• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Greenies

gregor22

Woof!
One specialty drink unique to Northeast Minneapolis is the Greenie and its cousin, the Pinkie

These are served at the Tony Jaros' River Garden on Marshall Avenue at the intersection with Lowry Avenue NE.

This recipie was available at Surdyk's liquor for many years along with the Sun Glo limeade mix. (http://www.surdyks.com/)

The Greenie
- Fill a 16 ounce glass with ice

Add:
- 1 jigger (1 1/2 ounces) vodka
- 1/3 package of Bartenders Dry Collins Mix
- 1 Tablespoon (1/2 ounce ) Limeade syrup*

Fill remaining glass with Lemon Sour

*The limeade syrup used to be sold under the Sun-Glo name. It might be available at restaurant supply stores or warehouse stores. This is what gives the greenie the distinctive color and flavor of Lime Popsicles.

For Pinkies, use Pink lemonade syrup in place of the limeade syrup.

:cool:

Vodka and Tonic would be just fine, thank you.

Doc.

Tastes like green cool aid and after three or four you are on your lips, I use double the vodka.

Interesting....but not for me. I'll go with vodka with a splash fo lime juice though...the others just look like i'd end up with a stomach ache.

Mmmm...Greenies. My dog loves em, although I've read that they're super dangerous to dog's intestinal tracts.

greenies_sizes.gif

Why deal with all that fake shit?

2oz vodka
4oz lime juice
7UP

Fill tall glass with ice, add vodka, add lime juice, fill with 7UP. Add more Vodka or less lime to taste.

Sounds like it would go good with an acid cigar. If you smoke those things. :whistling:

Why deal with all that fake shit?

2oz vodka
4oz lime juice
7UP

Fill tall glass with ice, add vodka, add lime juice, fill with 7UP. Add more Vodka or less lime to taste.

Done! (Ok, add an Olive) :D

Being the simpleton that I am, my favorite vodka drink is:

1 part Swedish vodka
1 part spring water
1 crushed lime wedge
Serve on the rocks