• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good news, Dinner, and a Review

BlankTim

Okay, first the good news. I don't think I've told anyone here, figured it's just my cross to carry, but I about 4 months ago I was diagnosed with Hodgekin's Lymphoma. Sucks, but if ya gotta get a cancer, this is the one to get. Easily treatable, and excellent 5 year survivablity rate ~90%.

Anyway, as of today, I am officialy tumor, and thus cancer, free. Still have another couple Chemo treatments and a radiation treatment after, but otherwise good to go.
It's been my only bright spot all week. :(

So, I thought I'd celebrate with dinner - Steak and Taters are always good,. right? :love:
food.gif

And a nice little cigar to enjoy after.
No idea what the hell it is, other than it's from a Trinidad 3-pack I picked up at the local B&M. I picked up two of them. They came in a nice plastic carrying case I thought would be handy for lugging cigars around to parties and such.

Anyway..
cigar.gif

The cigar smelled great out of my tupperdor, and lit easily. It burned well. Piss poor draw though. It felt like I was sucking on a clogged straw.

Now my palate is what I would refer to as highly uneducated so I'm sure this was all my fault, but all I could taste was a *very* light cedar, a slight meaty taste, which was probably my dinner, and a even slight coffee taste. I did have a cup but not until I was about halfway through the cigar, so I think it's safe to assume the taste was coming from the 'gar.

I have 5 more of these sitting in the 'dor, and I'm going to let them rest another month or two before I try one again, at this point though, I'd have to say I won't be buying anymore of em. They're just not my thing.

Sorry to hear of your health issues Tim. Stay strong and keep a positive attitude it really makes a difference. I know it helped me through my prostate cancer. Good luck and God bless!

Sorry you did not enjoy the cigar. I actually like that brand even though it is a little on the strong side.

Great to hear about your recovery Tim. I pray that it all works out. :thumbs:

PS: Thanks for the review!

Great to hear everything is going well Tim! Hope for a speedy recovery. and too bad on that smoke. I say you dig deep in the humi to make up for it. ;) It's not too late. Be well

Glad to hear you are cancer free!

Let the Trinis rest for a while and give em another try!
I try not to judge a smoke by solely one experience.

Stay healthy bro!

-Rob

Hey man

Good luck with everything regarding the cancer. Seems you're taking it well. I sincerely mean that. I had a little malignant melanoma but was able to be removed after a couple small surgeries.

Nice review!

The best of health to you and yours.

If you are already storing at 65% then a few more weeks ought to dry those Trinis out.

If not, you might want to:
a. lower the RH in your tupper,
b. salt test your hygrometer,
c. If you don't already have them, get Viper's beads.
$10 worth saves mucho worries, mate. And go with the 65% beads. Cigars burn and taste better at that RH.

Just my .02 Take it or leave it. Stay tumor free, dude.

Tim glad to hear that you are doing well. Now about that cigar, I thought you got some nice cigars in you newbie trade?

Tim glad to hear that you are doing well. Now about that cigar, I thought you got some nice cigars in you newbie trade?

Hehehe, <barry white>Ohhh yea</barry white>

I'm savin those for a *real* special occasion though. Like when I meet my next ex-wife ;)

Thanks for all the prayers and best wishes everyone, it really does mean a lot. :blush:

Currently the tupperdor is running around 70% to 73% not sure why it's swinging so much, ambient in the house is in the 40's most days.
I have Vipers 60% beads and I'm using a 1/2lb of those in a bead sock. I think I may need to let them dry out a bit to bring down the humidity in the 'dor a bit. I think I'll leave them out all night and see how it goes over the next week.

I've salt tested my hygro, also from Viper, like a zillion times and I can't seem to get it adjusted right. It *never* wants to hold 75% in my testing container, a nice heavy pickle jar, 73 or 77 sure, but not 75. I've tried removing the battery and re-adjusting the knob so I had more wiggle room, but it hasn't helped any. Not sure what else to do with the darn thing except chuck it and get a new one.

Hehehe, <barry white>Ohhh yea</barry white>

I'm savin those for a *real* special occasion though. Like when I meet my next ex-wife ;)

Thanks for all the prayers and best wishes everyone, it really does mean a lot. :blush:

Currently the tupperdor is running around 70% to 73% not sure why it's swinging so much, ambient in the house is in the 40's most days.
I have Vipers 60% beads and I'm using a 1/2lb of those in a bead sock. I think I may need to let them dry out a bit to bring down the humidity in the 'dor a bit. I think I'll leave them out all night and see how it goes over the next week.

I've salt tested my hygro, also from Viper, like a zillion times and I can't seem to get it adjusted right. It *never* wants to hold 75% in my testing container, a nice heavy pickle jar, 73 or 77 sure, but not 75. I've tried removing the battery and re-adjusting the knob so I had more wiggle room, but it hasn't helped any. Not sure what else to do with the darn thing except chuck it and get a new one.

Those bad boys are for smoking! Now get to smoking and let me know what you liked and maybe the cigar fairy will visit you! :laugh:

Tim,

Good to hear that you're beating this thing. :thumbs: Nice that you're able to start enjoying the sticks again.

Best,
Wilkey

Happy to hear that things are working out for you. Screw the cigar, you got your life back!

That's great news, Tim! Now, get yer arse up here for the next HERF! The cigar fairy is well traveled.

Nice review, and its really good to hear you're feeling better. :thumbs:

Tim, its a bummer to hear about the cancer, but I'm happy as hell to hear that your free of it. Go hit up some Fat Tire and some slopes. Wish I was back in CO. Def. let those beads air out.