• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hate to do this...

Greg, was the game ever sent out to him, or do you still have it?
He was last active on Steam 4 days ago...

That is amazing. When he said last year he pondered cutting and running instead of completing his business that should have been the end of it.

That and then the family problems did not come until a day or 2 after I called. ;) I got his girl friend or wife. I explained to her what had happened and she was horrified. Then boom Jamie shows up in the next day or two with his story. I also said wow after he made the statement of cut and run. At that time I decided I would not deal with him. :angry:

Hey Don, since you seemed to have luck with his better half the last time, maybe try again? If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!

I received a letter in the mail today from Jamie along with a check paying me for L4D2. He apologized saying he thought his g/f had put it in the mail last month and happened to come across it. He also went on to say the memory in his computer went out, had to send it off, received it back, and then his video card went out. He's now waiting for it to come back again, only has access to email at his work, but should be up and running again soon.

Wow! Quit giving the run around and man up! Just like my football coach used to tell the team, "excuses are like assholes, everybody has them and they all stink!" Wasn't he just recently online playing this game? Thought you or swissy confirmed that? I give everybody the benefit of the doubt, more benefit than doubt. Par3 and I had many conversations about shit like this. I would like to give this guy the benefit, but given past history I see through this last attempt at making things right by corresponding thru the mail. Good one, tho.

Now, will the check be good Greg? ???

That explanation makes a lot of sense actually. I would guess that part of the explanation for his lack of communication lies in living zombification, he was likely possessed by a voodoo witch doctor. He was probably connecting to steam via dark magic he learned from the voodoo witch doctor, cocknmouf. We should let him back on and apologize to him because he wasn't responsible for his actions during this time, it was all cocknmouf forcing him to play online video games for some unknown nefarious purpose rather than replying on CP to allegations of scumbaggery.

Glad you received your check Greg.

However, the story he gave you about his computer going out is 100% complete BULLSHIT. He's been on Yahoo Messenger steadily, and has been ignoring my IM's. Therefore, I guess someone else is using his Yahoo Messenger account... :rolleyes:

Here is the raw connection log from Jamie's IP address. You'll notice he logged in and voted in a Poll started by S/S on Dec 11, 2009. Looks like he also has a second account, another violation of rules. His other account is pkeane.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Host Address for 74.237.19.107
IP address resolves to adsl-074-237-019-107.sip.asm.bellsouth.net

Members using that IP when REGISTERING
Name Email Posts IP Registered pkeane melc313@yahoo.com 0 74.237.19.107 Jan 10 2009 08:04 AM jy0567 jy0567@yahoo.com 665 74.237.19.107 Aug 24 2008 08:28 AM

Members using that IP when POSTING
Name Email IP Posted View Secret Santa null@thenorthpole.com 198.92.229.34 Nov 22 2009 10:08 AM View Post jy0567 jy0567@yahoo.com 74.237.19.107 Jan 11 2009 01:51 PM View Post

Members using that IP when VOTING
Name Email IP First Used View Secret Santa null@thenorthpole.com 198.92.229.34 Dec 11 2009 07:31 PM View Poll jy0567 jy0567@yahoo.com 74.237.19.107 Oct 03 2008 05:05 PM View Poll

Members using that IP when EMAILING
Name Email IP First Used No Matches Found

Members using that IP when VALIDATING
Name Email IP First Used No Matches Found

This IP address was also found...
Name Database Table IP First Used jy0567 message_posts 74.237.19.107 Jul 22 2009 12:28 PM

Rod's post makes me wonder. Why hadn't he logged on since 12/11? Jamie was as active here as any of us. If he went nearly two weeks without logging on (The time between his last login and when Greg posted this thread), maybe there was something wrong with his computer.

For the purposes of this community I suppose what matters is that he made a commitment and handled it poorly. Still, I wonder...

Amazing what comes to the surface! He was given plenty of latitude and was unable to make good on a commitment here in public on CP.

Of course it all doesn't matter as he had a second account which makes the banning all the more justified.

Sad it comes to this......

Glad I read this before heading to the PO! Greg, if the check bounces, lemme know. I know you are going to resist, but I will insist! (Rhyme, though poor was intentional)

Wish I could afford to fix my desktop bud, but at the moment it looks like all my money and OT money is being shunted towards a certain ring.

Rod's post makes me wonder. Why hadn't he logged on since 12/11? Jamie was as active here as any of us. If he went nearly two weeks without logging on (The time between his last login and when Greg posted this thread), maybe there was something wrong with his computer.

For the purposes of this community I suppose what matters is that he made a commitment and handled it poorly. Still, I wonder...

IMO I would buy this more if he wasn't active on messenger/steam during the 'my computer is broken' period. I don't think you can do a lot of online gaming with a broken computer and even if you could I have a feeling you could still reply to a message if you wanted to.

maybe one time was legitimate for what happened, but when it happens again, just raises my eyebrows in suspicion. running out of excuses or just shitty luck...

If you always tell the truth, you won't have to remember exactly what you said.

Jamie was trouble when I dealt with him. He is trouble now. I don't think he is a bad guy but I also wouldn't give him a second chance. CP is better off without him.

-Mark

Greg,
Check clear?
He is due some sticks from our fantasy league.
After requesting advice from "above"
They will be coming your way and that's final.

Smoke em, send em to the troops, bomb a newb, I don't care.

Matt

Greg,
Check clear?
He is due some sticks from our fantasy league.
After requesting advice from "above"
They will be coming your way and that's final.

Smoke em, send em to the troops, bomb a newb, I don't care.

Matt

Hey Matt! Well many thanks for sending smokes! I dropped the check off and haven't heard anything about it bouncing so far. I'll definitely post if something does happen.

On a different note, I bought the game for XBOX and I am not impressed. Maybe I need to try it online.

I am amazed when I read these threads. As someone else said, I don't get how a person is willing to sack his reputation for $34.

I am also amazed at how some of you guys can find people and track them through thin air.....good work!

Greg, I hope the check is good

I can't believe how many generous people are on CP. This might be a newbie thing to say but, honestly if I had more then 10 cigars in my humidor I would send some of you guys a few gifts. I am glad I found this website. You are all true gentlemen!