• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good non-alcoholic drinks to go with cigars?

Jam. Blue Mnt. coffee or another good roast - or just a coke!

Coke tends to go better with most ISOM's.

Coffe with NC's.

my 2c!

good question - I'll have to try the coco milk!

As long as you're not headed back to work or school, try coke + a well hidden flask. I'm not telling you what to put in the flask, but it served me well several years back. :whistling:

I'm going to second that!!!
David

OK, my fave. Lapsang Souchong tea. A proper cuppa tea from a proper copper pot.. :)

Lapsang Souchong is a heavily smoked tea, that tastes like tarred rope.. a heavy smoky aroma similar to the smell of Latakia tobacco, or a good (Texas) barbeque pit..

It has a deep taste of pine, which gives it a resiny undernote, beneath the smoke, and the clean black bitter woody highland tips (pan fired till they curl, then smoked over smoldering fires in baskets) .. have a long enduring finish that floats the smoke from your palate to your nose and back..

If there's a tea for cigar smokers, this is it. A short, strong, spicy smoke, and a small pot of lapsang souchong, and an intellectually stimulating periodical, with interesting artwork. :p

O'Doul's Amber really is not too bad for a non-alcoholic beer. I have been enjoying these with mid to full strength cigars. By no means a substitute for the real thing, but good.

So, when you're not in a position to consume alcohol but want something to drink with your cigar,

Got milk?

I started drinking milk with A&C's back in the day and still enjoy it today if it's a "school night" with some dark chocolate on the side.

I like to smoke while drinking a 7-up or Sprite. It doesnt mess with the flavor of the cigar, but it kinda refreshes the palate :p.

I havent thought of using Tonic Water but i will try it.

I think ginger ale and Cameroon-wrapped cigars were made for each other. They both have that pleasant zing on the tip of your tongue.

O'Doul's Amber really is not too bad for a non-alcoholic beer. I have been enjoying these with mid to full strength cigars. By no means a substitute for the real thing, but good.

I tried Hershey's chocolate syrup and milk with a RP vintage 1990 on Friday night. 16oz of milk and 4 tbsp of syrup.

:thumbs:

ck

The thought of drinking just water while enjoying a smoke never appealed to me until recently. I tried it for the first time last week (instead of a beer) and since then, that's all I've had with my smokes. For me, it's got to be ICE COLD water with cubes in the glass. The water seems to be refreshing in my mouth and cleanses my palette very well. It also allows me to get the pure tobacco flavors from the cigar. I'm sure I'll still occasionally have a beer with my smokes, but for now, water is my first choice. I never thought that would have been the case.

I've just discovered Birch Beer and other quality Root Beers do go well with some cigars. My 10 yr old son got me into trying different ones lately so naturally I started pairing them with my cigars. Next, I look forward to trying some of the Ginger Ales/Brews and Beers I've seen with some Cameroons to see how that works out. Sounds good though.

Wait a minute, there are non-alcoholic drinks out there...when did this happen? ???

I'm not a coffee drinker either, but I just tried a slightly sweet ice cappaccino that comes in bottles last night and it really went well with the cigar.

Coffee is my number one choice, followed by Dr. Pepper. But in colder months, nothing beats hot chocolate for me. Seriously! Try a piping hot cup with a Drew Estate Java.

Hot or iced coffee or tea, or plain ol' iced well water for me.

I'm now about half chocolate milk and half Propel Fitness Water - really cold!

Black Cherry Soda over crushed ice paired with a Maduro is just Mana...

*edit* I just noticed I posted this combo once before in this thread... can you tell I really really like it? lol