• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

House Blends

Jzaid84

I am working on some house blends for the shop. My last house blend was a huge success, but the supplier just couldn't keep up with my demands. Found a new supplier, that has access to much more tobacco, so sky is the limit.

We (myself and some of my regulars) tested 6 blends this past weekend. I narrowed it down to 3. I should be getting some "final" samples in to try early next week. Once I approve, production can start.

I would like opinions on my house blends, once complete and in production. It won't be for a month or so before I have a final product, but when I do, I would like some honest opinions from some BOTL's.

Between the 3 blends, I'll probably choose 2 blends to actually produce. These are the 2 blends that I would be giving out for sampling to some of you. If you are interested, let me know, and I'll keep your contact information to the side until the cigars are actually in. I think it'll be fun to see what some of you guys think. Please PM me or Email me that you are interested and I'll keep in touch with you as progression is made. I will limit this to 10 people, each will get 2 cigars.

Thanks!

If you really want authentic feedback, do this as a blind taste test. Ship a mixed 5er ( all unbanded ) , 2 of your house blend along with 3 established brands at a similar price point.

If you really want authentic feedback, do this as a blind taste test. Ship a mixed 5er ( all unbanded ) , 2 of your house blend along with 3 established brands at a similar price point.

You have a good point, actually. Never thought of it that way. Things to consider...

I'd be interested...

Make sure to number the cigars for the evaluation.

3 spots left, but you have to PM me to claim.

Please PM me or Email me that you are interested and I'll keep in touch with you as progression is made. I will limit this to 10 people, each will get 2 cigars.

This statement was in my original post...PM me.

10 Filled, thanks to those who replied. I'll be personally updating you guys as we progress.

An Update: The manufacturer contacted me yesterday informing me that the samples were sent out. I was expecting them to ship out Monday, so we are running 5 days late. I will take pictures when the samples arrive, I should have 3 different blends to try and sample. Out of the 3, again, I'll probably choose 2 to produce and carry in my store. These will be the 2 blends that the 10 CP members will get. Stay Tuned...

Do you have any information on the tobaccos or flavor profile expectancy?

10 Filled, thanks to those who replied. I'll be personally updating you guys as we progress.
Do you select the blends and/or do you have input from someone with experience? Also, did you acquire blending knowledge bit-by-bit or take a course?

Standing by patiently as always....... for the update........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

I know I am getting 2 Corojo samples, 2 Brazilian Maduro samples, and 2 Habano samples. All 3 blends have ligero from the highest priming, but also some seco filler as well. Fillers are a 3 country blend of Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Costa Rican tobaccos.

We were quite impressed with all 6 of the original samples we got, to be honest, but some stood out more than others. I personally chose the blends (wrapper, binder, filler) based on the tobacco available (lots of options). There was somewhat of a communication barrier there, but we eventually got on the same page.

All 3 blends will lean towards the "sweeter" and "richer" side of the spectrum with notes of coffee bean(espresso), a bitter-sweet chocolate, nutty notes, caramel, maple, honey/molasses, graham cracker (sweet bread), and leather. All blends won't have all of these flavors in the profile, but they'll be close. My goal was complexity...a line of cigars that will keep you interested and test the limits of your pallet. I hope these samples that I have coming meet my expectations....I am hard to please and I consider myself a perfectionist. I figure, if I'm not happy with it (with high standards) than my customers will think its crap too. Do it right the first time...stay tuned.

Due for an Update: Samples came in, and 2 blends were chosen. I decided to appeal to the masses, so I went with some "lighter" blends. However, very flavorful. I do not want to discuss blends, so I do not cause the reviews to have a bias towards or against the cigars they will be receiving.

Put the order in, and paid 50% to start production on Friday. Production has been stated to be 2 weeks. So...we wait.

Regards,

JZ