• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got my ride

Congratulations Bruce!

Now for the stupid question: Is this yours, or did you go for a flight in it?

*EDIT - After reading the below posts, I'll assume that you bought this. That is a damn big accomplishment. I can't even imagine how you must feel, so I can only say congratulations, again!
biggrin.gif
You giving out rides in that thing?
wink.gif

A hole different perspective from the gunners hatch huh? Well done Bruce!
smile.gif

Ya got more guts than I do. You wouldn't catch me riding around in a 67 year old bucket of vibrating rivets.
I figure I've cashed in all my good luck chits. :laugh:

Doc.

That is awesome Bruce, looks like you had a great ride. We had a retired Brig. Gen in our church when I was a teenager who flew those in the Pacific theater. He had some great stories and loved that plane dearly. Two questions:

1) Would they let you smoke on the plane?
2) Did they actually let you shoot those 50cals? I didn't know if you went over water and could let loose a couple of rounds or not.

Ya got more guts than I do. You wouldn't catch me riding around in a 67 year old bucket of vibrating rivets.
I figure I've cashed in all my good luck chits.
laugh.gif

Doc.

The staffer in the aft cabin told us on the ground, "don't worry about the kicking, sputtering, and smoking of the engines. They're supposed to do that". Now I know that 1940 vintage 1800HP radial engines ARE supposed to do that. They do NOT like to idle. I doubt my 4 cabin mates knew, though. They sure did sing at 60% power though.

Moe, all the weapons are inert by law.

Now that looked like fun Bruce. I really loved the view from the gunner spot.

Joe G

Looks like big fun. I'm surprised the gun mount let you swing on the tail.

Old planes are cool!

Very cool Bruce thanks for sharing. I remember seeing a few of them back in the late 80's when the local airport used to have airshows and my grandfather would take me. Man, I miss them and him in a big way.

The B-25 is a beautiful plane. Billy Mitchell and his gang knew how to use them and so did all the rest of the aircrews who flew them in combat.

Cheers to you.

Very cool Bruce thanks for sharing. I remember seeing a few of them back in the late 80's when the local airport used to have airshows and my grandfather would take me. Man, I miss them and him in a big way.

The B-25 is a beautiful plane. Billy Mitchell and his gang knew how to use them and so did all the rest of the aircrews who flew them in combat.

Cheers to you.
I thought it was Spencer Tracy and Van Johnson.

Doc.

Now that is one hell of a way to celebrate a birthday! Congratulations Bruce, you looked like a little kid who just discovered pop!

Awesome!! That is a once in a lifetime expierience. It would be real sweet if you could shoot those big guns. Very cool Bruce. Good for you!!
thumbs-up.gif

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Dad worked on B-26's and P-47's during the war. I grew up listening to WWII history. Would have loved to have been with you on that flight. :thumbs:

Looks like a perfect day for you my friend. I know you deserved it.

p.s. I just picture you walking around with 50 cals most of the time anyway :laugh: