• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How long should one have to wait.......

How long is acceptable for completing a trade?

• Trade should be sent within 1 day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade should be sent within 2 days

• Trade should be sent within 3 days

• Trade should be sent within 5 days

• Trade should be sent within 7 days

• Trade should be sent within 14 days

• Trade should be sent within 30 days

• Doesn't matter when trade is sent as long as its sent

• Total voters

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
Some recent events that have been brought to my attention make me ask this very simple question. If you agree to a trade how long do you wait to take care of your obligation?

Please do not add additional BS into the question.

I voted for 3 days. I personally like to get things out right away, which would be one day, however I think 3 days is fair assuming we all have lives and things going on besides the trade.

And of course one better have in their posession the actual smokes that they are trading, and not have to wait for an order. i.e. you shouldn't trade smokes you don't actually have!

Well, I would say that should be worked out when setting up the trade, but in the event that is overlooked, I'd give it a week for both parties to send their end. Just my .02

Trades and passes should be sent off within an agreed time. I worry if my end of trades are not sent off immediately. Two days is acceptable in my realm of thought.

My gut feeling is 7 days, but I'd wait 14 before making a stink about it.

I think I misinterpreted the question before I voted though.

As for me I'd say ASAP, with 3-5 days being the max.

I think 2 days is fair. If you can't accomodate within that time you shouldn't be trading in the first place unless there is an unusual circumstance. Just my .02 cents.

I voted 3 days. 3 days is enough time to get the sticks packaged up, boxed up, taped up, label printed off and taken to the post office. I think anything after 14 days w/out explanation is just BS.

I'll bet the people this is intended for don't even vote. Some lame excuse about work or life getting in the way. Bull Sh*t. If you don't have time to send out your end don't get involved. How long does it take to pack up a few sticks and print a label? You don't even have to go to the PO anymore. Link right on the label page to schedule a pickup right at your home or office.

Let's be honest, if you don't get your end out in a week either your looking to get over on someone or you just don't give a damn.

As long as I'm on a rant here one more thing. Boxes are free at the PO and bubble wrap is cheap. You can buy bubble wrap most anywhere and every Sam's Club and office supply sells it. No, padded envelopes aren't good enough unless you just sending loose tobacco, because thats all it's going to be when it gets there anyway. If you don't pack well enough to insure the sticks arrive in good shape you're in the "don't give a damn" group and no one wants to trade with you anyway.

OK rant over continue on.

If it wasn't stated in the trade then 2 days. I cen't hold it much longer than that. :blush:

I would say 5 days is acceptable.
Anything else longer than that should be taken to PM...anything after that should be made public..

I ALWAYS get my trades and sales off within 2 days, and strive for 1 day. It doesn't take long to box something up and get it to the PO. Hell, you can even pay for and print labels online these days. I have waited for over a month for a trade before. :sign: That is ridiculous. If you have the time to propose a trade and post here you have the time to go to the PO in a timely manner. Sure, things DO come up and these should be dealt with on a case by case basis.

I strive to get my end of trades off within one day (i.e., the next morning after the agreement is struck). There have been a couple of instances where it took a couple of days. Had to leave town once, so it took four. IF something like that occurs, take it to PM and make sure it is OK and that all parties involved are happy.

Now, I voted for 3 days, as that is the maximum, normally accepted time to me. I realize a lot of people are busier than me and don't have the time I do.

I voted for two days. Sometimes it's not always possible to run back out to the PO at the end of a long day....but, it's pretty easy to get everything ready go and hit it the day after.... :thumbs:

Of course "stuff happens" but I'd think a simple, honest, PM would go a long way in that situation.

Just my $00.02 - B.B.S.

Depends on the parameters set up beforehand. If I am trading with someone new, they send their end first. Then, and only then, will I package up my stuff to be sent out. It is usually done within 5 days of receiving their end of the trade. If it is someone I've traded with before, I will usually get the trade out within a couple days of the initial PMs or e-mails. What is realy important in all of this is the communication before the deal is struck and also communication in between. Things come up and sometimes it is hard to complete the trade. As long as this isn't a consistent thing with an individual, some slack could be cut here and there.

I think 7 days is not unreasonable. Of course whatever the two parties agree to is what should be expected.

I voted for 5 days, because I think there are VERY few circumstances where sending out a trade should go beyond 5 days. I strive to get it out in a day or two - but there have been a couple of occasions where I've gone 5 days.

I voted for three. Like others said, set it out clearly before the trade. We all know that life gets in the way of good intentions. I know I am guilty of that.

Emo

Within 3 days, unless there is some reason for the delay (which the trader should communicate to you).

I hardly ever trade. On the rare occasions I've traded with someone new, I follow Matt's logic, wait for their end to arrive then send my end within a few days. With someone I know, I send them ASAP.

I said seven days but when someone sends me cash for cigars, I try to get the cigars out within a day or two of receiving the money. If it's someone I know, I send the cigars before I receive the money.

It looks like my vote is within the majority of the people; 3 days. I try my best to get them out the same day, if not, the next. I say 3 days is the most reasonable request.

ree