• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Had my first glass of Scotch last night.

You seem to have forgotten the Islay/Island/Speyside whisky completely and since there are only 3 lowland distilleries still producing with none being known for being smoky or peaty I'd like to know where you got your information. IMO this is the worst kind of advice because all your facts are wrong. :angry:

The thing to remember with scotch is that there are two basic kinds, highland (flowery, heather) and lowland (smokey and peaty) the highlands are easy to drink and light (like a good Macanudo) and the lowlands are deep rich and complex (like a good maduro).

Mark

My most humble apologies if I am wrong. My info may be out dated as I havent been in the industry for 10+ years :blush: . Please tell me Talisker is still producing inthe Isle of Skye ( I think). a great Peaty one IMH(often wrong) O.

Mark

Talisker still looks to be producing there. I prefer for the peaty malts Laphraoig as my Peaty beast thats done right. :thumbs:

Sorry for the bad opinion/misinformation. Thank God Talisker still exists! I will now keep quite on scotch(read More, post only what you know is true) :blush: I'm gonna go have a home brew.

Mark

Talisker is still being made on Skye, the only distillery on the island and it is still a smokey peaty mouthful :thumbs:

I just can't get into the super peaty drams. I enjoy a little peat, but when all I taste is campfire in my scotch, I lose interest. I love whisk(e)y of all types, but good single malt scotch just has a different feel than all the others.

Also, IMHO, ice=blasphemy. The cold takes away from the bouquet.

I just can't get into the super peaty drams. I enjoy a little peat, but when all I taste is campfire in my scotch, I lose interest. I love whisk(e)y of all types, but good single malt scotch just has a different feel than all the others.

Also, IMHO, ice=blasphemy. The cold takes away from the bouquet.

Saw a master distiller on one of the food networks who completely agreed with you. I got interested in the Islays after acquiring a taste for JWBlack which seems to have a little more Islay than Highland. A nice transition is Lowland and Campbeltowns

not to thread jack, but if any of you guys are in RI, specifically in Wakefield, RI, stop by the Mews Tavern (was there this past friday) they have over 200 different single malts, all from 10yr to 21yr old available.
Rob.

edit to correct info