• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hey, knife guys.... what's your EDC? I need a new one!

I have a few Böker knives. Including this one.

110139dam.jpg

For everyday carry I have a Gerber 400

05500-1.jpg

Gotta give credit to the guys with the 300 dollar plus knives. I've never been able to bring myself to spend that much, although I have bought several 300 dollar boxes of cigars.

Just an unsuredness if they are really worth the extra coin, compared to a better (not best) Sog, Spyderco, Benchmade.
So, my question is if you have had the ones I mention, and also the 300 and up knives, and can easily say, hell yeah, they are worth it. Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to handle any Sebenza's and comparable knives.

... and HERE is my dream knife :love:

:cool:

Thats a mighty fine dream knife, I can say HI to it for you when I get to the Outlaw today if you like.
We have that exact knife for sale at the store.

I have over a dozen knives that I carry at different times but my favorite right now is from Sniper Bladeworks, its a small company started by a customer and friend of mine.
Mini LPC

Hopefully that link will work for anyone, if not i will post a pic of the knife later.

OH DAMN!!! do I dare to even to ask how much??? :whistling::laugh:

Okay, I'll play...

Charles Marlowe, will prove to be one of the best knifemakers of all time.
http://marloweknives.com/
Sheath work is done by me, I do all his kydex sheath work.

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

HAK, no longer available, somehow I find them, this is my current favorite, I did the kydex sheath.

PICT0051.jpg

A.T. Barr, this one I designed and coerced him into making. If you can afford and get your hands on an A.T. you will never be disappointed.
This one is full custom, file worked back spacer with diamonds set in, jeweled thumb stud on one side and custom stud on the other, anodized liners and filework. Cost me an arm and a leg and is irreplaceable as he swore never to make such a thing again.

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

standard.jpg

From Left to Right:

No-name Butterfly Knife I bought for practicing one-handed opening/closing.

Benchmade Switchback (discontinued), everyday carry for Business Casual dress (this is my everyday knife)

Benchmade miniAFCK (discontinued), Probably 10 years old, used for chores around the house, time in the shop...this knife as been through hell. It's very tough, although I have worn off most of the black on the blade.

Benchmade Griptillian - Recent addition. Travel knife. I was going back and forth to the same place, so I just left myself a stash of airplane unfriendly stuff there...Wasn't sure if somebody would steal it or not, so I didn't want to leave anything too expensive. As it turned out, it survived several trips and I brought it home on the last one. By the 3rd trip, the stash was stable at this knife, some reference books, a small fan and a bottle of Jim Beam.

Chris Reeve Mnandi - A very generous gift from my lovely wife, Merry. Carry it to work (office), but generally don't cut anything other than apples with it...it's butter smooth and scalpel sharp. It's a great apple peeler. I've opened boxes with it, but that's like driving your Ferrari to the grocery store....

Gerber Suspension (multi-tool, top) - A great $30 multi-tool that I have seriously abused. I used it to turn a valve by jamming the plier nose into the handle and then used a bar for leverage between the hand grips to turn the valve. I'm surprised it didn't snap in half. There is a little play in the hinge now, but it still works fine. All the blades lock and it has a nice Fisker scissor tool. The pouch it came with completely fell apart on the 2nd day, so I replaced it with a very bullet-proof cellphone case I found at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Gerber Multi Tool (older version of the FLiK) - Had this one for years, it's cool because I can open the pliers one-handed. Handy for doing chores inside the house.

Buck 650 - Our boat knife. I've pounded it through many pieces of wood, used it to tear up pallets for firewood and generally treated it very unkindly. It still looks new and will take an amazingly sharp edge for such a big knife.

I've since bought a small axe that we know take camping and stuff. It's solid metal and works better to split wood. It doubles as our stake hammer. I had a Buck 110 back in the day. lost it and replaced it with a Case Shark (very similar) that I still have somewhere. I've also made a bunch of knives from kits that we use around the house, including the one we have by the fireplace to split 2x4 scraps that come out of the shop.

Benchmade gets a big thumbs up from me. They are strong, sturdy and will hold a good edge. The new Axis locking mechanism is very tough. The old liner-locks were good, but can fail under extreme pressure. I've had my AFCK fail once in the 10 years I've been using it (I was way over stressing it, I'm sure). Fortunately, I had gloves on at the time.

I must be Old School. I carry a 3 blade folding Schrade Old Timer.I can skin any game I need to from a deer on down, and I keep it sharp enough to shave with. I grew up in the hills of W Va and was always doing something in the woods. Have carried since I was 9 or so.

A good deal on a CRKT knife right now on this site: DEAL
edit to add: It's a CRKT Kommer 30-30 Knife for $24.99

... and HERE is my dream knife :love:

Thats a mighty fine dream knife, I can say HI to it for you when I get to the Outlaw today if you like.
We have that exact knife for sale at the store.

I have over a dozen knives that I carry at different times but my favorite right now is from Sniper Bladeworks, its a small company started by a customer and friend of mine.
Mini LPC

Hopefully that link will work for anyone, if not i will post a pic of the knife later.

OH DAMN!!! do I dare to even to ask how much??? :whistling::laugh:

Well it seems the one we have is the same material as that one but theres a slight difference, it has a 24kt gold inlay with a diamond stud in it.
It goes for about $875.

I used to carry a $300 left handed Sebenza and smoke a $2 cigar now I carry a $25 Victorinox SAK and smoke $15 cigars. Not sure what happened.

Well, I have WAY too many to list. My daily varies on the day. My favorites are my Daltons. I also occasionally carry a Howard Viele Thorn.

Okay, I'll play...

Charles Marlowe, will prove to be one of the best knifemakers of all time.
http://marloweknives.com/
Sheath work is done by me, I do all his kydex sheath work.

Hmmmm... I need a few kydex sheaths made. Can we talk???

[
HAK, no longer available, somehow I find them, this is my current favorite, I did the kydex sheath.

A.T. Barr, this one I designed and coerced him into making. If you can afford and get your hands on an A.T. you will never be disappointed.
This one is full custom, file worked back spacer with diamonds set in, jeweled thumb stud on one side and custom stud on the other, anodized liners and filework. Cost me an arm and a leg and is irreplaceable as he swore never to make such a thing again.

This..... I like!!!

PICT0073.jpg

[

Hey Kiltlad, could you go back through your post and edit the images out? You can just take the image tags out, it adds a ton of bulk to the page to quote so many pics. Also, you'd be more likely to get a reply if you shot him a PM. Just some tips!

I seem to have lost my Leek. I'll probably get another one to replace it, I've been very, very happy with that knife.