• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good non-alcoholic drinks to go with cigars?

marcsheldon said:
NullSmurf said:
Chocolate milk. Not the grocery store stuff, but mixed with syrup or Ovatine.
[snapback]296290[/snapback]​

i read that from someone on here awhile back and tried it the other night with a graygliff expresso. very, very nice. i highly recomend it. i also like an ibc root beer cream soda.
[snapback]296320[/snapback]​

I second the Cream Soda. IMO it has to be IBC,...it's the best and probably one of the easiest to find. Had a La Gloria Cubana with a cream soda the other night,.... :thumbs:

Cappucino, Espresso or Latte or Mocha, hard to beat any of those with a cigar. Other than the Espresso the others are less hard than coffee. But, in the end I would learn how to drink coffee, it's the best. Casa Fuente has awesome French pressed coffee BTW.

I may be a weirdo, but I enjoy Cherry Coke with my cigars. But most of the time I drink Dr. Pepper with them. I stay off the hard stuff. :laugh:

depending on the weather, coffee is good in the cold.

iced tea works in hot weather :)

in the afternoon... an espresso

in the evening... a mojito

:thumbs:

Well, you all suggested Dr. Pepper, so a few nights ago I smoked a Hoyo de Monterrey "Excalibur" with a Dr. Pepper and it was pretty good :) Still wanna find some birch beer cause that sounds awsome..... :cool:

A nice cup of Killer Beans coffee. Espresso is good too. I don't care for anything very sweet with my cigar (with the exception of port), so I steer away with some of the fru-fru coffe-like drinks :0 and sugared soft drinks. If I really want to taste the cigar and analyze what I am getting out of it...I drink water.

For me sweet drinks seem to get in the way of the flavor of the cigar. Coffee is my number one drink, followed by iced tea.
I cant drink water with a cigar, for some reason it just tastes bad, like smoke flavored water. (note-never ever ever drink bong water, if the situation arises your judgement is most like impaired, but just say no!)
What I do for a strong cigar, or if I will be smoking for a long time, is sip a small amount of cranberry juice, then a drink of water to rinse the cranberry juice out. Complicated, but it works for me. But cranberry juice does not go well with a cigar, I only sip it to cleanse my pallete.

Qualls07 said:
(note-never ever ever drink bong water, if the situation arises your judgement is most like impaired, but just say no!)
..............................then a drink of water to rinse the cranberry juice out. Complicated, but it works for me. But cranberry juice does not go well with a cigar, I only sip it to cleanse my pallete.
[snapback]299744[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sign: Good advice.

Usually I have a pepsi with my evening commute smoke. Like KB said, it does tend to burn a little (carbonation + tingly cigar mouth = burn), but its not too bad. I find it cleanses the palate enough so I can "start fresh" with my next puff.

Lots of great suggestions here though, and several that I will try!

I have done the chocolate milk + padron '64, and it was quite nice.

I tried some Hot chocolate with a cigar. It was interesting to say the least. I forgot what cigar it was.

I already know I'm different so no need to make any more comments about it. I like Schwepps Bitter Lemon over ice with a smoke in the summer.

Chocolate milk with a cigar is quite possibly the best combination I've ever had.

San Pellegrino's Sanbitter for me most of the time. It's like bitters though non-alcoholic, a bitter flavor that does a lot to clean the palate. Good luck finding it.

Coors

Oh.....wait.........you said "good"

Nevermind.

Going along with chocolate beverages,...Yoo-Hoo paired very well with my PAM a few nights ago.

When I smoke at lunch, I usually go with a can of Vanilla Coke. Although, the birch beer sounds like it's worth a try. As long as you're not headed back to work or school, try coke + a well hidden flask. I'm not telling you what to put in the flask, but it served me well several years back. :whistling: