• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy hand grenades, we just sold our house...!

that's awesome Tom, congrats on the sale, congrats on the build may it go smooth as silk.
send pics of the smoking room when done. matter of fact tell them to build that part first.

Congratulations, Tom. Our neighbor's house has been on the market for a long time now. It's not easy for sellers these days.

All the best on the build. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Congrats on the sale! I hope the build goes well and the builder does quality work. I've seen some pretty shoddy work by some of the high volume builders in Edmonton when I lived there and I hope you don't have the misfortune of dealing with people passing themselves off as true craftsmen.

I can't speak to what the requirements are for building where you live, but coming from a surveying technologist... I'd highly recommend hiring a professional land surveyor to ensure your new home is being built in the right place, with proper front and side yard setbacks to ensure you comply with local zoning regulations. Your builder may already deal with a firm for you as part of their package. I've seen enough instances where people want us to stake their property boundaries because they are building a new $20,000+ garage, but don't want to spend the $500 for the peace of mind that their new structure is in fact on their property and not encroaching on someone else's. It doesn't hurt either that a processional surveyor will carry liability insurance, so if they happen to be at fault for telling the builder to start construction in the wrong place, the surveyor's insurance will cover the costs associated with rectifying the problem.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with surveying in your state, but PM me if you have any questions about what I deal with. I'm certain there are some common issues regardless of the jurisdiction.

Congrats Tom! Sounds like everything is working out to your advantage.

Wow! What an adventure you're on Tom and wife. Best of luck to you and yours, look forward to seeing all the progress as it goes along.

Congrats on the sale and the new build. Hope all goes a smoothly as possible.

Congrats and I hope all goes well for you in this endeavor.

Very cool, congratulations!

It's a good feeling when the SOLD sign goes up. It's even better when the new home starts taking shape. Lots of work -- from picking the flooring, to the tile, to the paint. But the wife and I enjoyed every minute of it when we built 7 years ago. I hope you guys do as well!

Congrats on the sale, and on the new plans that include your man room.

Let's see I have family in Eugene and Spokane... ;)

I can't wait to see some pics!

-JImmy

but...but....but....

no more Casa BBS? ??? Where the hell am I gonna stay when I hit Vancouver/Portland now?!?? Pretty damn inconsiderate if ya ask me...

:p

but...but....but....

no more Casa BBS?
unsure.gif
Where the hell am I gonna stay when I hit Vancouver/Portland now?!?? Pretty damn inconsiderate if ya ask me...

tongue.gif
My brother, wait until you see the NEW and IMPROVED Casa B.B.S....!! Featuring a smoking room, a smoking porch, and all the awesome hospitality that made us a destination resort from the get go.....
laugh.gif

My dear wife wants to know when the heck you guys are coming again...??...!!

So when is the grand opening herf? :D Congratulations man, I know the housing market in WA didn't take quite the dump that it has in other areas of the US but its still a major win.

Congrats Tom, I hope the move goes smooth as possible....... :D :thumbs: :cool:

Thats's great, Congratulations.

I know thisemotional roller coaster all to well. I just sold my house and moved into our new home 2 weeks ago. It goes from this is great we sold our house, this is pretty cool. To oh sh*t!!! we sold our house what I am I going to do with all my junk? To this is pretty sweet we have a new house, to oh sh*t we have to fill this new house, paint etc. and round and round we go.

Congrats though, it is an exciting thing. Just be sure to pace yourself and don't take on too much too soon and when you feel stressed, hit up the humidor and 20 min later all will be well.

Best of luck on the transition and just remember in 6mos this will all be worth it. :thumbs:

Congrats Tom,

Glad to hear you are staying in the W A . I have always wanted to build my own home; congrats again on the opportunity and enjoy it. Congrats even more on selling the old home in this market!
~Ben

but...but....but....

no more Casa BBS?
unsure.gif
Where the hell am I gonna stay when I hit Vancouver/Portland now?!?? Pretty damn inconsiderate if ya ask me...

tongue.gif
My brother, wait until you see the NEW and IMPROVED Casa B.B.S....!! Featuring a smoking room, a smoking porch, and all the awesome hospitality that made us a destination resort from the get go.....:laugh:

My dear wife wants to know when the heck you guys are coming again...??...!!

new and improved? I likes the sound of that! But about that hospitality.... seems to me I don't remember breakfast in bed being served :0

:laugh:
We do need a trip down again - the niece is clammering for us to come visit and see the new nephew. But still not sure when the better half will be up for an extended plane ride...

Congrats!
It has always been my dream to have a house built the way I want it. Good luck with everything!