• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

grrrr getting sick after smoking

Doesn't a 'dry' cigar make the smoke more harsh? Someone gave me a cigar, it felt a little dry, but I torched it anyway......... tasted like dry paper and upset my stomach pretty bad.

The spit idea sounds pretty good. And I seem to really like my cigars with a tall cold glass of my kids favorite flavored Kool-Aid. Sugar seems to do something with the smoke, taste buds, salivation, and stomach issues. Don't know what, but that's my experiences.

A cigar making you sick after smoking it might also be the wife getting her revenge for you spending her ashtray money on a stogie :p

M. Gipson :thumbs:

Just like Lucasbuck I haven't got a buzz for a long time. The effects now I get are very tolerable and almost pleasure from a good rich cigar.
Never got sick though.

Dawn said:
thats true too if i have a strong smoke i make sure i spit several times too. not very lady like though LOL
Dawn, my friend, you have left be in a tough spot here. I, being a gentleman as well as a religious man, have been given an opening to let you have it on this quote, not to mention the "power herf" coment.

What to do, what to do......

Well, I guess I can just leave it at: A lady should never power herf and swallow, always better to spit!

How was that, not too over the top, but still a little fun... :p

Here's a piece of advice, never, under any circumstances, no matter what, smoke a Joya de Nicaragua Antano. Trust me. Tony Bones can vouch.

I'll assume that's one of their stronger cigars?

Never had one before - but I'd be willing to put it to a test. I've handled Partagas Blacks before without incident, so I assume this couldn't be much worse.

Dave

Partagas Blacks used to be one of my favorite cigars. I'm guessing the Antano's are much stronger. The Blacks are one of the few strong cigars that I really found tasty. I'm not big on smokes that blow you away with power but offer little in flavor.

Dumb question, what's to power herf? Also, the dip you guys refer to, is that the tobacco that people put between their gums and lips? I see lots of brokers at my job have these shoe polish tins with the stuff inside. They pinch some and shove it inside their lips. They gave me some to try and the stuff is nnnnasty... Was salivating for like 5 minutes after I took it out of my mouth. That stuff is nasty...

cohibin, yes dip is the stuff that comes in a can and is placed between your lip and gum. I used to enjoy it, but it is an ugly habit, you will spit alot and you will have little black specks in your teeth unless you brush after.
Bryan :thumbs:

Never smoke cigars on empty stomach, early mornings you will get dizzy, like the first drunk you ever pulled, guaranteed., eat before any sitting... :thumbs: ..Becky

Cohibin said:
Dumb question, what's to power herf? Also, the dip you guys refer to, is that the tobacco that people put between their gums and lips? I see lots of brokers at my job have these shoe polish tins with the stuff inside. They pinch some and shove it inside their lips. They gave me some to try and the stuff is nnnnasty... Was salivating for like 5 minutes after I took it out of my mouth. That stuff is nasty...
Yes that is dip or snuff.

Power herf is to smoke a cigar quickly

JoeInvest said:
Dawn said:
Joe, you are an evil evil man!! LMFAO!
:love:
So many guys could have played that one "to the hilt", and had a LOAD of fun with it. Now see what you did Joe, went and shot down the whole wad by being Mr Clean :p

DaveWF said:
I'll assume that's one of their stronger cigars?

Never had one before - but I'd be willing to put it to a test. I've handled Partagas Blacks before without incident, so I assume this couldn't be much worse.

Dave
Antano is hands down the strongest cigar I have smoked. Second would be a Diplo#2 and third would be a power ranger. The Blacks don't even compare.

Emo

jeez i must have been asking to get sick. i smoked those cigars in the morning on an empty stomach after i had coffee and i didnt spit. i finished them in about 30 minutes so i dont know if that is slow or not. at least i know what not to do now.

cohibin, yes dip is the stuff that comes in a can and is placed between your lip and gum. I used to enjoy it, but it is an ugly habit, you will spit alot and you will have little black specks in your teeth unless you brush after.

man i dont know how people can do that stuff. you might as well chew cancer gum.

yeah you were saking for it LOL but i have power herfed several times won alot but puked alot LOL