks and they'll set me up) and head out to wander around town!

Good morning all and a big "Happy Father's Day" greeting goes out to all you dads. I hope the weather cooperates today as we have had rain off and on for the past 2 weeks up here in the North East. It would be nice to be able to sit out today and enjoy a primo cigar and BBQ, we can only wish. Anyway, the Yankees lost last night to the Marlins 2 -1 and today at they'll be back at it for the rubber game of the match at 1705 (5:05pm). Also, as I stated yesterday, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racers are in Sonoma, CA on their annual road race and that starts at 1630 (4:30pm). I hope what ever you guys plan to do today includes family and friends, cigars and a glass full of your favorite beverage, enjoy........... :D :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!

good morning y'all. Happy fathers day to all of you with kids, may have kids or thinking of have kids. Today, Pop's and I were planning on golf, but with the rain, we may end up at the driving range instead. Pop's golf clubs are older then I and have not been used in that time frame either. Should be fun!

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewin'. Between yesterday's crappy weather with the rain off and on late afternoon thru the evening to the Yankees loss to the Marlins 6 - 5, it wasn't the best Father's Day to record. Congrats goes out to Kasey Kahne for winning at Sonoma and giving the current Richard Petty Motorsports its first victory: http://www.nascar.com/
I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a couple of their favorites through out it........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning! Well, I'm back up in Massachusetts after my trip to New York City and thinking I need some time off to recover from my vacation. Packed a day full of seeing the obligatory city sights. Also did a few shows, rode out to the statue, took in Central Park and generally explored. I am glad to be back home, though. It is amazing how differently people in New York do things.

Today's going to be a long one. Time to pick up some projects and see where they're standing and if I need to do anything about them. Need to look over a pile of emails, write some letters of "how long is this going to take you" and see if I can squeeze in a tune up on the bike (if it doesn't rain) and some time at the gym before it's time to make the family dinner.

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. The Yankees had a day off yesterday and will be taking on the Atlanta Braves this evening down in Turner Field in GA at 1900 (7pm). A few of us are going down to see the Mets take on the Cardinals as our boss Joe Colombo is treating us to an evening of baseball in Queens, NY at the new Citi Field. I'll be bringing the cigars for the group and I'm sure we'll stop down at a local bodega for some tastey treats as well. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Ung....bla....Fell asleep reading a book last night and woke up with a terrible neck/head ache from all the pillows I was propped up on so I'm moving pretty slowly this morning. I'm one of those people who can't eat first thing in the morning, the thought of food is a little upsetting for the first few hours and my stomach isn't up for ibuprofen unless I eat so I guess this is a sign...I'm in for a long one.

Didn't get around to that tune up yesterday as it was raining but if the weather holds out, I'll be out there getting greasy. I love motorcycle maintanence. Dirty cheap, easy and it's so satisfying.

Heat index of 92 here already. :angry: It's going to get up to 97 or so actual temp with a HI well into the 100s. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.