• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holidays are just around the corner........

carddoug

Banned
And that means one thing for me, Pumpkin beers!

Just wanted to know which ones everyne likes?

I just had a Sam Adams Pumpkin Beer and it was just ok. I'll definitely head to Total Wine and pick up some other Pumpkin beer brands. :)

For some reason, all Sam Adam's brews taste hallow to me, if that makes sense. In other words, most of their blends taste like they're missing something... Maybe I'm just getting too used to the hoppy beers.

I know what ya mean Rod. The only beer by sam I really really like is the winterfest. Don't get me wrong, I like the others but prefer plenty more brands.

I had no clue Sam made a pumpkin brew, I'll have to try it soon.

Try a the Blue Moon Pumpkin, it's called harvest pumpkin or something like that. I'm not a huge fan of the regular Blue Moon but I thought the harvest was pretty good.

Hmmm, wonder if Justin will post in this thread... ;) . A buddy and I drank a sixer of Uinta pumpkin ale over the weekend and I still have about 4 left from another sixer that I bought. Good stuff, a pretty easy session beer. I have two bottles of KRBC pumpkin ale that I haven't tried yet, and a bottle of Midnight Sun Treat pumpkin ale that I just bought (pricey though). Just saw DFH Punkin' Ale at a local vendor. Haven't had it in a couple years since I could never find any last season.

Pumpkin beers, oktoberfests, and the coming of seasonal stouts, barleywines, and winter warmers....tis a great time of the year my friends! And hockey is just about back!!!

Dogfish and Southern Tier are the two best out there, imo, and both very different.

I like DFH and Willamsburg Alewerks.

Just bought a bomber of Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin over the weekend. Can't wait to give it a try.

FWIW I'm not a huge Pumpkin Beer fan, but I agree, the Dog Fish Head and Southern Tier offerings are good. I'll also throw Smuttynose's Pumpkin Ale into the ring, another solid beer.

I don't mind DFH Punkin but to me it's kinda bland. I'm a fan of Weyerbacher, Sam Adams, and Heavy Seas pumpkin ales. TREAT is great as well but yeah it's kinda pricey and limited. Heavy Seas Great'er Pumpkin and Unita Oak Jacked are very nice barrel aged pumpkin ales.

Avery is putting out a rum barrel aged pumpkin ale in bottles this year called Rumpkin...I've had it on draft and it's great stuff. Not sure how widely it will be distributed but I plan to get some however I can.

If I see any, I'll let you know. Avery stuff is pretty easy to find around here. Sounds delicious, by the way.

If I see any, I'll let you know. Avery stuff is pretty easy to find around here. Sounds delicious, by the way.

Easy to get here too but they only made 500 cases of the stuff so I have a feeling it's going to be Colorado only...

I always get a couple of bottles of Pumking. Schlafly's pumpkin is pretty nice too.

Been drinking tons of Pumking and Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin lately. Shipyards pumkinhead is pretty good as well. Dogfish punkin ale is a little weak and lacking in my opinion.

My buddy loves Pumpkin beers and recommended O'Fallon.

My buddy loves Pumpkin beers and recommended O'Fallon.

I took a tour of O'Fallon with a bunch of homebrewers a few years back. We got to take beers straight off the fermentors. Pretty good when fresh. I picked up one of their Smoked beers one time and it tasted nasty but on the tour, I tried it fresh out of the fermentor and it was pretty damn tasty. OpusXKC saw me walk up to them during a Beer Festival in the KC area and they remembered me. So they let us pour our beers while others had to wait in line. :D