• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy Grail Pass

Okay, here is my first review from the pass

18 Quintero y Hno. Brevas

Okay, nice burn for a MM. Distinctive ISOM profile, but mild. Rates 87, points deducted for short filler.

I will try to smoke ALL the rest of 'em next week and have a comment for each one.

Glad you enjoyed the Quintero Hudson. The weather finally dried out around here so I enjoyed my first stick from the pass. Thought I'd start off with a stick I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with, so I fired up the Opus xXx. Nice solid smoke! It had everything we've come to expect in an Opus. Good burn, great spicy flavors. Excellent cigar.

I just had an Opus XXX today thanks to Alexgtp. And it is one of my favorite cigars now. It gave Alex a really good buzz after he was done with his. lol

Okay, right in the middle of my "week of smokes" from the pass. Since Mojo wanted comments on them I'll just put them here instead of Whatcha thread.

14 Punch Rare Corojo Rothchild
Wrapper was smooth and veinless but color was uneven. Had my doubts about this one before lighting. Wondered how it had been stored. But it was just fine with that corojo pungent flavor. But I would say given the chance to have a Trilogy corojo, this Punch, or the Camacho I would rate them:
1. Trilogy
2. Punch
3. Camacho

2 AF Short story
Smoked this around the table at JR's today. Really nice and smooth, great draw for such a short one. Woody and fragrant

5 Bolivar Fuerte Cuban Corona
This was a dom wasn't it? I was shocked at how goooood it was! I had a few Bolivars a few years ago and thought "dog rocket" Maybe I judged too soon. It was great construction and draw, nice and spicy. Nutty. Maybe this brand just needs age. How old was this one, Mojo?

17 Cohiba Siglo I (ISOM)
Oh me, oh my. I had a little trepidation before lighting this one up. I have come across fake Cohibas and this had the same exact color and texture as them. And the body of the cigar, when sqooze, had a little too much give I thought. But it was just perfect. Nice and creamy flavorful smoke, perfect to the end. The kind of cigar you almost feel like chewing instead of smoking, so delicious.

Hudson --

Thanks for posting the reviews. Sounds like you've enjoyed a number of the sticks you picked up from the pass. Yes, the Bolivar is a domestic. The cuban corona is the size. I've had a similar experience. Very nice smokes. I know they've gotten a lot of mixed reviews, but I haven't had but maybe 1 bad one out of a box or so. I'd say the one you got probably had about 6 months of age on it. I've also really enjoyed the Siglo I. Its definitely been one of the better Cubans I've had.

Okay, last three smokes from the pass:

12 Padron 5000
I dunno. I know a lot of folks here love the k series but they just don't do it for me. I would prefer either a fuma or a PAM. There are just too many other mediocre cigars to choose from to go out of my way to get these.

13 Punch Gran Puro Sierra
This one I was really looking forward to. The cello was pretty toned on this one. And it was just fine. Seems like the Punch doms are a pretty good standby. Not really a cigar that really grabs your attention, but just fine.

16 Flor de Olivia Grand Cameroon Figurado
What can I say? okay smoke, but sometimes the worst thing about a medium smoke is that it is not really noteworthy at all. Such was the case.

42 Sancho Panza Double Maduro Escudero (7.25 x 54)Cameroon Figurado
For a cheap smoke this'll do just fine. Will add this to the repertoire of good yard gars and commuter smokes. Pretty good flavor and not too nasty at the finish. Be good for lighting up when you are drifting for walleye, too!