• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you smoke?

masterp0606

Like the title says how do you guys smoke your cigars. Do you inhale? I puff on mine, let a little out then french inhale sometimes to get the smell and tastes through my noise, then I will inhale the smoke when there's not much smoke left to let out. Sometimes I take the cigar and put it close to my noise and smell the smoke coming from the end.

If this has been discussed before I am sorry but I didn't see anything in the search forum.

Most of the time I'll puff, one or two big puffs at a time depending on how its smoking. Othertimes I'll almost chew on the end and breath in a little at a time and puff at a less frequent clip than normal. I never intentionally inhale though of course I inhale some.

I like to take a loooong, slow draw letting the smoke gather in my mouth. Then, depending on how it's sitting I'll either just let it roll out of my mouth, or if it's really bitter I'll just push it out.

I usually just puff. Two or three puffs a minute. I try the retrohaling thing every once in a while, but don't find that it adds much to the experience.

1. Clip head
2. Torch foot
3. Smoke until done
4. See step 1.

;)

- Tim

Inhaling cigar smoke changes the taste that was intended by the blender, usually for the worse. Much worse. If you're doing this you should stop and enjoy what the creator of your cigar had in mind.

Doc.

I tend to smoke with my mouth, but I suppose there are other ways.

I take a long puff and let the smoke gather in my mouth (not the lungs) let about half of it roll out, begin pushing it out and close my mouth to retrohale the remaining third or so through my nose. I tend to retrohale almost every puff. I puff once or twice per minute.

I always purge the cigar once, sometimes twice. The cigar almost always gets a purge around the halfway point.

Purging is needed when the cigar builds up junk at the cherry and begins to taste bitter or stale. I ash the stick, put the flame to the end, and blow through the cigar while keeping it lit. The more crap it burns off, the more the flame wants to hang on. Usually this takes 5 or 10 seconds.

I like to inhale through my nose while I draw the smoke into my mouth (if that makes any sense), let the smoke mingle on my palette for a bit, and then exhale through my mouth and expel the smoke (occasionally, I'll expel the smoke through my nose).

I never inhale. It makes me ill.

I usually take a nice, long draw and swish the smoke around in my mouth, then slowly blow the smoke out. Every other puff I will take a quick draw and exhale it all through my nose. I love the sensation and flavors that emerge the nose exhale -- only problem is on some smokes that burns like hell.

I tend to purge once or twice on every cigar as well. I try to wait at least a minute between draws, but overall I think I am a fast smoker compared to most, so my drawing usually ends up making the smoke a little bitter. The purging helps clear all that out and make it taste fresh. 

I don't inhale really I just barely inhale the last bit through my noise just to get the smell of the smoke. Since your nose is what senses most of the tastes.

I don't inhale really I just barely inhale the last bit through my noise just to get the smell of the smoke. Since your nose is what senses most of the tastes.

So in order to taste food, you need to snort it?

I like to start with some candles and massage oil. Once I get in the mood I put on a little Marvin Gaye and gently peel the cap away while inhaling the delicious aroma as the head of the cigar is exposed. Then I put on my wizard hat and robe and cast level 12 "WTF kind of thread is this". The cigar tries to escape but I catch it and torch the shit out of it by casting level 5 "Just light the fuggin cigar and smoke it are you kidding me?" till it is dead. And I am spent.

I like to start with some candles and massage oil. Once I get in the mood I put on a little Marvin Gaye and gently peel the cap away while inhaling the delicious aroma as the head of the cigar is exposed. Then I put on my wizard hat and robe and cast level 12 "WTF kind of thread is this". The cigar tries to escape but I catch it and torch the shit out of it by casting level 5 "Just light the fuggin cigar and smoke it are you kidding me?" till it is dead. And I am spent.

<xRanger cast's "Ignore Phil lvl 13"> ;) And bites foot off of cigar to light cap.

I inhale thru my mouth,exhale thru my nose the majority of the time.I don't inhale the smoke into my lungs tho.

Just out of curiosity, what color is your underware during all of this? Not that I care, mind you.

Doc.

Just out of curiosity, what color is your underware during all of this? Not that I care, mind you.

Doc.

I'm from the west, I might just go commando.

So in order to taste food, you need to snort it?

Seventy to seventy-five percent of what we perceive as taste actually comes from our sense of smell. Taste buds allow us to perceive only bitter, salty, sweet, and sour flavors. When you put food in your mouth, odor molecules from that food travel through the passage between your nose and mouth to olfactory receptor cells at the top of your nasal cavity, just beneath the brain and behind the bridge of the nose.